It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmare vision for Europe as EU chief warns 'democracy could disappear' in Greece, Spain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Nightmare vision for Europe as EU chief warns 'democracy could disappear' in Greece, Spain and Portugal

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

Democracy could ‘collapse’ in Greece, Spain and Portugal unless urgent action is taken to tackle the debt crisis, the head of the European Commission has warned.
In an extraordinary briefing to trade union chiefs last week, Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso set out an ‘apocalyptic’ vision in which crisis-hit countries in southern Europe could fall victim to military coups or popular uprisings as interest rates soar and public services collapse because their governments run out of money.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A bailout of Spain on the cards:

The stark warning came as it emerged that EU chiefs have begun work on an emergency bailout package for Spain which is likely to run into hundreds of billions of pounds.

EU begin emergency billion-pound bailout of Spain,
Countries in debt may fall to dictators, EC chief warns,
'Apocalyptic' vision as some states run out of money.

There we have it, as frontpage news. This isn't sensationalist, it's realism.

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

If this is called democracy right now in the EU.

Wonder what dictatorship means to them?

I hate how they throw the word Apocalypse around so much these days without explaining it to people who mostly hear the movie version that gives the impression the worlds gonna combust in an orgy of explosions...

Definitions of apocalypse on the Web:

* a cosmic cataclysm in which God destroys the ruling powers of evil
* Revelation: the last book of the New Testament; contains visionary descriptions of heaven and of conflicts between good and evil and of the end of the world; attributed to Saint John the Apostle
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* An Apocalypse (Greek: Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse

(apologies I cannot get the link to work, if anyones bothered they can do a google search and its the first two hits)

[edit on 14-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

There is speculation that the Euro could disappear within five years. What happens to 16 European member states that use the currency if it goes? Bailed out by the far east?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh - no!! Popular uprising? Catastrophic - quick, send in the UN peacekeepers to shoot all those peasants who want to over throw the unelected robber barons!

Bah - I hope FERVENTLY that there is a popular uprising in Greece and ALL countries of the world, and they take all the stolen loot off the thieves and give it back to the people.

The LAW as it stands is purely a tool of control - it must be destroyed entirely, and COMMON law must be applied, with common law courts. ANY other legal system should be VIOLENTLY dismantled.

Until modern banking is EXPOSED as the utterly FRAUDULENT and ILLEGAL (via common law) practice it is, then the world is doomed to serve the robber barons.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good Riddance, and besdies there was never really a real democracy to begin with in the first place.

all the elections in eupore that had happended in the past were decided by the world elites whom they choose there new leader.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I love the irony of this;
The European Commission, which is not under any particular democratic control, expressing anxiety about the future of European democracy.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Guess we know this is coming alright.

The big shock for me is that they being public with this news.

I see by your avatar your in England. I can't get over the language being used in the meadia there in the last week about how they will be severe and dramatic cuts for everyone. They are warning how terrible cuts will be and so far there isn't a peep outta anyone.

I'm in Ireland where everything is completely in the crapper. They keep using countries like Greece as a warning to us that if we don't take our punishment on behalf of the banks we will end up like Greece. The fact is we our just as bad as Greece if not worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Good Riddance, and besdies there was never really a real democracy to begin with in the first place.

all the elections in eupore that had happended in the past were decided by the world elites whom they choose there new leader.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

By the very nature of majority rule, democracy doesn't really exist in any country that calls itself democratic.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Guess we know this is coming alright.

The big shock for me is that they being public with this news.

I see by your avatar your in England. I can't get over the language being used in the meadia there in the last week about how they will be severe and dramatic cuts for everyone. They are warning how terrible cuts will be and so far there isn't a peep outta anyone.

I'm in Ireland where everything is completely in the crapper. They keep using countries like Greece as a warning to us that if we don't take our punishment on behalf of the banks we will end up like Greece. The fact is we our just as bad as Greece if not worse.

It's gonna get bad, the question is: How bad? I think with gimmicks like asking the British public what cuts should be made is an attempt to soften us up for some big blows.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

yea, thought that was funny alright.

