It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What actually is Jacobs Ladder?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismos
en.wikipedia.org...

mystery solved. thanks ghostbusters!

I can't wait until I run Into one of these ladders.
The sight of this ladder would turn away most.
A teabag of sorts.

baka.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

hot dang a LADDER match!
The LORD is His memorable name" (Hosea 12:3-5). Notice the parallel points: Jacob struggled with God, but he struggled with the Angel. One explanation for the parallel is that "angel" means a messenger. Thus as a representative of God, Jacob wrestled with God's representative and therefore he wrestled with God.

Im not much of a biblist
but I'll give you this one...
just be cause a deed issued by an angel might not stand up in court
but a deed issued by God...
well you know
i guess thats like.....
iron clad

would god really have to wrestle all night to take him,,,,
if it was Hulk Hogan vs God
would that be like an all week affair?
could it be said God then had wrestled with Hulk Hogan's manager?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by Mr Green

You might not believe it, but it’s the strangest thing. I only came into this thread because of a dream I had four nights ago. Now I’m not one for dreams and all that stuff although I do see they are more than what we think. Anyway I had a dream I was wrestling with myself! It was a brief dream, it was in good spirits and I ended up facing myself, upside down arms round my calves! Then I woke up. It was the oddness of the dream that struck me and when I saw your thread I thought I recognized something! I hadn’t thought about that old story of Jacob.

It is most odd seeing ourself in dreams. Ive never had a struggle like you have but its obviously very meaningful and I can see why you connected it to Jacobs Ladder. Actually until this thread I didnt even know Jacob had had a struggle with God at the top of the ladder. That I find is very interesting, and I do think as in your dream it is ourself we are struggling with as we become more aware.

Thanks Midicon for a good peice of synchronicity.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What actually is English?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I think Jacob wrestled with an an angel, but came to the realisation that it was God!

I liked your post!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

So what do we have?

A simple tale, a metaphor for a simple truth?
A symbol of transformation?

You know, Jacob’s ladder may not represent the double helix at all!
We, with all our knowledge, love to wrap words around things and give them endless depth with layers of meaning. Jacob’s ladder has become a Rorschach Blot!

Should we read a hundred books? Which definition will we choose in the end?
Will it just be the one that satisfies us? Will the true one transform us?

If Jacob wrestled with himself, what does that say about God?
What is god?
Is the ladder both the symbol and the goal?
I like that idea!

And this dna thing is good fun!

Midicon.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

If Jacob wrestled with himself, what does that say about God?

That the two are not seperate? It is only our perception that makes us think we are disconnected from Source? This is what I believe and feel, but still I have no understanding of what the ladder is or how to climb it...maybe I think too much, maybe I dont need to know how we climb it or what it is, but to just continue to climb?

This ladder reminds me a little of the game Snakes and Ladders, we climb a while, then fall, get back up again and continue to climb. We climb and fall many times but the finish line is always achievable as long as we continue to get back up and climb.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Well as I’ve said MG I’m an opposite kind of guy!

Who is Jacob? What does he represent?

Edit to add,

I see from your signature that Castaneda has come calling!
Tonal, nagual, same battle?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by midicon]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

My signature was quoted in a book I recently read by Deepak Chopra, I thought it showed well how we must always seek knowledge (even though it can be frightening) .

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Is this not the same Don Juan Matus?

Why does God only appear in dreams?
Is this the solution of Jacob's ladder?
What do you think?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If the Ladder represents DNA.....then each rung or staircase could represent a generation or era of a seed line. The ladder could represent infinity on each end since the end points don't appear to be defined. A sprial ladder may imply more than a straight ladder. The left side of the ladder, from the midway point may represent masculinity while the right side femininity. Both represent reproduction of another rung, or era, or generation.

A mirror effect could be involved if a state moves from material to spiritual while increasing or descreasing positions along the rung such that up appears up but may really be down.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EinsteinLight
If the Ladder represents DNA.....then each rung or staircase could represent a generation or era of a seed line. The ladder could represent infinity on each end since the end points don't appear to be defined. A sprial ladder may imply more than a straight ladder. The left side of the ladder, from the midway point may represent masculinity while the right side femininity. Both represent reproduction of another rung, or era, or generation.

I like your idea of a spiral ladder rather than a straight ladder.
In the OP I said that Jacobs Ladder had mysteriously appeared on several searches for un related information. It was this diagram below that came up on a search I was doing for independant seeking . It is a totally different way of showing Jacobs Ladder .

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d586ca0f218.jpg[/atsimg]

And so the Higher Intuition becomes the other point of reference, or point D on the ladder of Jacob. And when we become aware of the existence of both Higher Intuition and the Umpire, and their opposition, we become possibly aware of the Process Observer.

As has been said before these mental workings are similar to intense meditation, or the result of intense meditation. I am continually running across references in Buddhistic and Brahmanistic writings which indicate that the sages of the Himalayas and the Ganges knew about these mental stages, for perhaps a thousand years.

