It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason they aren't stopping the leak. Damage below the sea floor.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

WHEN, NOT IF the well collapses, we then have a 30 foot, yes 30 feet!!!! of gaping spewing hole.

You know, I was just thinking about that earlier today. If they lose that BOP because of the extreme pressure of the leak, and it ablates the material surrounding the well down to about 1000 ft, what you get is like the sinkhole in Central America, but with the small difference of 40,000 bbls of heavy crude.

And no way to stop it or plug it.

I really hope the relief wells they are drilling work, got my toes crossed!

And to those calling for BP be replaced on this endeavor, REPLACED BY WHOM? the Army Corps of Engineers?

Another corrupt and inept oil company?

I think at this point, this is the hand we have been dealt. They have the equipment and knowhow, no one in the Govt has this capability.

What we need is ACCOUNTABILITY.

EVERYONE of British descent should be immediately incarcerated and their assets seized!!!

Ha, just kidding, tryin to instigate the Brits who think Americans are blaming them.
BP stood for British Petroleum, not British People.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I hope this idea isn't too far off topic but I think a VERY SMALL nuke might help in this situation. The US has nuclear weapons that have a variable yield that can be set as low as 2 or 3 Kilotons. I can't imagine that an explosion of that size could shatter 10,000 feet of rock and rupture the sea floor. But even that comparatively small nuclear explosion would still create extreme temperatures in the immediate blast zone. Maybe the heat from the blast would be enough to fuse an area of the seafloor into a solid mass and stop the leaks.

Given the hundreds of underground nuclear tests the US has conducted I'm sure that there is classified information somewhere that could be used to calculate what size of blast would be required to fuse the seafloor without rupturing it. Of course, the whole idea of using a nuclear weapon - even for a good reason - is so politically volatile that I don't know if ANY politician would have the courage to actually do it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
BP needs to concede to some other entity!

I think so too.

There should be an international meeting where independant experts can meet and throw in their ideas, Iranians included. Get as many heads brainstorming as possible.

Then find the most favourable option and try it. Send BP the bill.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Day by day this disaster seems to be getting worse. Day by day I wonder if it was all planned, to further someones agenda.

Crazy? Possibly. But probably not.

If there were ever a time for the Galactic Federation of Light to roll up in there space ships, now would be the time. Hopefully they bring Jesus and the Flying Spaghetti monster with them; we'll need something to worship when our planet goes to hell in a Chinese hand basket.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have been following this closely from the beginning, and it is horrible and tragic. Still though, I have not read anything which causes me to believe that a relief well deep enough below these problems won't kill the well. That's also what Bill Nelson is saying. However, its going to take a long time to get this accomplished, and meanwhile the water and air are getting destroyed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Asking someone a question and having them answer it, doesn't mean they think it will happen. These people are asked LEADING questions in a attempt to gain more viewers. The world won't end because of this, hell give it two years and no one will even remember this. Far too much fear mongering is going on over this topic. You people need to go out and get some sunshine once and awhile.

No matter how badly you want to see the world end(don't lie you wouldn't be so obsessed with screaming the end is near unless you were) it WON'T happen anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think it is time to go to Gas Station
Enter Credit Card in Pump
Insert Nozzle up Our @** and
Kiss Our @** Goodbye!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wasn't there a time traveler that supposedly predicted an oil spill where the reservoir completely emptied into the oceans, killing off a huge portion of the world's oceans. And in the future humans live in these sanitized environments due to the fumes/chemicals that waft off the waters, etc.

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I been having a good think about this.. the only reliable way is to compress the the rock around the well with explosives, to crush the fissures and pipe that the oil is escaping through.... we have 30,000ft or 10km of rock to play with before the oil deposit. A nuclear device will create an air bubble that will cause a tsunami, but a tsunami is better than no seafood for 30 years!

However a scalar device would be much better

Who says it'll create an air bubble and a tsunami? The force from a nuke isn't even enough to create a tsunami even if it was detonated in water.

But the nuke option does seem like the only real option left. I don't see why this isn't being discussed at a higher level. Seems like Obama has written it off. A nuke would have hardly any negative impact and compare that to oil possibly spilling for months and into next year...a nuke is something to consider. Plus the longer this continues the more difficult it would be for the nuke to work if the integrity of the ocean floor is getting worse by the day.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The world won't end because of this, hell give it two years and no one will even remember this.

Time to get your head out of the ground and your blinders off!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would like to think there is a
Grand Jury Of Dolphins
That Just signed a True Bill that Humans
Have Violated Natures Laws and demands that
Warrants for Death to all Humans
are issued Immediately!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
IMO, at this time, it doesn't matter who is to blame or who should pay what.
At this time, it should be all about the experts of the world gathering together and agreeing on what the best things are to do in order to take care of this. It is already a catastrophe and only going to become worse.
This should be about grouping together and having a meeting of the minds and going forward from there.

Later when we have things under control and when it is safe for all, then we can do the blame game.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hey ATS!!!! Love y'all, love the site! Long time reader, first EVER post. Lot's to share. Just wanted to point out that he didn't say "town" security, he said "talon security". At least that's what I heard. So I googled talon security. This is what I found. www.talonexec.com... Check it out.
Anyway, glad to be a part of ATS. Lot's to share.
One Love!!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Wasn't there a time traveler that supposedly predicted an oil spill where the reservoir completely emptied into the oceans, killing off a huge portion of the world's oceans. And in the future humans live in these sanitized environments due to the fumes/chemicals that waft off the waters, etc.

Very interesting indeed.

Oh my , I do think John Titor did say that yes !
(looking for a link now)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Oh those precious dolphins.

DLay2012
Interesting..... thank you for posting this, I will finish reading this......

[edit on 12-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup

The world won't end because of this, hell give it two years and no one will even remember this.

Time to get your head out of the ground and your blinders off!

Yeah you sound like a sane and rational person. Strap back on that tin foil hat and keep those comments to those who aren't a paranoid schizophrenic like your self. Thanks tho pal, back to more of your doom and gloom?

This is the same person who thought the world would end in 2000 and the same person who thinks the world will end in 2012. Do you people not grasp how insane you appear to be?

The world isn't ending anytime soon. When this is all over with I'll be sure to post in the next thread you "think"(as if you are capable of such a feat) is going to cause the end of human kind, calling you out on it. Have fun living in that fantasy world.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So us as Humans Have started to
Sacrifice Living Creatures to the Oil Volcano
To Appease the Great Oil Gods.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm surprised Mexico hasn't spoken up.
Haven't heard a word out of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

The oil is either old oil, say almost as old as the formation, or they have drilled into a massive active fault zone that is reducing carbon dioxide to methane. If it is high inhydrogen sulfide, it is reducing calcareous sediments to oil and more natural gas in the presence of salt solutions. Now they are providingmore saltwater, so via the Wurtz Synthesis more oil is going to be created than natural gas. The methane is going to be converted to ethane, propane, butane, pentane and other long chain organic compounds.You see if oil is being made now, at a very rapid rate in this area, the pressure is never, ever going to drop off along the casing and the oil is going to flow into the gulf forever.The only hope to reduce the pressure will be by sinking more new wells into this area and try and drain off the oil and gas as quickly as it is being made.

You see oil is basically inorganic. It is not made from dead squashed plankton. It is not a fossil fuel. It is an inorganic chemical compound reduced from calcareous sediments and carbon dioxide and methane gas. My peer reviewed published papers using chemical and thermodynamic equations show how this occurs. The link to the papers is available below. Of course although I was published by The American Institute of Professional Geologists in 2009 and the Association of Environmentaland Engineering Geologists in 2008, it does not mean that my theories are accepted by the majority of geologists. It will probably take 50 years, as with the theory of Continental Drift to get accepted by geologists in general. Maybe this disaster will shave off 20 years. Things evolve slowly in geology!

[edit on 12/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

WTF? Oil is inorganic? Oil will flow forever? This is pseudoscientific bull#!
The oil will be "made" so fast that the well will flow forever? Well I guess you have the right to believe whatever you want. Like he alludes to... time will tell.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by believer81
This is Darvaz, the Door to Hell.

It has been burning for 35 years.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join