It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is America fooled by Sarah Palin???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Things must be getting boring on ATS for some people........

"Hey look a perfect time to TROLL"

this thread is a great example of it..........

Dont feed the trolls..........
I am not "trolling"

I had just read a wall post she made about wanting to drill MORE and it honestly disgusts me that so many people actually agree with her.

she says we depend to much on middle eastern oil.....yet supported both wars so to me this just doesn't make much sense

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hulk Hogan

Just for the record, I asked an intern to go back and double fact-check the twelve documented lies that Sarah Palin has told on the public record. These are not hyperbolic claims or rhetorical excess. They are assertions of fact that are demonstrably untrue and remain uncorrected. Every single one of the lies I documented holds up after several news cycles have had a chance to vet them even further.

I know the MSM demands that we move on from the fact that someone who could be president next January has a list of public lies so extensive and indisputable that the McCain campaign has still not been able to rebut or even address any one of them, while fencing her off from the press and refusing to hold a press conference to clear the air on so many murky questions of fact that get to the core of whether this person is fit to be vice-president or president.

So for the record, let it be known that the candidate for vice-president for the GOP is a compulsive, repetitive, demonstrable liar. If you follow the links, here is the proof. I repeat: proof:

- She has lied about the Bridge To Nowhere. She ran for office favoring it, wore a sweatshirt defending it, and only gave it up when the federal congress, Senator McCain in particular, went ballistic. She kept the money anyway and favors funding Don Young's Way, at twice the cost of the original bridge.

- She has lied about her firing of the town librarian and police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.

- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law.

- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change.

- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.

- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.

- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.

- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.

- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

- She has lied about the use or non-use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.

- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.

- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

You cannot trust a word she says. On anything.

Source: andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com...

Both Democrats and Republicans are simply different sides to the exact same coin. The big question is who is flipping that coin.

Personally I think she is very pretty for her age but dumb as a rock and a heartless %itch.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c2bbcd96863.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
Cause she's hot.

And can I request that we leave the family insults out of this? Her young daughter had a child, big whoop. Such a weak argument when there is no need to look further than the words coming out of her mouth. Just seems petty to me.
It's not really insulting her family or daughter.

It's an irony that she preaches one thing, yet can't control it in her own home.

to me it's a weak argument to say we're insulting her family by pointing out Palins own hypocrisy here.

I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that you don't have kids. You cannot "control" your children, particularly teenagers. All you can do with your children is try to instill good values and hope they follow through. Did you ever do anything that your parents told you not to, or were you the only perfect angel ever to make it out of their teen years?

[edit on 6/13/2010 by bagari]
I understand you can't control kids.

but pretty much telling them they can't do something, is going to get many of them to do it.

teen pregnancy is at an all time high in this country.

maybe we should alter our approach and teach safe methods, and also educate them on what can happen.

to tell them they can't have sex, or to try and scare them, will only cause more rebellion

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I'm not a Palin supporter. I'm just saying that you can't control what your kids do. Honestly, I didn't say a single thing about Palin in my post, so how about using a little restraint and read the words that are written instead of the words you think you see.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Exgov Palin isn't even a person anymore. She is a parody of herself, a corporation, scripted, manufactured, edited and promoted to a particular demographic.

Palin is a commodity, a product to be sold to a conservative audience the same way Hanna Montana was sold to preteen girls. And the people that think she represents them are as big a bunch of chumps as those that idolize any
pop star.

Do you honestly think that a bunch of savvy A&R guys didn't see the potential to make a bundle on a Palin character. It's not politics; it's entertainment. The illusion was so obvious and the feeble minded sucked it up and are still enamored by her BS enough to pay over $100 bucks to hear her speak.

Nothing is like it seems on the surface. Find the right product, market it properly and and the hip promoters cash in and marvel at how easy it is to sell the Americans anything; no matter how bogus.

Hasn't anyone ever read Vance Packard. Actually it doesn't really surprise me that conservatives haven't read Mr. Packard. No sense in trashing a comfortable fantasy.

OK....schools out....now go play

[edit on 13-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Both Democrats and Republicans are simply different sides to the exact same coin. The big question is who is flipping that coin.

Bravo !

and if you made that up off the top of your head, perhaps you should start a journal and carry it with you so that we dont lose any more of those precious gems!

~meathead

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan
she promotes abstinence for schools, instead of real education when she cannot even control her own family.

I dunno, seems like she is right on the ball there. Abstinence only teaching is about NOT informing people of birth control or even demonizing it. Obviously, her daughter learned that lesson quite well.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
I could say the same thing about Obama.
"I have seen some of the issues he is pushing through congress and you would not believe what he intends to do to this country AND PEOPLE STILL SUPPORT HIM?!?!?!"

You could but you have also already said that the oil leak is not that bad, will not hit shore, will not really present any problems, is far less than being reported on ATS, will not be hurting animals in mass numbers, is not ruining the lives of many people in the area...etc. You can say all kinds of things.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
Cause she's hot.

And can I request that we leave the family insults out of this? Her young daughter had a child, big whoop. Such a weak argument when there is no need to look further than the words coming out of her mouth. Just seems petty to me.

Her young daughter is actually quite relevant and you can Blame none other than Sarah Palin for that.

Tell me something, if a politician told you they knew how you should eat because they knew the healthiest way to live and you found out they were dying from malnutrition, would you be real eager to listen to their advice?

Safe sex education is flawed. OK. If she cannot look at her daughter and realize that abstinence only teaching is at least, if not more, flawed then it speaks quite heavily to her ability to perceive reality and think critically.

her family is proof the policy she wants to push on all of us is not any better, just more CHRISTIAN. In fact, studies have shown AO teaching causes a steep rise in STDs and there are plenty to show it causes a rise in unwanted pregnancies.

So either, her daughter is critical evidence that the policy she wants us to adhere to is extremely flawed or evidence that Sarah does not teach at home what she wants your kids to be required to be taught.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Things must be getting boring on ATS for some people........

"Hey look a perfect time to TROLL"

this thread is a great example of it..........

Dont feed the trolls..........

Taking the time and effort to...

post in a thread...

to tell others not to post in that thread.

That kind of thinking is probably why Sarah has followers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join