It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must See!! Videos Of Oil Leaking Thru Cracks In The Sea Floor!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

The Gulf of Mexico is the world's gulf of Mexico. There is no other. It is one of the most prolific areas of fish and sea life production in the world. This affects all of us.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
ATS colleagues...

I have spent some time lately on the BP website.

I think if more members mined their site for real info, we could learn a lot of things.

E.g., Kent Wells update

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I know I'm gonna get flamed by this but to me that video shows pockets of gas or trapped air bubbling to the surface. I don't see oil leaking through cracks in the sea floor. Might just be crappy video quality or my crappy eyes but I was expecting to see volumes of oil seeping out. It seems to me I've seen similar videos in the past on dive videos that had the same thing occuring in other parts of the world. Just wanted to give my NONEXPERT opinion, just seems like a stretch is all. And the things floating in and out of the video is stuff thats getting kicked up by the rovers propellers, which may in fact be the cause of the anomolies on the sea floor too. While I do fully believe that they opened a pandoras box down there and might have caused cracking to the sea floor I don't believe this video supports those claims clear enough. Point me to frame times maybe I missed them.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
Interesting. So they DID weaken the sea-floor. And there are cracks with oil leaking through them. This situation just got a whole lot worse. Now, where are the HD videos BP should be releasing to us?

Special Note To ATS Brits Complaining About Obama And How 'Unfairly' We Are Treating BP:

I don't care what you Brits think of America, or of our elected President. He doesn't represent you. He represents us. Our President needs to consider the needs of his people, namely US, over the needs of the people of a foreign country.

Our needs come first! It's our shores being destroyed, our fishing industry being ruined, our economy which will feel the blunt of this disaster. BP is a corrupt company trying to short-change us and we, the American people, will not allow it. They block our media, and are not being transparent with quite possibly the biggest disaster this country has ever faced.

If it bankrupts BP and causes you Brits to suffer some financial pain, lost pensions, or total economic collapse, then so be it. Frankly, it is NOT our immediate concern and the majority of us don't really give a damn.

Once we settle this whole BP issue, we'll do what we can to help you. Until then, push off. Have some biscuits and tea.

You want to burn our flags? Say hateful things about us during demonstrations? More power to you. We'll burn yours in return. We'll show you the true meaning of hate. Straight up, what you Brits think of us, our country, or our President means nothing to us.

/end rant over recent reports of Brits being mad at how 'unfairly' BP is being treated by us.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by The Theorist]

Wow, so hateful!!!!

Im English, and i dont give a crap about being English. I dont have that primitive way of thinking thank God!!

What concerns me about this is what it will do to the planet, and how we will all suffer as a race, not a bloody nation!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
Interesting. So they DID weaken the sea-floor. And there are cracks with oil leaking through them. This situation just got a whole lot worse. Now, where are the HD videos BP should be releasing to us?

Special Note To ATS Brits Complaining About Obama And How 'Unfairly' We Are Treating BP:

I don't care what you Brits think of America, or of our elected President. He doesn't represent you. He represents us. Our President needs to consider the needs of his people, namely US, over the needs of the people of a foreign country.

Our needs come first! It's our shores being destroyed, our fishing industry being ruined, our economy which will feel the blunt of this disaster. BP is a corrupt company trying to short-change us and we, the American people, will not allow it. They block our media, and are not being transparent with quite possibly the biggest disaster this country has ever faced.

If it bankrupts BP and causes you Brits to suffer some financial pain, lost pensions, or total economic collapse, then so be it. Frankly, it is NOT our immediate concern and the majority of us don't really give a damn.

Once we settle this whole BP issue, we'll do what we can to help you. Until then, push off. Have some biscuits and tea.

You want to burn our flags? Say hateful things about us during demonstrations? More power to you. We'll burn yours in return. We'll show you the true meaning of hate. Straight up, what you Brits think of us, our country, or our President means nothing to us.

/end rant over recent reports of Brits being mad at how 'unfairly' BP is being treated by us.

