It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the "God particle"? Well now there may be 5 of them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok, this stuff is waaaay over my head but it has popped up on BBC news that the boffins at the 666 LHC units inbred twin in the USA believe that the illusive God particle that they have been searching for may actualy consist of a total of 5 part.

Im no egghead so i thought i would post it up here on ATS for the nerds to decipher and maybe can lay it out for the more flouridated robosapiens among us.

Snippet from the beeb website

news.bbc.co.uk...

US experiment hints at 'multiple God particles'

By Paul Rincon
Science reporter, BBC News DZero (Fermilab) The idea comes from results gathered by the DZero experiment

There may be multiple versions of the elusive "God particle" - or Higgs boson - according to a new study.

Finding the Higgs is the primary aim of the £6bn ($10bn) Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiment near Geneva.

But recent results from the LHC's US rival suggest physicists could be hunting five particles, not one.

The data may point to new laws of physics beyond the current accepted theory - known as the Standard Model.

The Higgs boson's nickname comes from its importance to the Standard Model; it is the sub-atomic particle which explains why all other particles have mass.

However, despite decades trying, no one, so far, has detected it.

The idea of multiple Higgs bosons has emerged from results gathered by the DZero experiment at the Tevatron particle accelerator, operated by Fermilab in Illinois, US.
Continue reading the main story

The Standard Model fits just about every test we've thrown at it. To fit in a new effect in one particular place is not easy

Dr Adam Martin Fermilab

DZero is designed to shed light on why the world around us is composed of normal matter and not its shadowy opposite: anti-matter.

Researchers working on the experiment observed collisions of protons and anti-protons in the Tevatron.

The collisions produced pairs of matter particles slightly more often than they yielded anti-matter particles.

The results showed a 1% difference in the production of pairs of muon (matter) particles and pairs of anti-muons (anti-matter particles) in these high-energy collisions.

Physicists had already seen such differences - known as "CP violation", but these effects were small compared to those seen by the DZero experiment.

The DZero results showed much more significant "asymmetry" of matter and anti-matter - beyond what could be explained by the Standard Model.

...................................................................................................

What can you guys make of this? As i said this stuff is way out of my leauge.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Ok, this stuff is waaaay over my head but it has popped up on BBC news that the boffins at the 666 LHC units inbred twin in the USA

What do words "boffins", "twin" and "inbred" have to do with the possibility of Higgs multiplet? Why do you feel the need to pollute ATS with verbal excrement?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The article doesn't really explain how they came up with 5 particles, anyway, this is making it harder for the Big Bang theorist.

What about finding the Satan particle?
In my opinion, finding the "Satan" particle would be much easier, just get two Politicians into the LHC, and shoot them off in opposite directions.
Regardless if they collide or not, the experiment is always a success

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
One question, what exactly is the god particle????
I like the satan particle idea, very true!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Through the wormhole with Morgan Freeman mentioned this sort of thing the other day.

some american Beach Bum/Scientist has a theory about it that could change everything. Cant remember his name.

you should watch it. He mentions in it the fact that the LHC are looking for a few of these particles, not just the higgs Boson.

g

EDIT TO ADD - look up this guy here - Dr. Garrett Lisi - An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything

[edit on 14-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I guess that doesn't change much for the Higgs boson in the end:

"In the Standard Model, you only see one of them becuase the other three are absorbed into [other parts of the scheme] such as the W and the Z bosons. There's only one left," he told BBC News.

It's still folkloric if you don't find the said particle which supposedly creates all mass.

But if all this is correct then there should be a twin anti-matter universe on the other side of the big bang where anti-matter is 1% more abundant than matter.

However, the thing has been predicted 20 years ago and still no sign of it...

lol sometimes scientists also create conspiracies, and failed prophecies.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot
The article doesn't really explain how they came up with 5 particles, anyway, this is making it harder for the Big Bang theorist.

What about finding the Satan particle?
In my opinion, finding the "Satan" particle would be much easier, just get two Politicians into the LHC, and shoot them off in opposite directions.
Regardless if they collide or not, the experiment is always a success

oh man....

what fun!

Thank you for the laugh, I needed one.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think the bigger question is where did everything start? How does something come from nothing?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, a particle per every God, so that means that hundreds more of these "god-particles" are waiting to be discovered.

Wait we also need a Tooth Fairy particle, Santa Claus particle...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i wonder if the god particle only reads only from left to right?

perhaps the god particle is more literate than commoners....

eden [phonetically & reversed] nude

yep, they were nude in the garden of eden...

boots [mirror] stood

yep, boots have been known to have stood...

trophy [phenetically reversed] effort

yep, a trophy is nothing more than proof of an effort...

hadron collider [reversed phonetically] read ill lock know our day

just some thoughts i don' think are as seperate as others may believe them to be,
ET

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think the mods should change the title of every thread that deals with this subject matter to this:

"Read this thread if you want to find out how dumb you are."

That way I can skip it and continue believing that I'm not a moron.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Isen't this what nassim haramein been saying this whole time? now there are 5 parts to the god particle? Sounds like fractals to me

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
1. Father
2. Son
3. Holy Ghost
4. Satan
5. Anti-...er Son

Yup thats 5.

Anyone have some chocolates?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven