It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer any question about God or the eternal Self

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
1. Does religion really matter or is love the "true religion"?

2. Who are the Council of Elders?

3. Is God a human or an alien entity?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Why do you allow the largest religion on Earth to be based on the notion that you screwed up when you created humanity, and did such a terrible job of it that you had to become human yourself so that we could beat you within an inch of your life before nailing you to a chunk of wood and hanging you up until you died?

Then, why do you let humans take your corpse - still nailed to that chunk of wood - parade around with it and allow them to beat the snot out of the rest of the world with it as if it were a club?

Don't you have any self respect or is it that you're enjoying all this ugly insanity?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by filosophia
Any question such as why does God not save amputee crack babies, is there anything God can not do, etc I can answer, or

I will answer any question on the Eternal Self, the true goal of yoga.

Questions:

1. Is the Lord God and God the same God?

2. Why did Lord God prefer Ables offering before Cains?

3. Why would Lord God demand sacrifice in blood two times a day to forgive us from our sins, but at the same time demand that all sinners must be destroyed?

4. Why would God make the 10 commandments, And at the same time demand us to kill everyone who worships other Gods then Lord God himself?

5. Does thou shalt not kill commandment come with a exception?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

1. Yes, different titles for the same thing. The only God that matters is the Supreme God. Any type of secondary god is not the Absolute highest. Hence the term 'Lord.'

2. I said that I do not really go into bible questions. The whole cain and able story is a paradox. Cain kills able, and God protects him. Symbolically this might mean that God keeps cain alive so cain can live in torment, or it just means that God likes killers.

3. backwards pagan ritual, nothing more. You can tell this is false and not God's word because it makes no rational sense.

4. again, this refers to biblical nonsense, not the philosophy/theology of God. God ultimately wants us to be like him, God-like.

5. Rationally speaking, animals must kill or be killed, so humans are part animal, so the exception holds. But, humans are also part divine, so they should never sink to enjoying murder for sport.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
reply to post by filosophia

i never asked did god have a cause, and there is no evidence to suggest that the universe has been around forever, from a religious or a scientific point of view, "something happened" to create "this", which contradicts your answer anyway. you said that "god created itself" but you also say that "god/matter has always existed", you cover every possible angle, that doesn't answer my question at all.

If you are so aware of your question why can't you answer it for yourself?

The universe is perpetual, it exists from past, to present, to future.

God is eternal, he exists at all moments. Thus, he is uncaused/has no beginning or end. The universe does.

That is the difference.

Note: you did not repost/clarify your question so how am I supposed to answer it?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

How much would you agree/disagree?

There seems to be a basic misunderstanding that realizing God means that you become God. This is simply not true. Realizing God means eternally surrendering to God, and becoming nothing at all. God is not a thing one becomes, but a living consciousness one surrenders oneself to. That principle is utter unity, oneness, non-separateness, total equality. Thus, the realizer lives as the equal of all, not as someone above and beyond everyone else. This is how Ramana lived, how Papaji, Nisargadatta, Buddha, Jesus, and others like them lived

source

The website has actually influenced how I see things.

P.S this thread does more justice than your "enlightenment" thread, at least for interpretations.

The only way you can become God is to realize that that is your true nature. It is impossible for a finite mortal to become an eternal immortal. Only through the 'grace of God,' that grace is not prayer or service but through philosophy and meditation. The mind becomes like unto God, a unity, a oneness, and that oneness is the goal of meditation. This state of samadhi is what the Buddhas dwell in.

This really didn't reflect on what I quoted. I thought you were going to pose its becoming in relation or non-relation to surrender, or as God being a living consciousness one surrenders to.

You can't give up your self. If you surrender yourself to a living consciousness (God), and you do this the correct way, it must end in a complete surrender, i.e. you are now a mindless slave. You would be giving up your self, in a way this is trying to become non-existent, extinct. To say that what you truly desire is non-being.

The only way it makes sense is if you are that living consciousness. In that sense, it is possible to surrender yourself to this consciousness -MOMENTARILY- in order for you to realize that this living consciousness is your true nature. At that point, you do not surrender yourself to anyone, god or man. Get it?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

1. Depends on your definition of love. Do you mean sexual reproduction/parental guidance or do you mean Cosmic Divine Love? Which would just be God. Religion is something that a large number of people collectively cling to in the hopes of gaining some type of salvation. Once you have this salvation, you do not need to have religion. Does God worship a God? Or does God simply bask in his own salvation?

