It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 15 years time...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The world is advancing - for better or for worse - at an alarming rate. So much is happening or threatening to happen right at this present moment. It makes me ask the questions of myself: Where is the world heading?; What condition will the earth, and all of its inhabitants be in in 15 years time?

I couldn't come up with an answer, so I ask ATS instead.

I'm not all about doom and gloom and want to hear the most optimistic answers as well, however logic tells me we are not on a good path.

So, ATS, where is the world (and humanity in general) heading and what condition will it all be in in 15 years time?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
my magic eightball says:

● Ask again later

I have my hopes but i am also hedging my bets.

~meathead

Edit to add: my PREDICTION is the mods will be moving this to the appropriate board....

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
15 years ? thats easy.

Playstation 6 is all the rage, the graphics look soooooo real !!

Cell phones can do everything, even used as a projector to play full movies.

Most cars are hybrids, TV is as vulgar as ever with little to no cencorship. The disease of the day will be Obesity and it's complications.

Strides have been made between man and machine, we will begin to see technology which is " thought responsive". With the aide of implants at first, yet later without, with the introduction of the BI. or biological interface.

N.Korea has been liberated, without a single nuke going off, interestingly enough.

Organs can be regrown with the use of stem cells, the X-Ray will give way to a safer more accurate way to see inside the human body. Stitches have been replaced with a type of Gel.

hhhmm what else. ...... well I guess no matter what decade you live in, Ryan Seacrest is still a douche.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have thought about the same thing from time to time. I’m 41 , an Army Vet with a family and I really worry some times about my kids future … right now there are so many things going on in the world..

I’m not sure that we have 15 yrs !!!!
But all I can do is hope that my kids and grandkids have some kind of future....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
As far as technology goes the sky is the limit! I think we'll see some positive advances in medical research.
On the negative side I think the world will be a very hostile place in the future. One thing I know for almost certain is that coalition troops will probably still be in Iraq and Afganistan (lets face it they'll never leave) and would probably have extended their reach to the gaza strip.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

hhhmm what else. ...... well I guess no matter what decade you live in, Ryan Seacrest is still a douche

this made me laugh, thanks for the chuckle.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

LOL I hope you are right.

But do you really think the way we live is sustainable? Do you really think it will just be "business as usual" in 15 years?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hmm

Well, sorry for the pessimism, but -

2011-2013

The tension levy breaks and Israel launches a barrage of nuclear warheads at Iran and Turkey.

AND

Since Iran is expected to have a nuclear bomb in as soon as 19 months, they retaliate. Also, since North Korea and Iran are shaking hands in the shadows, North Korea decides to pick up what is left of Israel with its nuclear arsenal.

Being that Israel is "Little America" big, bad USA steps in with the British and launches a few of their own at Iran and NK. Now this is where China could come in, along with the Russians and well...you see where this is going.

The United States is reduced to rubble and yadda yadda.

2014-2025

Billions die from fallout. Certain animals, plants, and insects go extinct.

...oh and Fox News is the only network left on TV. And because there is nothing new to report because practically everything is dead, they run old episodes of MTV's Jersey Shore....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The way tech &meds advances,we'll live in a world full of wonders.cansers,aids and most other pandemics will be things of the past.Free energy will be availeble to all,quantum computing and nanobod tech will have taken great strides forward.
OR...I will de gaurding my familly in a cave at night,and hunt and tend the fields during the day.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am trusting in the good old swing of the pendulum.

A pendulum can only swing so far and then it swings back.

In other words, I am hoping for a bit more balance in the future.

Unless we have broken the pendulum.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
15 years hmmm. Duke Nukem Forever finally comes out....nah but Diablo 3 has. ATI and NVidia have released new chipsets that rock hard, have little heat (maximum overclocking), and use less power. AMD is back on top of the processor wars. Linux now plays games so you don't have to buy your OS anymore. USB 5.0 for maximum transfer rates. SSD's are widely available and cheap. 16 GB is basic RAM. Consoles are no longer around only the controllers are. Internet is speedier and all media has gone to digital download.

Probably a new breed of corn in there somewhere and a superpill that makes all American's skinny.....also beer fountains everywhere, and pot is legal. Woot!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think it is more likely to go down like this.

Within 2 years the secrets start rolling out of corporations. Whistle-blowers appear in the masses, and corporations become fearful as even once compliant workers are no longer afraid to talk. Government corruption begins being exposed as corporations start failing under public pressure.

Within 4 years, free energy, or next to free energy alternatives come to the market. Corporations begin realizing investing in automation is the most cost effective option, as employees cost too much money with the taxation of government to pay down the national debt.

