It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must See!! Videos Of Oil Leaking Thru Cracks In The Sea Floor!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
reply to post by Marrr

The only reason I'm showing my anger at those in the UK is because of their attitude that we, Americans in general, are giving BP the short stick. They're even asking their Government officials to CONDEMN Obama for his newly found hard stance against BP.

It angers me to no end, that it does.

You do realise that if BP goes down so does half of the USA's petroleum market and many many other American businesses which are owned by BP. Not forgetting the FACT this incident was caused by American national workers on an American oil rig run by Americans owned by BP...American negligence again....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by grom0007
According to the Veritas Show they are now spraying Dispersant (Corexit) by air over populated areas and shorelines in the middle of the night...

veritasshow.blogspot.com...

Dispersant should stop ... like yesterday!

A fisherman helping in clean up was on his boat over night and reported that in the morning he could not move, his body was not able to respond to his mind.

Later he became better and went for medical help. He was helping in the spill ... the article may be linked here, I read it some time back.

The dispersant is really evil capitalism ... -- made (by BP) from the by products of oil refining, and are really just a way to get rid of waste, and call it fixing ... it is so very, very bad!!

But they make it, they own it, and they are unloading it ... on the World, --- because it evaporates to the atmosphere, combines with clouds (per the Russians) and then rains down where ever the wind takes it. This should get them fined by the UN -- if not halted by Obama ... they are talking burn off, too .. and he better stop that talk right away!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seanbomber
At this point, all I can really see them doing at this point is nuking it shut. And I have doubts that that would even work. Where are all the engineers? All the engineers who could make the impossible possible, get a man to the moon, etc. I feel as if we are completely wasting the minds of America right now.

The nuke option is not available ... too many *BAD IF-S*

1. There are maybe 2,000.000 barrels in this pocket.
2. It has too much methane; heat + methane = unknowns underwater, under land no issue, under the sea .. it is a plasma .. not a solid!
3. It may be on a fault line
4. There may be volcanic activity involved
5. The PSI at the well head may exceed 70,000 PSI .. or more .. some put it at over 100,000 PSI ... impossible to go down through -- possibly impossible to contain! (So pray it is not so for the secondary wells).
6. For the hope of the secondary wells and the hope of maintaining the integrity of the oil dome, they are letting it flow, and capturing as much as possible.
7. The geology of this region is tied to the US behind the Appalachian Mountains all the way to Canada!!
The repercussions might ripple, or the ripples might re-percuss ... whatever goes on under linked soils at depth.

8. Oil eating microbes can be loosed at any time ... and should be ASAP!! It takes 300 gallons of water to wash a pelican free of oil.

There are more I don't recall ... it is late. But here the proven fix is likely not a best choice. Seat of the pants corrections .. heaven help us all.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Interesting. So they DID weaken the sea-floor. And there are cracks with oil leaking through them. This situation just got a whole lot worse. Now, where are the HD videos BP should be releasing to us?

Special Note To ATS Brits Complaining About Obama And How 'Unfairly' We Are Treating BP:

I don't care what you Brits think of America, or of our elected President. He doesn't represent you. He represents us. Our President needs to consider the needs of his people, namely US, over the needs of the people of a foreign country.

Our needs come first! It's our shores being destroyed, our fishing industry being ruined, our economy which will feel the blunt of this disaster. BP is a corrupt company trying to short-change us and we, the American people, will not allow it. They block our media, and are not being transparent with quite possibly the biggest disaster this country has ever faced.

If it bankrupts BP and causes you Brits to suffer some financial pain, lost pensions, or total economic collapse, then so be it. Frankly, it is NOT our immediate concern and the majority of us don't really give a damn.

Once we settle this whole BP issue, we'll do what we can to help you. Until then, push off. Have some biscuits and tea.

You want to burn our flags? Say hateful things about us during demonstrations? More power to you. We'll burn yours in return. We'll show you the true meaning of hate. Straight up, what you Brits think of us, our country, or our President means nothing to us.

/end rant over recent reports of Brits being mad at how 'unfairly' BP is being treated by us.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by The Theorist]

Im sorry but wow.
you HONESTLY think your president gives a crap about YOU or your oceans? No.
BP have AMERICAN representatives too, instead of pointing the damn blame like a damn 'American' Share it and get off your ass too, and do something about it, because sitting here and telling me that i basically suck as a citizen of britian, if i could go over there and do something about it, I WOULD, but i can't. I feel extremley offended by your post and never have i once blamed the USA or Britian for this mess, its a DISASTER, these things happen, and i don't care if BP is corrupt or not, i dont know, Lets see how long you last without your precious oil yourself, so stop complaining, that was just basically an anti-British rant and has stopped me from enjoying my day.