2. A group of people who set out to capture the revelations of Jesus Christ, but in doing so, their teachings became corrupt through ignorance or intentional malice, by which the entire Christian religion started its slow descent into absurdity.

3. neither. God is a word that refers to the absolute source of all things, so if it is the source of man or alien, it can not be man or alien. (if you think aliens created man, who created aliens? to answer the same question directed at God, he is uncreated, caused himself.)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Why do you allow the largest religion on Earth to be based on the notion that you screwed up when you created humanity, and did such a terrible job of it that you had to become human yourself so that we could beat you within an inch of your life before nailing you to a chunk of wood and hanging you up until you died?

Then, why do you let humans take your corpse - still nailed to that chunk of wood - parade around with it and allow them to beat the snot out of the rest of the world with it as if it were a club?

Don't you have any self respect or is it that you're enjoying all this ugly insanity?

Your confusion lies in the fact that the largest religion on earth does not necessarily mean it is the best.

Did they nail the Buddha to the cross?

Or How about Krishna, he was too busy annihilating the evil demons to get nailed to the cross.

Either way, religion is a metaphor. Jesus died for your sins, to forgive the world for killing a truth seeker. Don't blame God blame man.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
if god is the true nature of things, where did the true nature of things come from?

I'll answer your question again.

You are asking, if the universe is created by God, who created God.

He is uncreated. Not created. Created simply by himself, because he is the universal self of all things. Everything has a self, a characteristic, a quality. He is the self of those things. If you want to put it into scientific terms, God is matter itself, beyond any type of shape or form, but rather it is the fact that matter exists, i.e. reality.

So, I ask you, if all things are made of matter, what made matter?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUltimateEnd

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan
en.wikipedia.org...

Read first please then post.

His second coming has a birth name, what is his second coming birthname? And wasn't directed to you -_-

Look, I'm not exactly sure what baby jesus' birth name is nor if I really care. What does it matter what his birth name is? Do you think it will be like a passport to heaven? True knowledge is gained through reason and logic, not a name acting like a password.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Your confusion lies in the fact that the largest religion on earth does not necessarily mean it is the best.

Or How about Krishna, he was too busy annihilating the evil demons to get nailed to the cross.

Either way, religion is a metaphor. Jesus died for your sins, to forgive the world for killing a truth seeker. Don't blame God blame man.

The question was "Why do you allow that religion to be so prominent?" I have no confusion. Please reread the question and eliminate your own confusion as to what I was asking.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yes I get it, but I think there is just some confusion on the definition of "becoming" - as you say it being your true nature. And the article talking about not becoming something, but basically surrendering to the "nature of things"

As a human, you are no doubt part of the whole. Your presence is how the whole can experience itself as one. Being God, would be realizing that this is true and becoming one as equal and necessary for the whole to be.

I think the article is talking about an "external" God is why. With special powers pulling the strings.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by juveous]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes I get it, but I think there is just some confusion on the definition of "becoming" - as you say it being your true nature. And the article talking about not becoming something, but basically surrendering to the "nature of things"

As a human, you are no doubt part of the whole. Your presence is how the whole can experience itself as one. Being God, would be realizing that this is true and becoming one as equal and necessary for the whole to be.

I think the article is talking about an "external" God is why. With special powers pulling the strings.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by juveous]

The part is dependent on the whole, so it is the presence of the whole that allows for the presence of the part. The whole is the Self. All the parts are the Self's energies. The seen, the heard, the past, the future, these are the parts of the Self. To realize your Self is to realize the key to life.

No external God needed.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The question was "Why do you allow that religion to be so prominent?" I have no confusion. Please reread the question and eliminate your own confusion as to what I was asking.

Thanks.

Look since you are addressing me as Jesus, a first for me, I'll just have to say that humans will always be confused as to what is truly holy. The entire history of religion is about power and control over people's lives. It is up to the individual to break free of this control. Any god-figure that attempts to do this for you is just another ego-leader that could point you in the wrong direction. Never value anything more than your own self. And just for the record, my body is immaterial, so all they are beating is my body, not me.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Thanks.

Look since you are addressing me as Jesus, a first for me, I'll just have to say that humans will always be confused as to what is truly holy. The entire history of religion is about power and control over people's lives. It is up to the individual to break free of this control. Any god-figure that attempts to do this for you is just another ego-leader that could point you in the wrong direction. Never value anything more than your own self. And just for the record, my body is immaterial, so all they are beating is my body, not me.