Within 6 years most businesses are converting their entire plants and manufacturing to automated productions. Masses amounts of people are without work and nobody is able to buy the products being made by the machine.

Within 7 years, a worldwide debt forgiveness is made, and a new monetary system takes shape. All farming is automated, energy free, and housing is simplified using concrete instead of wood. Due to loss of jobs...all it is decreed that all humans have the rights to food, energy, and shelter.

Within 10 years, the world is helping each other with accomplishing the goal of ensuring everyone has the rights to life. Human creativity is in demand now more than ever, as the days of following a procedure inside of corporate and government structures are gone.

Within 15 years, Peace is declared and the world unites in one cause to preserve humanity and live the highest quality of life.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If we make it on this planet for 15 more years, I think by then there will be alien disclosure and interaction with alien civilizations.

If this doesnt happen, which I think is unlikely(I think it will happen by then), then there will still be major advances in technology. Virtual realities with sensory simulation will be possible.

I dont even want to speculate that far ahead, I am not really sure what to think.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
In 2025, little green men that smell like Chucky Cheese Swiss on Rye will be combing the earth with bone detectors. The remains of humanity is reduced to is true value, the highly sought after nutrients in radiated human bones to feed smelly little green men.

Oh! Wrong Forum!

Okay, how about this.

Scenario 1 - Everything that seems evident in today's news :

A. Happens - Isolated tribes of caveman-looking humans cannibalize each other.

B. Doesn't Happen - The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Privacy no longer exists, even in your own shower. One child per couple and only by permits based on race and DNA.

Scenario 2 - Everything the Abrahamic religions expect to happen, happens.

Scenario 3 - The desktop computer and notebook PC are relics of a past age. People use cycle-power for transportation. Homes are unheated and un-air conditioned. People are conditioned to the temperature extremes like before electricity. Food is consumed raw; fruits, nuts, grains and veggies are the only choices. Water is the only beverage.

[edit on 14/6/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

What will be in 15 years?

First there will be the war against Iran. Russia will try to invade Western Europe, at the height of this battle the Nazis will reappear in their Saucers and there will be a cataclysmic event on a global scale which abruptly ends all conflicts. Only a third of the world population will survive.
Than there will be peace, love and harmony.
Free energy, interplanetary/multidimensional travel will be common.
There will be no longer need for entertainment out of a box like TV.
People will see that life on its own is entertaining enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
In 15 years time people on ATS will still be predicting the apocalypse around every corner.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We'll have faster computers; bigger TVs; more paranoids lurking on the internet; We'll have discovered something worse than all the current shock sites combined; there will be a different president; there will not have been a nuclear war, but a country or two may have been effectively wiped off hte map; There will be a genocide in Africa; we'll all be 15 years older; the world population will have exceeded 12 billion and we'll be a little closer to having to tighten our belts here in the U.S.; the gay marriage debate wlil have finally settled down in favor of the liberals, and there will be a new (well, not new, but new to whoever's not involved in it) civil rights issue. We will have discovered yet another form of cancer, a treatment for the current kinds that's much more effective but still horribly ineffective, we'll have solid images of exoplanets which could support life, there will be a new pope, and there will be a new Katrina- or Tsunami- level disaster that everyone is freaking out about.

Overall, not much will have changed.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

In 15 years time?

We will still be cleaning Up oil in the Gulf.

Alien disclosure will still be imminently imminent.

President Obama will be living in Kenya after being tormented by "birthers" who forced him to move away from his actual country of birth, America.

2012 the Movie: A Musical Comedy wins the 2025 Best Musical in the Comedy Category at the Tony's.
Chadwickus wins a Tony for best actor in that musical for his portrayal of Hugh Jackman portraying John Cusack from the 2012 Movie version.

In 15 years time, ipods will be really, really, really uncool. Like, Walkman uncool.

Monsanto will disclose that they made all the crop circles to create an alien scapegoat so as to avoid the blame for high levels of radiation and DNA damage in their genetically modified plants.

We finally land on the Moon again, and discover it is a big natural solid rock satellite that is orbiting the earth.
John Leer resigns form his position as John Leer.
This prompts the cancellation of the Manned Mars Mission, as all those photos of rocks that looked like Alien cities, are finally accepted as just being rocks, and lets face it, who wants to fly in a ship for months just to see rocks.

ATS will be a giant multimedia organization, and the three Amigo's will actually be giving us insider reports from Bilderberg meetings.

I will be married to both the conspiracy chicks ( come on, you gotta have a dream).

So, as you can see, there is a lot to look forward to.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

A star for your sarcasm!
I really laughed out loud while reading.

new topics

top topics

join