It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason they aren't stopping the leak. Damage below the sea floor.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yuckysmurf

I get your point, but really, you exaggerated a lot man

no, the iphone wasnt invented in the 40s ...^^

but I agree, there are probably high tech out there that could do the job, the problem is that, thats not the plan, the plan is to crash the US economy and maybe even the land - people

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Maybe this is what wikileaks found out especially when stated that this could be an end to our species. The government is looking for that hard drive.

thread found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
sorry

[edit on 13/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It sure look like the seabed is already cracked.

ROV films oil leak coming from rock cracks on seafloor.

And the beaches of Florida will not be white for much longer.

New Spill Oil Photos - Oil Reaches FLORIDA!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is worst then we have EVER dreamed of
a slow death to the earth

Not only will BP go bankrupt, so will this country.

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways (repent); then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Christians who confess Christ with their lips on Sunday but deny Him with their lifestyle the rest of the week - well frankly that is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Gentleman:
The West has been intentional misinformed regarding the formation of oil and the amount of oil reserves available. The Russians studied oil extensively for decades with the top scientists available from multiple fields. The theory of abiotic oil (inorganic) is one the most extensively researched projects in the known history of mankind. It is accepted now worldwide.

The majority of scientists work for corporations and there jobs depend on spouting the company line with truth not being an important consideration. The fallacy of limited supplies is merely disinformation that allows profits to be maximized The earth produces oil and even refills some already existing wells. This has already happened repeatedly in the Gulf of Mexico. This was well known to BP.

In drilling so deep BP was certainly trying to tap the deep deposits that were refilling such wells as Eugene Island. They indeed have tapped a migration channel for oil. This leak could go on for years or even decades. If it is not stopped an all too real possibility is the death of most of the Atlantic ocean. Stopping it could very well be the greatest challenge mankind has faced. The ocean floor there already had multiple seepage locations of oil and gasses prior to this. Now these locations could very well be under greater pressure from the damage already done.

Imo a nuclear device has only a small chance of success. The fact it was/is even being considered scares the living daylights out of me. Here is a link explaining much of the above statement. www.squidoo.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NoMore11

nice find ! scary video though.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comic
Looks like we're going to be screwed for years to come...

Way to go, BP.

Sadly, you can't just blame BP. You have to blame yourself and the lifestyle you live, as does everyone else who uses any products refined from oil.

America has known for decades how damaging drilling for oil is to our environment but once again, like everything else in our complacent, apathetic lives we do nothing. As long as we can be fat and happy, play on our computers, watch our television, drive our cars, spend, spend, spend and spend some more, we don't want to get up and actually do something about it.

It's much easier to be an armchair warrior and rant about it on ATS all day long than actually get your butts out and march onto Washington DC by the millions.

But that will never happen and so I sadly say to you, "We're screwed."

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

I agree,I have said pretty much the same thing in response to several threads here about this oil gusher.

If we didn't demand they supply it,they wouldn't search for it,and this may never have happened.

There would be nothing wrong with reverting back to a system,and society that worked without depending so much upon oil.

Certainly would help unemployment issues if people were forced to do things the hard way,wouldn't it?.

Technology is the enemy of labor and the environment.

Anyways....

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Really think about this………………….

You can search on youtube for any disaster or event that occurred in the past. For instance, search for Haiti Earthquake and you will see 1000's of amateur videos that were posted immediately after it happened. This oil disaster appears to have a media black out. With this event, there are no amateur videos. Every time the media covers this disaster, it is a controlled environment where they show a clean up crew and boom behind the reporters. People in Louisiana say that this catastrophe is 10 times worst then what they are reporting…..

It is rumored that days before the rig explosion happened, a few people in companies including BP (The man himself Tony Hayward) sold bp stock, and others such as Goldman Sachs shorted Transocean. There are so many pieces of the puzzle that people are trying to put together to come up with why this happened and if it was a staged event.

Here me out on this………There are a group of scientists that have stated that there is a massive oil plume appearing 7 miles from the location. Some people are reporting that there is another leak, much larger than this busted pipe. It was noticed being as large as 1 mile in width, by 20 miles in length.