So then you're good with all this foolishness, then. And the fact that a full 1/3 of the human race thinks that you screwed the pooch when you created mankind. You're good with that too? Okay. Just thought I'd ask.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by navione
Who is god ? Is the only way to know him thru worship and prayer ? Is organized religion nessasary to form a relationship with god? If you know something is wrong before you do it but do it anyway will god forgive you?

If you can answer your own questions knowing in your heart that you are are not lying to yourself then you will know its truth. the answers are within you to answer all your questions if you are truthful to yourself and ask out of love and not hate.

If you have only good intentions then answers are what you will receive. You answer your last question for yourself if you follow your heart.

If God is everything then he already knows every part of you inside and out so doing wrong only hurts yourself. Do not lie to yourself and follow your heart to what is right. You cannot get good from evil, only good makes good. Pure energy is just that "Pure", it lives forever, everyone makes mistakes but as long as you know it was a mistake and don't do it anymore then you are not lying to yourself.

All of Gods creatures learn by mistake its called life. Pray each day and thank God for giving you the chance to prove yourself and to know that we all make mistakes its part of learning, as long as when you see the mistake you learn from the mistake then you are still doing good, it was after all a "mistake".

If you do wrong make sure to let God know that you are sorry for your mistake and that you are truly sorry for God will know you are speaking the truth and forgive you. If you say you are sorry but do not mean it then your lies will be known for what they are lies. How can God forgive if you lie to yourself, for after all lying to yourself is lying to God, is it not?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

1) Why would religion matter?

2) Why do they call themselves the council of elders? Do they claim to know more than others and hold this information back from all? To me "Council of Elders" seems that they are trying to make people follow them in claims that they know something that others do not in which case would seem to me that they do not follow a true path of light. For why make a name for yourself that trys to claim to know more than others. Shouldn't actions speak louder than words?

3) Well if "God" is everything shouldn't you already know the answer?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatestone
theres no point looking for a god who isnt present, we should look to who we trust most

You must look over your whole life from the begining to see God. You must look past lies that you have taken as reality to see God. Your life will not be present with God if you do not realize God is who gave you the air you breath, the water you drink, the food you eat, the earth you live on, and the light that you see. Without these things that God has given us, we would not be here.

So do you still think God is not present? What would life be without God? If you open your eyes you can see what not believing in God is doing to our planet and our lives. If you do not think there is a God then you are not ready to know him. To know him is to be with him, nothing but pure energy of knowledge.

God is the present, the past, and the future, moving in one pure form of energy to combine all 3 into 1. So God lives in the past, future, and present, all at the same time. Therefore, he always has, and always will be, God.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

1. Yes, different titles for the same thing. The only God that matters is the Supreme God. Any type of secondary god is not the Absolute highest. Hence the term 'Lord.'

BULLsh.t here, the name lord, in hebrew ADONAI was used and still is to replace the unpronounceable name of god, the name that ho you should never spell, never pronounce, never make a picture and never make a graven image of. The letters of the Tetragrammaton, YHWH are just a formula that explains all functionality in universe for manifestation of matter and the behavior of all that matter creates.

God as such who created the different layers, the infinite negative matrix and the positive finite matrix that reflects on it. He is "nothing" the absolute and from nothing a being of the material world, the world of Assiah, will never be able to make any description since nothing will never exist for him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. I said that I do not really go into bible questions. The whole cain and able story is a paradox. Cain kills able, and God protects him. Symbolically this might mean that God keeps cain alive so cain can live in torment, or it just means that God likes killers.

CRAP again, the story of Cain and Abel is just a game of circumstances happening in interconnection of your brain (Cain) and your sexual libido that is exhausted. Habel is the hebrew word in the scriptures and that word lean worthless, empty, exhausted. So, when Cain enters in conflict with Habel, the hammer falls and we know that, all of us that after the sexual act, yes, the hammer falls and kills Cain, the sexual libido.

Again here your way of explaining things are based on ignorance, on just what the text you read inspire you. If once you know hebrew and read what the scriptures say you will find out that Adam and Eve are not 2 persons or Humans but just depict or symbolize a penis and a vagina.
Get into the gnosis first and learn what the teachings relate to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. backwards pagan ritual, nothing more. You can tell this is false and not God's word because it makes no rational sense.

his is false because sins are states of mind that you create yourself due to the fact that you know or realize the disaster once you made wrong or bad. The sacrifice it needs is to repair what you destroyed and made wrong, doesn't matter how much and how often and this makes you sweat blood. But this again is a way to symbolize a sate of being, nothing more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. again, this refers to biblical nonsense, not the philosophy/theology of God. God ultimately wants us to be like him, God-like.

