It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to buy Land? Am currently looking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok,
So I have been saving to buy around 20-30 decent priced acres to set up shop on, thinking Cob Houses, fw acre garden, fruit/nut tree's, bee's, pond, etc.

Now I dont want to be in tornado alley ala Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas.

Want stay away from long harsh winters like what Canada has or northern Minnesota/North Dakota.

And don't want to be anywhere near the desolation that is about to take place along the gulf coasts and the paint job that the hurricane season is about to do to Texas, AL, MS, FL, etc.

That leaves me with West Virginia, Va, Smokies, Oregon, Washington, and that's really about it.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Google Bruner Land Company. They have many different size parcels in Ohio WV Kentucky,Tenn, PA. Reasonable prices and land contracts with 10% down.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think you would like the smokies....mabey find a area that sits at the foothills, will be a bit cheaper. Im in most northeastern corner of Bama at the foothills, its cheep and I love love love it.

Hope you are doing well!!!!!

My best to you always
LV

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i would imagine louisiana will be fairly cheap soon enoughe.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Don't write off Texas. Hurricanes almost never reach Central Texas, let alone West Or North Texas. The Hurricane has to make a bee line for Austin for Austin to get rain from it. I can remember only once or twice in fifty years.
Anywhere along the Gulf Coast is risky now, From Mexico to Florida, inland probably 100 miles or so.
West of Austin is wine country, look up Texas Hill Country Wine Trail, or Fredericksburg, Tx.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
How about Arizona?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Ok,
So I have been saving to buy around 20-30 decent priced acres to set up shop on, thinking Cob Houses, fw acre garden, fruit/nut tree's, bee's, pond, etc.
What do you guys think?

Upwind and upstream from cities...look at weather and hydrology.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Don't forget you have to live somewhere that is greater than 100 miles from the border to avoid living in the constitution free zone.

Constitution free zone interactive map.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

That leaves me with West Virginia, Va, Smokies, Oregon, Washington, and that's really about it.

What do you guys think?

Well, I think it depends on a couple more variables.

How much land costs is one. Assuming you can afford all equally, I would probably lean towards the Virginia's myself. Beautiful land, fertile, plenty of water, and a decent growing season with lots of sun.

The second thing it depends on is what sort of people you enjoy. If it were me, I would take a trip to each coast and see which one feels more like "home" to you. Each area has a slightly different personality, and you should pick one where you feel akin to the people you will be living near. If the SHTF, you will need to be able to get along.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There's nice country parts of Utah that are not too dry, winter ain't so bad like you're thinking maybe...very obscure places to dwell, with clannish squirrelly neighbors

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I second Virginia! I live here and I love it. The climate is good, many of the waterways are still good. The topography has a bit of everything; ocean, chesapeake bay, swamps, flatlands, foothills and mountains.

I'm in the process of relocating to Lynchburg which is nested in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains. Real estate is particularly cheap down in southwestern virginia near the kentucky/tennessee line and there is a great deal of rural areas and national forest.

Our slogan is Virginia is for lovers, Were it up to me I'd change it to Virginia is for Survivalists.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just make sure you have some kind of access to water. Even if its swamp, you can raise and trap crayfish in it.

Originally posted by belidged
Don't forget you have to live somewhere that is greater than 100 miles from the border to avoid living in the constitution free zone.

Constitution free zone interactive map.

Good call

I was just thinking about this earlier today when I haven't in a year or so. When that story broke. Too bad I'm in FL...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Northern New Jersey . You will be near the Coast if you need to Evacuate by Sea , and also be near many Food and Water Sources .

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Get away from the northern hemisphere, this oil ( really poisonous gas leaks ) catastrophe in the gulf is going to turn it into one giant Auschwitz.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You have to take a hard look at what trade off you want to live with.

While I understand you dont want desolation, if this is meant to be a a homestead in the event of societal breakdown its not going to work well if its in a popular area etc.

The flip side is that if its so remote you may not have time to get there in Situation X

[edit on 6/13/10 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

How about the Hight Desert of Los Angeles County? There is land there, relatively inexpensive. But the best part would be the privacy; everyone is so spread out no one knows or cares what you are doing in your own home.

I don't live there. I live in Downtownn LA, but if I was looking for land the High Desert would be the place.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

To be more specific...Bluebell is nice...Manila...depends what you do for a living, though, right now I need a city myself...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yea right now I'm just a little north of the Windy City.

I just got of a 6 month stint where I worked in west Tennessee and while it was super hot, humid, and there were several floods, I gotta say, the majority of these southerners like the following:

Nascar, bonfires, four wheelers, land, and GUNS!!!!! Basically the attitude down there is that you can get their guns over their dead bodies.

THe southern hospitality does exist. They'll feed you and give you a place to stay in a heart beat ...but not all of them are up on what we here at ATS know. I prodded around intellectually subliminally bringing up nwo, illuminati, etc ...but many of them have no idea about it.

There is still a strong anti-black sentiment, still a separatist mentality (I was referred to by Yanky for all 6 months), but some of the folks would give me the last dollar in their pockets and the last shirt off their backs.

I think when the SHTF th rural areas have the best possibility of making through the storm.

As far as what folks I can get along with, I'm very universal. I've been in debates and hung out with college professors, millionaire businessmen, down to construction workers, farmers, skate boarders, breakdancers, etc. WHile these are all different sub-groups ...the underlying factor is having respect for everyone and being careful what you say.

As far as land, I do think being up stream and up wind from major cities is a good idea, as well as being further away from the boarders, having fertile soil (which leaves out the possibility of living in desert areas)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
West Australia is a great place to live in.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am very fond of Virginia. Central VA to be more specific. Find a nice spot tucked into the Blue Ridge Mountains. Check out the areas around Buena Vista, Montebello, Nellsyford. I lived in that region for only a year but loved every minute of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join