An accompanying diagram (Plate I) will give some idea of direction of our search for higher Reality, which simultaneously means the finding of the True Self.

www.searchwithin.org...

I dont really understand this diagram but you can see how awarness is growing in "steps" ,when I have time I will read through the site, but it is another way apparently of showing Jacobs Ladder. Doesnt look very much like DNA though.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Jacobs ladder is a symbol
and a Metaphor

the ladder is sort of paralleled by Iching hexagrams
as well as moving up and down the ladder
elements of the ladder move up and down
as does the whole ladder
and the observer

I like the example of the state
decrease and increase
hex 41 and 42

which are paralleled by the DNA

ah it is one of those 4 d examples
I notice that symbols that come from a certain distant age
have this quality about them

like the way the 3 rearrangements of
E=MC2
Are also expressed by and in the yin yang symbol
particle and wave
now how dd they know that?

so quantum things like elecron shells are also jacobs ladders too

the progress of evolution physically or mentally
might be another
comparison

Fascinating thread though OP

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Originally posted by midicon

Is this not the same Don Juan Matus?

Yes.

Deepaks books/site are full of quotes. This is another one Chopra quotes from Rumi which I also really like

When I die I shall sour with Angels,
And when I die to the angels, what I shall become,
You cannot imagine.

deepakchopra.com...

I used to read a lot of Eckhart Tolle, but have found Chopras work/links and recommendations to be more interesting. I did a thread recently on how his description of the modern human ego was one of the best Id ever read. He states the following (amongst several other points)

1. A person who thinks that only material existence is real and thus becomes totally ignorant of their Source, which is both quantum and virtual. They accept the illusion of time and space. When this happens contact with the Source is lost. The voice of the soul begins to grow fainter and fainter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Off topic slightly but related to your question about my signature.)

Why does God only appear in dreams?
Is this the solution of Jacob's ladder?
What do you think?

I dont know Midicon, maybe because we are so busy with our day to day lives we take very little time to be silent.

Why do you say the solution to Jacobs Ladder is in our dreams?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hi MG,

‘Why do you say the solution to Jacobs Ladder is in our dreams?’
I didn’t quite say that, though it may be true!
I said ‘why does God only appear in dreams?’

Perhaps the most interesting thing is the ‘angel’
It’s all quite Jungian. The angel is the archetype, its primordial form is always hidden.
It presents as an image of itself.
Jacob wrestles with the archetype and realizes its true nature.
And in so doing, perhaps touches his, own true nature.
And all that stuff!

So what’s at the bottom of an archetype?
How far down does it go?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Jacobs ladder is a symbol
and a Metaphor

the ladder is sort of paralleled by Iching hexagrams
as well as moving up and down the ladder
elements of the ladder move up and down
as does the whole ladder
and the observer

Interesting how you say it is just not us that move up the ladder but how maybe elements of the ladder and the whole ladder are able to move up and down. Kind of difficult to picture such a thing in action.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Jacobs ladder is a euphemism that portrays an interaction between angel/aliens and humans. (I do not believe these creatures to be benevolent!)

The "ladder" is described as a staircase of angels "ascending and descending"...so it is not like a utility ladder....but probably more of an arched shape. This is why these beings are called ARCH angels.

I suspect certain members in the higher echelons of secret societies have some interactions with them, hence the name Royal Arch Society. The Freemasons are downline from these groups.

When Jacob "wrestled" with the angel, it was not a physical match of strength. This "wrestling" was an act of negotiations. Jacob, being "struck in the thigh" refers to reproductive organs. The covenant, or deal that was made had to do with genetic experimentation on Jacob's prodigy. I believe this is why we have different "races" of people. Jacob was known as fathering the different tribes.

The negotiations had to do with what Jacob wanted in return for his cooperation. If you read the scriptures, you will see that Jacob learned some techniques of breeding and genetics from them and applied his knowledge in breeding his own stock from his father-in-laws herds.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
jacob's ladder is a game you play with a piece of string. Metaphysically speaking, it's all about gaining a higher level of consciousness.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thanks Mr. Green....

Couple more reasons why I believe a double helix is Jacob's Ladder.....

(1) Book of Genesis = Book of Genes...where Jacob's dream was written.
(2) Terah, Abraham's father was line bred such that Terah's genes were stacked as Abraham reproduced with his half sister Sarah. Jacob comes out of Sarah.
(3) DNA emits light...the angels (angles) of light and absorbs light as a communication mechanism similar to photosysthesis and plants. Check Hemes....

Jacob's seed, before and after, seems to be the target of the dream. The spiral could be the Golden Spiral.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by EinsteinLight]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A couple of more bullets.....

A Helical structure is a circle moving in time. Time is based upon light and is relative. If you were drawing a circle and the plane was moving in the Z direction, a spiral would occur like a slinky or spring or screw.

Time can be measured by Fibonacci intervals. The Golden Mean is a representation of the maximum reproduction rate. I would think light, pi, The Golden Mean, The Golden Spiral, and the Fibonnaci ratio are very closely related to Jacob's Ladder dream.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join