A few decades ago the british would be tearing up the streets protesting. Very interested to see if this will come about in the next 12months. I think the majority of Irish are too afraid to protest and scared of what might result. Very curious to see if British will be same or if they will take to the streets.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes it could all happen in europe but then again it could all happen in the USA or have you forgot that on the whole the USA has more debt per person than europe and if you are looking for a basket case then look towards the UK.

Add to this that the world is getting a little tired with the USA and it sugests to me that we are all in big trouble and if any one goes down then they all go and it has been planned that way by the zionists to introduce the amero.

Did you know that the USD$ once got you more than a euro ?

We don't know what games are being played but no sooner have they got every one to rush to one side of the room than they get everyone to rush back but in the process brokers make money and in general the public that play in the game become worse off.

Spain made a ton of money from silly brits and germans buying up property and it will take a few years for that money to vanish but hey if you feel lucky punk then take your shot.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by LarryLove

yea, thought that was funny alright.

A few decades ago the british would be tearing up the streets protesting. Very interested to see if this will come about in the next 12months. I think the majority of Irish are too afraid to protest and scared of what might result. Very curious to see if British will be same or if they will take to the streets.

You make an interesting point about protesting. Spain recently took to the streets over a 5% cut in public sector salaries. France will protest about anything (that's why I love 'em) and I am not so sure the Brits will take to the streets. We have become quite a pacified country over the years. Mind you, over 500,000 marched against war in Iraq and yet Blair and his cronies still gave us two fingers.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Thing isa, most in the UK actually agree that cuts need to made as the last Government spent money like it was going out of fashion, so I doubt there will be mass protests, except from those who have vested interests like the Civil Service and their final salary pensions, which under Labour doubled in size.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I want to pose this question.

Is Greece being used as a "test" of what will happen in America?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
I want to pose this question.

Is Greece being used as a "test" of what will happen in America?

I think partly Greece is being punished because it didn't tell the full truth about its sovereign debt before joining the Euro. This has led to an open book policy for all countries wanting to join the Euro now.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Does anyone think it's possible that an Islamic faction could rise to power in any of these situations?

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My question is who is affectd by this catastrophe?

Understand that I feel for the common man who may struggle even more to provide for those he must, but in a serf society like ours that is the norm. It has only been the last couple centuries that we slaves have had any real quality of life.

And look how hard they are trying to take it away.

It seems to me this is more of a disaster for those who have been pimping us out as they try to shape the world as they see fit then for the average citizen. As cruel as this is going to sound I hope the whole thing collapses resulting in hyper inflation and food riots. I realize that this would impact the weakest and poorest, but it might also wake people up, get them to open their eyes.

For centuries religion has kept the masses in check, but that power is fading and TPTB desperately need something to replace it with fast; are these austerity measures it? Convince everyone that they need to tighten their belts and deal with increasingly less and less for the good of us all?

It's not working and its their own fault.

Don't tell me I need to knuckle down and face the music, I paid my taxes YOU FRITTERED IT AWAY. Don't tell me that times are tough while you sit in your limo and are chauffeured to a private jet, BOTH of which I pay for but cannot use...

The problem here is not ours, even though we will suffer, the problem is theirs; they tried to play a dangerous game within a narrow margin of error and then screwed it up. Now the ignorant and un-washed masses are starting to see and TPTB are scared.

Several times over the millenia humanity has risen up against those who seek to oppress.

We are overdue.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Does anyone think it's possible that an Islamic faction could rise to power in any of these situations?

Just sayin'

No...

Er, no?

Why and how would this come about, unless you believe some of the drivel you read about how the Muslims are taking over Europe?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Baroso is a commie.FACT.

www.cafebabel.co.uk...

He is threatening the breakdown of something which does not exist in the EU
emocracy.

Thats right,the EU is not a democracy.
Otherwise,everyone in it would have been given the chance to vote on joining it or not.

Hes pissed because the good people of Spain,Greece etc have seen through their little commie game,and want nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join