You are wrong again, the 10 commandments have been written to explain what the 10 sephirot of Kabbalah relate to and thus they are a demand for correct behavior to the human. The Kabbalah teaches that you are God, you are part of him and as such you are a mirrored, time limited image of him in relation with your temple, the body. So, when he says, you have only one god and thou shall not have any god other then yourself and not knee or bow to stones or painted images. The one to pray to is yourself, the church to go is your body, not a building elsewhere.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Rationally speaking, animals must kill or be killed, so humans are part animal, so the exception holds. But, humans are also part divine, so they should never sink to enjoying murder for sport.

Matter doesn't cares what you do or believe in. It made you to manage it's resources by individual intelligence and to use them to transform to energy. Human's DNA is unique and opposed in rotation to all other beings, so human is a unique godly being.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I continue here because of text limits on post before.

Humans have individual way of thinking and acting and thus they can get out of the limits of the basic program that runs the machine.
When born it is an empty abyss and what it becomes and how it acts is what it get fed with. Human can only live with what he knows and what he knows ha stored it after going to mainly 12 different states of mind and 7 phases of creation.

The first day of creation is generaly the 3 first actions what are, the spark or big bang that comes from only god and the hell knows where from. Then comes the picture you do from what it is going to be and after that comes the beginning the word. That word is what is related to "in the beginning there was the word". This is because the word is the first thing one can perceive, the states of thought one can't see or read, only the one who has them can. That word was an expiration and sounded like this "aaahhhhh" the first letter aleph from the jewish alphabet and this letter means "Air" as a symbol. This first process is the fire, the spark that lights the candle and burns in you. You are fire and flame to do what you think about.

So here is our first day of the genesis finished.

The second day is symbolized by air. This state is structurating. You need to make a blueprint and bring all the parts together. This asks you to fly around and the wind blows you parts out of all directions.

Next 3d day is water, you have all together and put it in the big pots to cook the soup, you assemble it to become one entity like water, it takes form.

Next 4th day the thing is ready to go, it is finished product. It is then a part of the earth.

the 5 th day is the day of adjustment. The thing works or not, needs modification, changes and rectification to be able to run the way it was supposed to.

The 6th day you rest and enjoy the finished product.

The seventh day you turn away from all, you turn your attention to yourself and rest in mind and enter in a state of meditation. Sleep will repair your body.

Now, look at this timing, look how a human being becomes in the state of creation from the sperm to the finished product, compare all you ever want to create and what you have created and you find out that these different states of creation are always the same and then you will understand what the book of creation the Genesis is telling you.

1 day of the idea and the word, I will be
2d day the structure
3d day the formation
4th day the prototype
5th day the finishing
6th day the pleasure and rest from work
7 the day the mental rest of the brain

So, think that what makes a human individual is the fact that he needs to function in the view of creativity a second being he can relate to.

Humans enter, in what ever they do, in relation with something or someone. One man alone will not be creative. He will for sure do things for himself, but on the end he will run out of ideas and find life boring.

His own maintenance, the nature and environment he lives in keeps him running since those are things he enters in a relation with.
Unfortunately that relations get quiet fast altered by diabolic states of influence that comes from other being he relates to.
You can feel agressed by animals and humans, you can feel attracted by them. All is only depicted by the way how you think about what you see.
And such is faith, a value that you enter in your brain and is forged by values and facts you relate to. Truth is what is proven and based on evidence. Pendant states of truth that have to be proven are omnipresent.
Those are normal harmless things. Danger comes out of dogmatic truth, things you believe and which are based on "nothing", no prove, no evidence. One of such dangerous states of behavior are religious beliefs based on contradictory stories of old scriptures and the way they are miss understood and which you fight for and insult and even go as far as kill other human.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
1. Is there such thing as Heaven or Hell? Or are Heaven and Hell human-made concepts?

2. What is the Void?

3. What are ghosts? Do they remain "forever" on Earth?

4. Slightly off topic question but do you believe that aliens/extraterrestrials exist?

5. Are angels a species of aliens?

6. Is Jesus and Buddha part of the Galactic Federation of Light?

Thanks.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by sphinx551]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join