What if this event was all a cover up? What if there is a crack in the ocean sea floor and it occurred days before the rig explosion. What if it was a natural thing that just happened. What if it is far greater then we could ever imagine? What if the government knows about it and determined that this will be so massive that they cannot contain or fix the problem? How would they hide this from the world? By staging an event with an oil company such as BP to have a rig explosion, this will mask what really happened. They don't want to world to panic……… They don't want the world to know that this is unfixable. If Tony Hayward sold stock, could it have been because he knew they were going to take a huge loss on this so he might as well try to salvage something?

They could have capped this leak with in 8 days, so I've heard. But if my theory is correct, the bigger problem such as this fissure in the earth, would reveal itself sooner if they are to stop this leak. Is this why they are still allowing this leak to happen? With all the attention on this pipe, no one will see what is really going on down there with the real problem….

If I am right, and I sure hope I'm wrong, this means that the government is lying because they want to protect the world from going into a panic.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by crypto9

other connecting dots:

Jan quake at Haiti
en.wikipedia.org...
(history shows quakes travel westward on this northern part of Carribbean plate)

feb quake, 120 mi s. of New Orleans in GOM- gulf of mexico
www.aapg.org...

does any of this lead to thinking there is increasingly unstable conditions at the deep drill sites?

now, it is either BP trying to hit the abiotic oil migration channel, a mis concieved adventure because there are unseen, actions taking place in the Carribbean & GOM micro-plates at great depths...

yes the deepwater drill borehole did hit a massive & extremely high pressure 'pocket'of gas & oil, est. at 12k PSI @ 20k ft down
...and the resulting blowup of the borehole casing & the rig has fractured
and compromised the strata in a manner yet to be discovered.

Bottom Line: 'someone' decided to drill that deep, in that particular location, a task without protocol... if the enterprise venture would have been discussedin a comprehensive way by a committee of minds, perhaps the project to tap into deepwater potential reserviors of oil some +20,000 feet down, and 400° F. would have been shelved, until technology was ready to work with high-pressure, high-temperature wells

i can see BPs reasoning--- drill one well at 20-40,000 feet & get into the mother lode source of abiotic oil that is continually created. -or- drill 100s of shallow depth wells at $10s of million per platform = you guessed it.!

