It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question about God or the eternal Self

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Any question such as why does God not save amputee crack babies, is there anything God can not do, etc I can answer, or

I will answer any question on the Eternal Self, the true goal of yoga.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Go away. This isn't Godlikeproductions.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Why is God an amputee crack baby?

Why is God you?

Why does God troll ATS?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

godlikeproductions does not have any more or less spirituality discussions than ATS. So your point is moot.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Why is God an amputee crack baby?

Why is God you?

Why does God troll ATS?

God isn't an amputee crack baby.
I am God because everything is God.
God does not do evil, so he does the opposite of trolling (parading?)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

If God is everything, then God is also an amputee crack baby, a seasoned street prostitute, and a violent sex offender.

Otherwise, God is not everything and therefor none-of-the above. You should read the "The Thunder, Perfect Mind", from the The Nag Hammadi Library.

www.gnosis.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Who is god ? Is the only way to know him thru worship and prayer ? Is organized religion nessasary to form a relationship with god? If you know something is wrong before you do it but do it anyway will god forgive you?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

godlikeproductions does not have any more or less spirituality discussions than ATS. So your point is moot.

Godlikeproductions gets about 20 new threads everyday with titles like "I am a _____, ask me a question" or "I will answer any question about _____." So my point is not actually moot.

Also, most of the other threads are people quoting scripture using it as proof of the end of the world happening tomorrow, which it never does, or how someone has just "attained enlightenment" or had a dream and suddenly knows everything about God. Again, not moot.

Also GOD is the freaking title. GODlikeproductions. So it has more spirituality and religiosity than ABOVETOPSECRET from the get go.

While I am on this rant, GLP is all fringe lunatics and spammers, meth-heads and overly hyper people #ting their pants after reading something scary in the news, drawing insane conclusions by jumping from A to Z without realizing there are 24 letters in between.

While there are some crazies on this site, and meth heads too, even they are more respectable than those on GLP. At least they are literate, and generally older.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

If God is everything, then God is also an amputee crack baby, a seasoned street prostitute, and a violent sex offender.

Otherwise, God is not everything and therefor none-of-the above. You should read the "The Thunder, Perfect Mind", from the The Nag Hammadi Library.

www.gnosis.org...

God is the true nature of all things, that is what that means when I say God is everything. Obviously God can not be anything imperfect, so that phrase is misleading because of its ambiguity. I should have said, God is the true nature of all things. Creation is an image of God, meaning the crack baby is an image of God, not God itself. In that sense, crack babies are not 100 percent evil, the hardship brings attention to it and thus knowledge can be gained, for example, if crack babies is so atrocious, maybe pregnant women shouldn't do crack.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Godlikeproductions gets about 20 new threads everyday with titles like "I am a _____, ask me a question" or "I will answer any question about _____." So my point is not actually moot.

Also, most of the other threads are people quoting scripture using it as proof of the end of the world happening tomorrow, which it never does, or how someone has just "attained enlightenment" or had a dream and suddenly knows everything about God. Again, not moot.

Also GOD is the freaking title. GODlikeproductions. So it has more spirituality and religiosity than ABOVETOPSECRET from the get go.

While I am on this rant, GLP is all fringe lunatics and spammers, meth-heads and overly hyper people #ting their pants after reading something scary in the news, drawing insane conclusions by jumping from A to Z without realizing there are 24 letters in between.

While there are some crazies on this site, and meth heads too, even they are more respectable than those on GLP. At least they are literate, and generally older.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SubPop79]

okay so if GLP is full of fringe lunatics I guess now you know why I am on ATS instead. Or do you have a fundamental problem with my thread? There is not another ATS thread with the same title, so if it violates some rule at least it's unique.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

OK, yeah, if god couldn't be anything imperfect, then it also can't exist as you see fit.

question, if i try hard enough can i turn into a black hole?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf

OK, yeah, if god couldn't be anything imperfect, then it also can't exist as you see fit.

question, if i try hard enough can i turn into a black hole?

The only thing that has authentic reality is that which is Eternal. Thus, imperfect things are an image of God, not an actual fact. The forms placed upon matter are only real to our senses, and their perpetual change is proof they are not eternal. Only God is Eternal, and thus only God has authentic existence.

second question: if you can't turn into anything else, why/how could you turn into a black hole? Are you assuming you have the power of God and you can turn into a black hole? The closest I've ever come to turning into a black hole is emptying the mind in meditation. Sorry I can't do more for you. It would be cool to become a black hole although I might be labeled an environmental terrorist if that happened.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The only real eternity:
paradox

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
theres no point looking for a god who isnt present, we should look to who we trust most

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf

The only real eternity:
paradox

I disagree. Reality is one, and therefore it can not be a paradox. However, there is a paradox in the duality of life, namely the distinction between body and soul, in that the body and soul are opposites of each other.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatestone
theres no point looking for a god who isnt present, we should look to who we trust most

thanks for the comment but this really isn't a question. If you thought God was present maybe you could trust in him?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by navione
Who is god ? Is the only way to know him thru worship and prayer ? Is organized religion nessasary to form a relationship with god? If you know something is wrong before you do it but do it anyway will god forgive you?

sorry, I must have missed your question.

God is the true nature of all things. The inherent essence of reality.

Through philosophical inquiry and through meditation are two ways of knowing God.

It depends, organized religion can be good for the community, as it is about compassionate giving, but spirituality is more than just doing good deeds, it's about a fundamental understanding of the soul and mind.

There is universal law, called Karma or Providence, which God rewards the good and punishes the bad. How I see it, if you are bad, that is your punishment, your instantaneous punishment. I do not believe that God only punishes after the death of the body, I think all actions are simultaneously judged. The same way that every effect has its cause, God's reward or punishment is instantaneous, like the law of cause and effect.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Whatever, I'll take a bite.

Question 1: Why do you assume there is an Eternal Self?

Question 2: Why do you assume there is a God?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

What can't God remember?
Why can't God remember?
Why does God have a memory?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Can you tell me why His son loves me so much?

It's just that...well, I just came out of a tricky relationship and, while I'm really flattered and everything, I'm just not ready for another big commitment. I hope he understands.

If he just wants to hook up for casual sex or whatever, then maybe we can talk.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join