''Have some biscuits and tea.'' was there any REAL need for that? I may not be as intelligant as you or have such a wide vocabulary, But i think i got the point across, I hope i never come across you in person.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by xBlackrosex]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Someone commented on YouTube that it is dust kickups from the thrusters.

We all know how water is clear at the bottom of the sea or ocean until you disturb the bottom if there is mud. These ROVs weigh a lot, and in order to propel themselves up and then forward, they must generate strong water currents, which then disturb the bottom.

If you don't believe that, then think about this:

If there were oil coming through the cracks, it would be visible before the ROV approaches due to the tremendous pressure. The ROV approaches, and then we see the cloud of "something." It can't be oil because oil would be gushing out regardless of the position of the ROV. We would see it long before the ROV moved forward. And, if it were oil gushing out, it would surely be under so much pressure as to even flip that ROV over as it passed over it.

I hate to be the one go against everyone here, but from what I've seen, that certainly can't be oil. The commenter on YouTube makes a great point that it is likely dust cause by the ROV propulsion fans that generate currents to move the ROV. It makes sense that it is a muddy cloud, and it doesn't make sense that this is oil.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
After watchin and reading about the BP oilspill, I can only say:
Humanity screwed up, badly.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I really hope Edgar Cayce was wrong when he predicted the inland flooding of north america. Maybe the crisis in the GOM is the precursor? I pray for you America and for the repercussions on the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Listen up People of the UK and America!

Don't start fighting each other over this, yes there has been an exchange of words and opinions on the ever trustworthy Media, but the opinions and comments of a few doesn't represent the thoughts and feelings of the many.

Obama has come across harsh, he has to.
He can't afford not to as to loose face with the American public as did his predecessor during Katrina.

Honestly, this is not just Americans or the UKs problem, we all use the Oil, regardless were it comes from, Disasters like this require a Global effort to fix it, finger pointing may have worked for the dutchies plugging the Dyke but it ain't gonna fix this one, so spend that energy on something more constructive.

If you see any negative press regarding opinions of Americans or the English, just tell yourselfs it's the PTB little gameplay to divide two great Countries.

Remember...... together we stand, divided we fall

Peace to all

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

You go get um, Kick some ass like we did some 200 years ago
see it they like us then
thanks again
beca

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why SHOULD the UK like US?? We only saved them from the tyranny of Fascism & Communism, a few times, in the last century.
Fact: All countries, fear and dislike ALL others. THAT is, unfortunately, human nature. It sucks. Deal with it.
Yes- BP SHOULD be responsibele for damage- but, the sad fact is, the damage has now become so VAST, there is NO WAY, for anyone to "compensate" all who are/will be damaged. WE ARE ALL SCREWED. We SHOULD be used to it, by now. FRACK, we shold all carry a quart (liter) jar of Vaseline, we're getting fracked so often!
Fact: "our president"- turned-down, MUCH NEEDED help, from several oil companies, on site in the Gulf Region, within TWO DAYS of the "accident". So- HE is also to blame.
Fact-: Dumping in millions of gallons of "dispersants" (HIGHLY toxic chemicals), to HIDE the extent of the damage, will only kill UCH more sea life, and probably end-up making a plurality of ALL of the earth's seafood dangerous to consume. (I wonder if WE will be warned??)
Fact: We SHOULD stop pointing fingers, and yelling at each other- and TRY, VERY HARD, to see if there is ANY way, to mitigate this damage!!
OK, I've said enough, fer now. Sorry. Just needed to vent, I guess.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My apologies, for the dropped-letters, and any mispellings. This "waterproof" General Goddamics keyboard, require more force, than an old, unlubricated, manual typewriter!! Then again- how many out there, are old enough to remember THAT?? LOLPIP!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Can Both the idiots from the UK/US take a step back and shut up the f**k up please, your just making it worst TBH...

Since when did throwing fuel on a fire help matters?

Both need to be working together on this issue/disaster to resolve it ASAP as we have done on many other issues for many years.
BP have been raping the worlds Oil reserves for a very long time now, and the same goes for the US government and its Oil company's who have pretty much been going round the world hand in hand raping every country with Oil reserves and other forms of resources, i'm pretty sure they can foot the bill, both are responsible theres no point trying to put a percentage on who is more so to blame, it will lead us nowhere other than being a little less in the pockets and 1 good friend short.

Get you heads out your asses, Adapt & Overcome

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the info all I will be reviewing it throughly and digesting

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

Sources please. I have seen none of this and Brits do not go in for flag burning.

Don't forget that it was American companies that supplied and carried out the defective blowout preventer as well.

Your rant is unfounded unless you can provide links to back up your claims.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The Video In Slow Motion

Some people say they see nothing leaking and others say it is not coming from the cracks... that this is an illusion caused by silt being kicked up by ROV the ROV thrusters.

