It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Smart Grids Be Used For Good or For Evil??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The other night I was listening to Coast To Coast Am June 9th to be exact and I heard Brian Sussman talking about his book Climategate and he was discussing Smart Grids that I have been hearing Obama's Administration talking so much about. Before I heard this interview I liked the idea of smart grids and was even looking into stocks for them. Hey if they are to do good and be country wide, might as well see if I can make some money off of them right?! Well, after hearing this interview Im seeing that they can be used for control. I dont know if I like this idea anymore. Brian Sussman has been reading bills on Energy Efficency since 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 and is very well educated on the topic of smart grids. He mentions earlier in the interview that he reads these bills because nobody in congress does and he likes to know whats really going on and it is public knowledge ....so here is the link to the interview. Hope you enjoy. Smart Grids

Tell me what you think...pretty scary stuff huh?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
One caller later on in the show brought up a super bowl commerical where a scarecrow was walking on power lines and the commercial was promoting the smart grid and at the end of the commercial the scare crow said "Hmmm If I only had a brain." Emplying that the smart grid was such a good idea that anyone who doesnt believe so doesnt have a brain. Brian Sussman said it was just another way to brain wash the american people into believing that it will be for the good of the country and the energy crisis, when in reality there is a more sinister agenda. Energy efficiency is the use of efficiently using energy, its leveling out the use. The interview was really intresting it opened my eyes to a whole new understanding.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Not real thrilled about smart grid tech. It is a dangerous slippery slope to give a corporation control over your electricity usage. I can see monthly limits on usage coming down the road. What does that mean? It means if you use more than your allotted amount they will start rationing your electricity.

en.wikipedia.org...

A smart grid delivers electricity from suppliers to consumers using two-way digital technology to control appliances at consumers' homes to save energy, reduce cost and increase reliability and transparencycontrol appliances at consumers' homes

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
it will be bad.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Its just really scary what technology can do in the wrong hands, or should I say in greedy hands!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Check out this thread.

The only thing to worry about is the loss of jobs and the lie that it has anything to do with green energy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I listened to that show. I liked how it was not "hardened" against emp's. Or that they could control individual residences appliances. Yea like I want the power companies having that tighter of a grip on my life.

top topics

join