It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pronounces Gulf seafood safe to eat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
White House decided to served Gulf seafood twice a week. LOL!

Most likely not.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has closed about 33% of federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico, banning fishing in those areas because of the oil spill. Source: News4Jax.com

Even though fishing is permitted in 66% of the Gulf, I know I certainly would not eat any fish/seafood from those waters despite reassurances that it's safe to eat.

I agree, because the fish don't know which parts are closed, and they refuse to listen to the Coast Guard and BP officials about where they are permitted to swim and eat!

I will still eat Gulf Fish, because I don't believe the oil has worked its way through the food chain yet, but by the end of summer, I won't be eating it anymore for a couple of years.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My sincere condelences in advance for the few who will follow his advice.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If everyone thinks that this is silly.

Read this new development.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"This disaster has taken their ability to make a living away from them," he said. "We need to do this quickly, and we have to make sure that whatever money goes into that — that in no way caps what BP is responsible for. Whatever money they owe to anybody in the Gulf, they're going to have to pay regardless of the amount."

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That is what I been warning about for a while, BP will go into bankruptcy mode to have the choice to cap on loses and what they are to pay on liabilities.

Why? because in the US we don't have laws to stop this from happening right now

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

"Whatever money they owe anybody."

That part is the problem. BP will split their liability between the three companies: Transocean, Haliburton, and BP. Then each of those companies will blame their 100's suppliers of the materials that failed, and they will blame the employees on the site for bad work practices, and they will overwhelm the lawyers of the claimants with data and risk analysis and truckloads of paperwork. 10 years from now "whatever money they own anybody" still won't be decided and most of the claimants will have given up the effort.

If and when any of the cases make it to court, the juries will be overwhelmed with the same data, and it will be impossible to decide who actually owes what.

BP will pay voluntarily for now to make good press, but once the news outlets move on to their next dog and pony show, BP won't pay out a dime, and neither will anybody else.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Mmmm, yes please gimmie some of dat fresh seafood.

It's easy to get the oil out of the water, but the real problem
is getting the Fish out of the Oil. There's gonna be tainted oil
for years. So when your car stalls next, it might have a bone
stuck in the carby.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I guess that is one way to keep the population under control.....

Emerica is already obsessed with eating food, so encourage them to keep eating the poison. Most of them will probably do it..especially if they see the President doing it.

Put your right arm in, put your right arm out, put your right arm in and shake it all about.....Do the Hokey pokey now...that's what it's all about.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I agree, because the fish don't know which parts are closed, and they refuse to listen to the Coast Guard and BP officials about where they are permitted to swim and eat!

Exactly! And that's why I wouldn't feel safe eating fish/seafood from the Gulf. There's no way to stop tainted fish in the "closed" parts of the Gulf from swimming into the parts of the Gulf deemed safe.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by cornblossom]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I;m going to eat some gulf sea food tonight. can any of you crazies tell me what NOT to eat. bc I will eat it. TONIGHT

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

...Somewhere in a gulf coast fish packing plant two guys talking...

( guy 1) So the prez say Our seafood is ok to eat.
( guy 2) Sure is and it'll grow ya an extra arm out of your back
(guy 1) Yeah, but the prez said its ok to eat, soo..
( guy2) I know, will ship all this to the YANKEES up north, there all idiots and will still make a bundle off them..
(guy 1) yeah will send it to the Yankees, they'll eat anything.
( both guys) ::laugh evily::

A little bit of levity in an age of doom & gloom. Need I remind folks I live on the gulf coast, and If I can make a funny of this ya'll don't need to take everything you read at face value.

Just means folks will be going bass fishing alot more..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

After tons of oil and tons of core exit 9500 are dumped in the
gulf of mexico the president tells ppl it is safe to eat the seafood.

With all due respect, I tend to think seafood marinated in
oil, benzene, hydrogen sulfide, and core exit 9500 is
not only safe but spicy too !!!

LOL

I think I will pass on the seafood for awhile.

Perhaps a LONG while.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Obama is a god damn fool, but his lemmings will believe him. glad i don't eat seafood

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Boooo! I had Apalachicola Oysters two weekends ago, and I'm having a couple of dozen this weekend! Gotta get my tolerance to the oils built up you know!

Honestly, I think the seafood is safe....today. It'll be safe for a few more weeks probably, but by the end of summer it will be out of commission for years!

Eat it now while you can!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is PROOF he is off his rocker!! Not unless you tie me down and force feed me!!! Insanity run amok!!

Pax

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Boooo! I had Apalachicola Oysters two weekends ago, and I'm having a couple of dozen this weekend! Gotta get my tolerance to the oils built up you know!

How's it feel to be a self proclaimed guinea pig?

Feel free to have all you want. You're welcome to mine, although living in the south, I'm an oddity for not eating things like shrimp, oysters, or any other kind of shellfish. Why? Because their purpose from the start, has been to clean the water, like a filter system.

If those things you love to eat, die, do to all of this, the gulf will become a cesspool!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Americans want an intelligent leader in times of a disaster. He wants to be seen as an intelligent leader.

How can he expect people to follow his leadership after making a statement like that?

Hopefully his staff helps him prep for the day. Was this a planned statement?

He confuses me, which is the last thing I want from our leader right now.

Then I look at his executive orders and such. I think there's a pattern here.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

True, but instead of dying, they will probably just eat the stuff up and pass it on up the food chain. You may not eat Oysters, but if you eat Grouper in a few months you will be getting the same thing!

And, I like being a guinnea pig, I just add more beer, horseradish, and hot sauce, and I could probably eat the floating chunks of oil rig out there!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, you are brave. I have a very good friend, that can kill a few dozen oysters, with no problem at one sitting. He will probably eat tainted ones too, just because he loves them so much.

You can eat them, unlimited at House of Seafood, in Bush, LA, or you used to be able too!

I'd go the that place, with freinds who insisted, but never ate anything but the salad, 'cause even the chicken was fried with oysters........yuck!

I don't know, I've always lived by what was ok to eat, from the old Testament, and oysters, shellfish are a no-no! I'm not Jewish, though!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me the mechanics of what would actually happen if one were to consume an oil doused fish?

In other words, how quickly would one become ill and what symptoms would one be likely to suffer?

- bonsaisert

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join