It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Earthquake Hit Southern California

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It also seems there were a string of small shocks building up to the 5.7, so coupled with there being several 4+ quakes since then I would suspect that this is all just one big shake before a serious quake hits?
Just seems to be a constant barrage - I hope everyone is OK over there. Im in UK, we had a quake 18mths ago that was a 2.8 over 40 miles away from my house that rattled the bookcases, so I dread to think what these are like!
Tried to paste them in here but they came out misaligned so cant do that...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Some of you might find this interesting:
Salton Trough Geology PDF

Talks about the area and how Baja California, up through the area around the Salton Sea and to the west is being pulled away from the North American plate, some mention of the Cerro Prieto volcano, Colorado River Delta and other things.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I still haven't felt a thing. I'm in Pasadena at work. A piece of the ceiling did just fall on me though, a small one. I doubt this means we're doomed.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
I still haven't felt a thing. I'm in Pasadena at work. A piece of the ceiling did just fall on me though, a small one. I doubt this means we're doomed.

Me too

nothing...

not a bump, even though I am trying to pay attention for such a thing

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am in NorCal, and after seeing this thread I emailed my daughter in SoCal to see if she'd felt them... I had to post a portion of her response for a little bit of a chuckle in these dire times... (I've been keeping her abreast of the oil volcano)

"Dude I totally felt one last night sometime after 8pm. I was sitting on the couch with kitty and it just started shaking. I was wondering if it was going to be followed by a huge oil tidelwave or a bubble of gas. Did u feel any up there? Is it bc of the oil? "

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as earthquake season. I was simply trying to understand what was so unusual about this earthquake?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

More than 100 earthquakes rattle California-Mexico border region after magnitude 5.7 temblor; more expected

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

On one side you got Earthquakes, and on the other side you're covered
in Oil, and shortly to be hit with Huricanes.

It's looking like it's not going to be a very pleasant end-of-the-world
party in 2012 with all the mayhem happening.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Im glad it wasn't any thing serious.
I'm from Toronto, Canada and i was watching the blue jays (mlb) play San Diego Padres in Cali... lol..and the play on the field just stopped and i heard the commentators start to say.. "uh oh i think we are having an earth quake" lol..they went all silent and the foul pole and everything started to shake.
Have to admit, it was kind of trippy.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Well, after a quiet night, my dog is once again begining to act strange. He has started that wierd bark again and is sniffing at the air....wanting outside, snifs comes back in without doing anything. He seems confused and upset about whatever it is that he can't figure out.

I, for one, am going to keep a close eye on all of this!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by dbloch7986

Me too

nothing...

not a bump, even though I am trying to pay attention for such a thing

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Janky Red]

Well I have a speeding ticket due next month. Maybe if there's a 9.0 they'll let it slide? I hope so, though CHP is more likely to dig me out of the rubble take my wallet and throw me back.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
more to come

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I felt it in Upland Ca. At the base of Mt Baldy. Quick Jolt for us.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Need to look very close at what is going on in the Gulf... this is a prelude..

Okay, just a little more insight, again take alook...
More events here compared from the past. Look and listen to the sinking of the gulf.

Pressure is just beginning to take place more so after 59 days,is why the recent shakes within the area, move again East towards GOM. More to come I'm certain, but further East.
I'm to a point if there is a slight change in that area, I'm again certain, there will be a shift within the floor of that Ocean bottem! Up or Down,left or right, not good!
Muddy Ugly one might say!
Must worst then it is now!

www.iris.edu...

Touch your cursor on the Red/yellow lines, history will be displayed.

Just a thought!

Jessemole!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan
Earthquake Watch

interesting

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

Oh man! There was just an earthquake in Chile less than an hour ago! This guy was right. Indonesia, Baja CA, and Chile!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, what are HAARP's capabilities? They are so busy drowning Oklahoma City, you wouldn't think they had energy enough to make quakes in California.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Now get busy and pass this on.. I'm trying... need more help!
Waiting is not an Option!

Jessemole

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by America?
Maybe that one kid doing the earthquake predictions for California was right?

He IS right. Just wait and see. All you people in Cali on ATS, you have time to do it now.

LEAVE.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow the quakes are still rolling in on the USGS. That's a pretty big swarm is it not?

2nd line

[edit on 15-6-2010 by DantesPeak]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Perhaps this was an expected event in light of the massive amount of movement from the BP spill. I hate that we are tampering with nature to the point of human extinction.

Edit to say that "This" "Is" 333 days since the Cronkite death.... Just saying.

And... 333 days to 12-21-12

[edit on 15-6-2010 by antar]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join