So here are two clips from the video slowed down.

Almost Frame By Frame of the video at 0:26

Second by second loop of the first few seconds

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

Thank you Alex. It certainly looks like something coming out of the sea floor.
And I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting the videos on your blog. When I searched for video of oil leaking from the sea floor your blog was the only thing that came up. Good job and much appreciated.

Everyone say.... Thank you Alex.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toolateforheroes
I really hope Edgar Cayce was wrong when he predicted the inland flooding of north america. Maybe the crisis in the GOM is the precursor? I pray for you America and for the repercussions on the rest of the world.

If Antarctica melts (from green house gas methane) -- the seas will rise 300 feet .. yes much of the Mississippi river system will become an American Fjord.

They could fill up death valley and the red sea area, and some of Africa, but the horn is already falling into the ocean.

If the ice melts, you better be off the coastline!! AND the ice, my friend, is melting .. faster than anyone thought possible .. check it out!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Of course, many people may not make the connection that there may be FAR more frightening and deadly things way down there mixed with the oil and gas than just the oil and gas (which is deadly enough!).

Remember where we are talking about when we talk about the GoM.

The whole GoM area, approximately 60-65 million years ago, took a huge asteroid impact, which formed the circular shape of the area.

The ridges of the ancient impact, which is now buried under miles of rock and sediment, has been surveyed and mapped using radar and clearly shows the classic concentric ring structure of an impact crater.

This particular impact is thought to be the one that took out most of the life on our planet, including the dinosaurs 60-65 million years ago.

Perhaps that is why the area is so rich in oil and hydrocarbons.

What's the added danger?

Organisms. Specifically possible extremophile organisms that were around at the time of impact, and also any that were hitching a lift on and inside the asteroid which hit itself.

If there are any 60 odd million year old organisms coming to the surface from 6 miles down, we would probably stand no chance of being resistant to them...nor many of the worlds animal species.

If the are virus and / or bacteria of ET origin, the chances of having a resistance is even worse.

Would they tell us the truth of this, if it were so? Well, normally i'd say 'don't hold your breath', but on this occasion, holding your breath might just be your best option.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Are you talking about Chixilub or another crater?
Chixilub

Bacteria are ancient, and survive space with relative ease, so what you postulate could be possible. However they are the highest entropy group on the planet, and in sea water have so many viral assassins after them ... that they have trouble keeping their own DNA in tact!!

The Red Tide, it is a HUGE problem. I don't think they thought to attacked the RED TIDE with Corexit however ... that is like using a hurricane to trim your trees, or a tornado to weed your field of pest plants ... damages more than it fixes. A sledge hammer in a china factory. .... so no, I don't think the OIL MEN (read ... these are rough and rotten minded guys) had anything before their eyes but dollar signs.

However something else is clearly going on ... we just don't have their perspective yet! Blackwater was onboard, immediately before the explosion. There were so many odd and unrecognized people there the crew were mystified, but they were bullied into signing papers, and are now all taking the 5th.

Sounds like the Taliban to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Interesting. So they DID weaken the sea-floor. And there are cracks with oil leaking through them. This situation just got a whole lot worse. Now, where are the HD videos BP should be releasing to us?

Special Note To ATS Brits Complaining About Obama And How 'Unfairly' We Are Treating BP:

I don't care what you Brits think of America, or of our elected President. He doesn't represent you. He represents us. Our President needs to consider the needs of his people, namely US, over the needs of the people of a foreign country.

Our needs come first! It's our shores being destroyed, our fishing industry being ruined, our economy which will feel the blunt of this disaster. BP is a corrupt company trying to short-change us and we, the American people, will not allow it. They block our media, and are not being transparent with quite possibly the biggest disaster this country has ever faced.

If it bankrupts BP and causes you Brits to suffer some financial pain, lost pensions, or total economic collapse, then so be it. Frankly, it is NOT our immediate concern and the majority of us don't really give a damn.

Once we settle this whole BP issue, we'll do what we can to help you. Until then, push off. Have some biscuits and tea.

You want to burn our flags? Say hateful things about us during demonstrations? More power to you. We'll burn yours in return. We'll show you the true meaning of hate. Straight up, what you Brits think of us, our country, or our President means nothing to us.

/end rant over recent reports of Brits being mad at how 'unfairly' BP is being treated by us.

Calm down guy

No need to stress or bring stereotypes into the equation. What your saying doesn't apply to all us brits so chill your beans

Plus the tea and biscuits gag is getting kinda old, heard it a million times online and have only had tea and biscuits a few times in my life. I've had crumpets a couple of times, got good teeth, don't speak posh or "Faggy" (As with 99.9% of the rest of my country)

Calm da hype! No need for old wars to be brought to a tolerant place like ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join