I just want to add that I feel yours as well as everyone else's frustration over this devastating disaster but I ENCOURAGE BOTH SIDES to do more research into this and EVERYTHING TIED TO IT before fueling international divide/anger because this is NOT about the British people anymore than it is about the American people...PLEASE REALIZE THAT!!

And before ANYONE questions my patriotism, I will happily provide proof of my 20+ year military service along with documentation of injuries sustained in Afghanistan as a result of my once believed protection of our country and it's vested interests (which at the time I believed was against those who wished us and the world harm).

I want to point out your comment: "our elected President. He doesn't represent you. He represents us"

And if you haven't realized that he doesn't give a rats ass about representing us, then I suggest you again...do more research.

And "If it bankrupts BP and causes you Brits to suffer some financial pain, lost pensions, or total economic collapse, then so be it. Frankly, it is NOT our immediate concern and the majority of us don't really give a damn."

I AGAIN suggest you look into BP and WHO REALLY WOULD BE HURT by their bankruptcy. I will look for stats but literally 2 days ago on Truth Radio (I believe it was the John Justice show) they broke down BP by the numbers and let me tell you...48% of that company is American owned with another large percentage of that company funding American retirement pensions etc...

There ARE NO MORE SOVEREIGNTY OWNED CORPORATIONS hardly anymore man...when the bottom line is profits and greed do you think those corporations GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT BORDERS AND NATIONALISM?!?

THIS IS A TIME WHERE WE...THE PEOPLE FROM BOTH COUNTRIES STAND TOGETHER AGAINST THIS EVIL THAT IS AFFECTING US BOTH!! To our British brothers and sisters...please pay no attention from posts such as this as it is nothing more than ignorance due to the various levels of awakening that each person may be in in their quest for the truth..and the same thing goes for us seeing similar posts against America. Please deny the ignorance people it is time to step the game up as time is running short it appears. Thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Very well said and refreshing to read a post that talks sense and delivers sensible contribution over an emotional one.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
wow,i love this oil thing thats going on,bring it on, lets have black oceans,i feel we are really in exciting times,there is NOTHING we can do,sit back and enjoy the ride,coz it sounds like it might be a real rough ride for all of us........RELAX GUYS...whats the worst that can happen........mwwwhhhaaaaaa.........

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I have heard this theory thrown around the past week. Would you mind supplying some references to backup these claims? Thanks a bunch!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
buggers....

[edit on 13-6-2010 by TheJuice902]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
this whole situation is starting to get past the point of fury and into the realms of numb. we sit back as the news covers #ty junkie celebrities and sports replays. i hope more than anything that people wake up...the greed just wont end

[edit on 13-6-2010 by TheJuice902]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
I know I'm gonna get flamed by this but to me that video shows pockets of gas or trapped air bubbling to the surface. I don't see oil leaking through cracks in the sea floor. Might just be crappy video quality or my crappy eyes but I was expecting to see volumes of oil seeping out. It seems to me I've seen similar videos in the past on dive videos that had the same thing occuring in other parts of the world. Just wanted to give my NONEXPERT opinion, just seems like a stretch is all. And the things floating in and out of the video is stuff thats getting kicked up by the rovers propellers, which may in fact be the cause of the anomolies on the sea floor too. While I do fully believe that they opened a pandoras box down there and might have caused cracking to the sea floor I don't believe this video supports those claims clear enough. Point me to frame times maybe I missed them.

Are you watching the correct video? There is a second video show gas bubbles leaking. The leak is definitely coming out of the cracks.

It is evident immediately with small amounts coming out and you see a very large amount come out around 25-30 seconds in.

You can see one such progression of screen shots on the original post.

Also around 2:45 you can see globs of oil float across the screen showing it is clearly oil and not mud.

