It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed US Bin Laden hunter arrested in Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

An American man who claimed to have been on a mission to hunt down Osama Bin Laden has been arrested in northern Pakistan, police say.

He had a pistol, dagger and a sword and was carrying Christian literature.

Police say the man was stopped near the border with Afghanistan's Nuristan province, a known Taliban stronghold.

Well whatever you think of this - This guy was either crazy, brave or both to attempt wandering alone in such hostile areas.

Somebody should have told him that the Americans DON'T want Bin laden dead. After all - they supposedly stopped the SAS from taking out Bin Laden.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A pistol dagger and a sword?
Is he rambo?

CX

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Just heard this story on Radio One here in the UK...they say he is a builder!

Best of luck to him if that was all he was tooled up with.

I think i'd have replaced the Christian literature with some more guns. I can't remember the last time a book killed a terrorist.

CX.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That is awesome. This guy must have been a sight to behold.

There aren't many men like this around anymore.

But please don't forget there is also a bounty on Osama Bin Laden that has never been claimed.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
But please don't forget there is also a bounty on Osama Bin Laden that has never been claimed.

And why do you think that is?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I seriously doubt if Osama Bin Laden is even alive these days. The words "futile exercise" spring to mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Bludy el..... how the hell did he get so far without being kidnapped or shot himself?

This is kinda hard to believe....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Just heard this story on Radio One here in the UK...they say he is a builder!

Best of luck to him if that was all he was tooled up with.

I think i'd have replaced the Christian literature with some more guns. I can't remember the last time a book killed a terrorist.

CX.

Well I think one in particular has helped quite a few...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
He was arrested in Chitral.

Related thread

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
He was probably going for the up to $25 million USD bounty. But I do think I would have chosen my weapons differently. Christian literature? I wonder if he was thinking of converting OBL to Christianity trying to either take him back alive (a joke) or killing him?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It's probably just as well he was arrested. He'd have either got himself killed, ended up killing civilians by accident because he doesn't know what he's doing, or got kidnapped. In the latter case, that could put more people's lives in danger. Idiot.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
You beat me to it OP..... Just seen it on BBc news.

This has to be a late April fools

Damn funniest thing i have read in a long time

I have to take my hat off to Americans, i just urinated in my pants reading this, especialy the part with versus and scriptures.

Better than Hollywood drivel. Shame Bin Ladens dead though, coulda saved himself a fortune on flights.

ROFL

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What was he charged with?

Bin Laden has a bounty on his head, right? What's the point of a bounty if you can't collect it?

If I want to spend my free time looking for him I should be able to. Especially if there's a bounty.

Not like this guy could have done any worse than the "coalition".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

LOL

Very true indeed.... If a bounty hunter is going to get arrested what is the point in having a bounty on someone's head?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This story is just too unbelievable. He said he went to Pakistan 7 times. Who does this guy think he is? Morgan Spurlock? Why did he only get caught this time? And what was his crime exactly? He also had Christian literature on him, you mean, the bible? What other Christian literature is there? The Watchtower? The night vision goggles and a sword are also weird. Why doesn't he have a shot gun, and where are his supplies? Is he just wandering around with no clothes or camping equipment? This is the ultimate game of "where's Waldo." If he is not a CIA agent I hope he realizes that there's a reason no one has caught bin laden yet, they don't want him to be found. Maybe this will be a learning experience for him if he survives.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Bin Laden has a bounty on his head for something like $25,000,000. This guy was looking for a recession busting payday.The strange thing is Bin Laden does not seem to be wanted in connection to 9/11 on the F.B.I. most wanted list???

Good luck to the Bunker Bustin',Bible Bashing Builder on his next veture

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Rambo Lives!!
Rambo Lives!!

Bin Laden is actually hiding on M Street NW in DC for those who are still looking.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
you see what happen when you watch too much TV? you start to think you're something special.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

LOL

Very true indeed.... If a bounty hunter is going to get arrested what is the point in having a bounty on someone's head?

It was probably because he was running around with a knife and a gun, for all we know, he could have been in pakistan waving his gun around yelling WHERES OSAMA over and over again.
Or he could have just been an actual vigilante, in which case this arrest is highly suspicious.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I just saw a news piece on it, where his doctor or a doctor was swearing that he is sane and that he isn't the least bit crazy. I find this hard to believe. The guy is a construction worker with absolutely no military experience and yet he thinks that he will succeed?

If I had to bet, this guy probably thought that he was on a mission from "god" and that this "god" would protect him and see to it that he succeeded.

What an idiot!

--airspoon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join