MMS, BP, deep well drillers, all have been traitorous to the Earth populations

~~~~~ADD:
RE. Abiotic oil:

www.opednews.com...

[...]
The oil is either old oil, say almost as old as the formation, or they have
drilled into a massive active fault zone that is reducing carbon dioxide to methane.
If it is high inhydrogen sulfide, it is reducing calcareous sediments to oil
and more natural gas in the presence of salt solutions.
Now they are providingmore saltwater, so via the Wurtz Synthesis more oil is going to be created than natural gas. The methane is going to be
converted to ethane, propane, butane, pentane and other long chain
organic compounds.You see if oil is being made now, at a very rapid rate
in this area, the pressure is never, ever going to drop off along the casing
and the oil is going to flow into the gulf forever.The only hope to reduce
the pressure will be by sinking more new wells into this area and try
and drain off the oil and gas as quickly as it is being made.

You see oil is basically inorganic. It is not made from dead squashed plankton.
It is not a fossil fuel. It is an inorganic chemical compound reduced from
calcareous sediments and carbon dioxide and methane gas. My peer reviewed published papers using chemical and thermodynamic equations show how this occurs.
The link to the papers is available below. Of course although I was published by The American Institute of Professional Geologists in 2009 and the Association of Environmentaland Engineering Geologists in 2008, it does not mean that my theories are accepted by the majority of geologists.
It will probably take 50 years, as with the theory of Continental Drift to
get accepted by geologists in general. Maybe this disaster will shave off 20 years.
Things evolve slowly in geology!

We can only hope it is old oil. We can only date oil back 100 000 years
by carbon dating, but that is fine. We need to know if this oil is 10 to 100
years old and if its age is changing as it escapes. Is the escaping oil
getting older or younger? So we need to start dating the oil on a weekly basis
to see what is happening.[...]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuckysmurf
When will most of you people actually educate yourselves?

The LEAK ( stop calling it a spill !! ) is 50,000 miles BELOW the seabed.

And you say WE should educate ourselves? Just how friggin wide do you think this planet is???

As for the rest of this situation... all I want to do is weep for the world. I am so very glad my wife and I opted NOT to have children. I truly fear that life as we know it is over. I am no expert on such matters and I cannot suggest how to fix it. All I can do is weep.

A nuke scares the bejeebus out of me, but maybe it is a best option at this point. We just need to stop the flow.

[edit on 13/6/10 by ViriiGuy]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I been having a good think about this.. the only reliable way is to compress the the rock around the well with explosives, to crush the fissures and pipe that the oil is escaping through.... we have 30,000ft or 10km of rock to play with before the oil deposit. A nuclear device will create an air bubble that will cause a tsunami, but a tsunami is better than no seafood for 30 years!

However a scalar device would be much better

Absolutely correct! Its mindboggling why the usa government does not: 1)get bp the hell out of there 2)evacute all coastal areas 3)drops a few small nukes down the well and kaboom the well gets shut.

I was originally against the idea but after viewing videos of the russians doing it, I really cannot understand why the obama administration is being so hesitant. If they keep waiting for much longer it will become pointless to do anything!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ovelaset
Imo a nuclear device has only a small chance of success. The fact it was/is even being considered scares the living daylights out of me. Here is a link explaining much of the above statement. www.squidoo.com...

No, it does not! If a few(or however many are necessary) get dropped into the well-head and detonated at the appropriate depths and appropriate timings, a hydrogen bomb(FUSION REACTION rather than fission as the classic nukes) IT WILL SEAL THE HOLE PERMENANTLY!

There will be NO tsunami or at most a small tsunami. The people that keep complaining about a fractured sea-bed leaking oil from below are dellusional at best, and terribly dishonest at worst! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 35,000 FT DOWN SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FOR A CRACK TO BE THAT DEEP!!!

Stop making up excuses AND DROP FUSION BOMBS NOW! Or use SCALAR WEAPONS, OR USE HIGH POWERED LASERS or use anything that works. I am tired of this BS!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

Originally posted by DJM8507
Wasn't there a time traveler that supposedly predicted an oil spill where the reservoir completely emptied into the oceans, killing off a huge portion of the world's oceans. And in the future humans live in these sanitized environments due to the fumes/chemicals that waft off the waters, etc.

Very interesting indeed.

Oh my , I do think John Titor did say that yes !
(looking for a link now)

After some searching I found the following:

I agree with Maggie on this and have met a time traveler but this person only stayed to complete a mission that lasted only a week and was gone. They do not dress so much like us but fit in just the same. This person was from several hundred years in the future and they did not paint a pretty picture of what we have done to our planet. They work at night only and sleep in the day because it is so hot and have dark heavy coverings over the windows to keep out the harsh sun. The oceans look like black oil and are about that thick with all the polution in it and it is very hot and humid. The cars rise up and fly about 3 or 4 feet off the ground and are propelled by some other power but he said it was to complex for me to understand. I believed him and I ask him to come back someday and visit if he could and he said that was not possible. There is much violence in the future and we face a harsh world but from what the person said it is liveable.

SOURCE:www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The casing is likely to be damaged. The only way to kill the well is with a relief well. It looks like the relief well will finish around the first of July. The damaged casing isn't going to hurt the effort to kill the well.

Had the BOP worked, the casing wasn't designed to withstand the pressure and the sub-surface blowout would have been catastrophic (relative to what we see now).

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

OK, there has been talk of this being a 'doomsday scenario' and also as far as being a potential E.L.E. (extinction level event).

How exactly is this E.L.E. likely to occur?

I mean, i can see that the seas will become polluted and a lot of fish are going to die, so fishing is going to be drastically reduced, but how will this kill off the human race? (potentially)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

your link is horribly broken - - -was it reposted already?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Please read this, It is directly related to this thread and several others here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Add up what we are and are not being told. I need your input to help warn people of this Earth changing event. I'm not talking about the fish in the sea, I am talking about the survival of Mankind!

Thank you,

Pax

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by cosmicpixie

your link is horribly broken - - -was it reposted already?

it was fine yesterday....funny as I originally hear about the article from a post and link someone had made on another forum...when I clicked on it it said the article had been removed yet she'd linked to it only hours earlier. I re-sourced the article on another webpage with a google search and now that one's gone too ! I will try and find a new source and maybe give it it's own thread as it seemed quite popular here

try this

[edit on 13/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join