Also the YouTube video has a tendency to skip frames so right after you see the big explosion rewind it to right before and play again and you should see the progression clearly

Watch the first video on this page...
http://(nolink)/2010/06/13/bp-gulf-oil-spill-seafloor-oil-gas-leak-videos-photos/

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's my understanding that oil has been NATURALLY seeping out of the sea floor for ages. People have been getting tar balls washed up onto the beaches for years before this all started. Obviously there's a lot more now due to the man made leak.
If oil is leaking out of the earth naturally, then the solution is to drill, drill and drill to relieve the pressure or at least replace the oil with seawater.
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
All it is gonna take now is one small quake, or perhaps just one hard storm..

yes.
BUT
that could also be the fix, too!

especially if we pray for help.
i'd rather have Nature do it than humans do it with nukes.

i think that would be the proverbial final blow, if you dig.
our Mother knows best what is best for our planet...i think she's the only one who can fix it right and give us our lives back.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732
The British are not our enemies they are our allies and this surely is not there fault.

We need to stop projecting here.

If we are going to play the blame game it needs to be distributed to ALL who are DESERVING.

well, then, since that includes all of us...why don't we just skip that non-productive negativity and get on to what really matters:

WHAT TO DO

what's done is done.
that's a fact that we cannot change.
blame and strife and quarreling will not change it one iota.
ever.

and if we have killed ourselves off with this fiasco, what the hell does it matter, anyway, who's at fault and blah blah blah yada yada yada?

we either all lose, divided, or we win, together

UNITED we stand!

we got out of WWII alive, putting an end to the war, by working together!!!!
we can surely get out of this one, too, together, as allies! always!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

I saw an alien at 1:11 ! aaaaahhhhhh

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
Thank you for posting that.
We've all been hearing how the flow was sandblasting the steel bop. Seems now it's been sandblasting sand this whole time too.
Time to focus on the relief drills as an only hope. But then again, where are the casing breaches at? The whole damn line could be ruptured. I can only go on a worst case scenario here, since that's been the prevailing track record with this whole clustercoitus so far.
No pun intended here whatsoever, but bp, it's time to come clean
already. Damnit.

The first 10 seconds show oil coming from the floor of the ocean, and since it's not at the bottom of the BOP the oil must have eaten away channels to the side and on to the surface of the ocean floor. I'm surprised they showed this, I'm truly am. Because essentially the only thing that may work is the relief wells. But that might not even work because how deep is the breach, is it more than one and if so are they along the whole length of the pipe hole. If so then even having a relief well at the very bottom of the well won't help. This thing has been blowing out at a pressure that is more than enough to push out a mile of water and then some. And this has been going on for more than 52 days, that well is destroyed and I think they know it. The only possible solution is to let it keep spilling out until the pressure is reversed or equalized. The problem is that this may be leaking for years.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
For some reason the page of the video is not showing on my computer. Is anyone else having problems with it? Or is it just me?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
For some reason the page of the video is not showing on my computer. Is anyone else having problems with it? Or is it just me?

My Apologies. You must realize what it could mean that this video confirms.

As a result it has caused an enormous amount of traffic that my router, not my server, can not handle.

Over 60,000 simultaneous connections at once is to much for a single router to handle.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

ithink they just seen your post and said fine Eye for Eye then and go have a Hamburger with some Fries and a High fructose Corn syrup vanilla shake... Maybe the whole world should feel the same as you('
')... all i know most people even in America don't give a Dam and don't even think it's that big of a deal... so why do you?... but please don't coagulate me in with your peace speech... but I still see people in love with there P-Diddy cars... he doesn't give a Diddy wink about your oil leak and he can travel the world and live anywhere... so let America be the Lamb for the rest of the world to go-on in the American Dream in China... right?

Anger and shell-fish-ness is the way to be... I agree('
')

May Money be with us all... and send peace to Hell... Mine... Mine... Mine

X-(-)('
')

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
At 2:06 I swear there is a mechanical device zooming by. Look at left screen. Scroll back and forth. Later in the video there appears to be other stuff flying around but nothing like at 2:06. Just thought I would point it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join