It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you right or left brained? Take the simple test and find out for sure...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OShtey
I have tried to look at the image over and over again but i only see her going clockwise. I really wish i could control it and change the direction but nothing works. What do you guys think this would mean?

[edit on 6/12/2010 by OShtey]

Don't worry about it. Being in touch with your right and left is a good thing left too much unstuddied. If, it is as they believe, scientifically, a two part voice, then I would say that the other vioce I hear, that isn't me, is my Father being my conscience. Peace! So...scientifically, if you take this finding seriously, then, let your conscience be your guide! Do the right thing and Selah!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

plus its my opinion that most people on here WANT to be right brained and creative and spiritual and all that. even if they aren't. yeah I'm talking to whoever lied about their answer and I know someone will. no offense....

Well, as a counter to your theory, I have to say that although I come from a family of people skilled in art and music, (and crazy, quite a few of them have artistic temperaments too) I DIDNT want to be right brained. I dont really value a lot of that stuff, consciously. I dont even listen to music regularly, much less play an instrument.

In my case, I was absolutely floored when I did the test. I would have never guessed that I was right brained, nor did I want to be right brained. I assumed I was left brained both because of my handedness and because of my own thinking.

I expected more people to be similarly surprised when I posted this, (hence the comment in the OP) but so far, no one else really seems to be finding such a big difference between what they assumed and what they found.

Edit to add;

Since your post that I responded to, I have found a couple that like me, were surprised by their brain dominance.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

Lol, not when I watch it. For me, it is an uninterrupted clockwise rotation. Your brain is doing that, not the gif.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have always wondered how to find that answer out altho it says im right brained its pretty acurate except im not extremely artistic
Thanks for this test

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know this will probably surprise people, but I see the figure moving clockwise (right-brained) -- and it's VERY hard for me to get it spinning counter-clockwise.

Interesting. I'd have predicted that I was highly left-brain wired -- but should note that high levels of creativity are an essential tool in the sciences. You can't do research if you can't look at something and create previously unanswered questions about this.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hey this is nuts! I first seen it clockwise, but after reading so many saying it was counter clockwise I went back and started staring at the shadow imagining it was going counter clockwise and then it was! Then I thought maybe it was just changing randomly very quickly and tricking me,
, so I stared at it for a good couple of minutes and it didn't change. So I found what ever way I want to perceive it spinning, it will. Crazy! Thanks.

Ps those other "illusions" are crazy too! thanks.

mmm...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I can make it go with either way but for me it start spinning left which doesn't surprise me at all. Pretty cool though.

Dude, I just did it again and at the very end had the right one spinning the clockwise way and left one spinning the counter clockwise way!!! HOW????

[edit on 12-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Thats funny.
I had to watch to "solutions" video too in order to see the counterclockwise rotation. I've tried every trick anyone has mentioned to make it flip and so far, nothing. Its clockwise. Always clockwise.

I do think that the assumptions psychologist have made need serious revising. We couldnt do it here, of course, with this informal survey. ATS users are not a random sample by any stretch of the imagination. But this is one of those sacred cows that is turning out to be a horse.

Although I am glad you mentioned the intuitive stuff. I use that too, in my reasoning, and I really am more geared towards the big picture, rather than the details. For me, the big picture comes to mind first, and then I elaborate on the details, the details dont consciously lead to the big picture. So some of what the psychologist observed may be true.

You certainly cant tell that by outward appearances though.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Yeah, I think they underestimate the creativity needed in science.

Perhaps thats because there are some in those fields who get by on rote memorization alone, and somehow they are thought to be representative of the areas as a whole.

I did try the "left eye right eye" thing to see which eye of mine was dominant,
(Another poster mentioned you should point at a target and then close first one eye and then the other to see which eye dominates) and for me, my left eye does dominate, slightly, which backs up the right brained test result despite my "handedness" which is right.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I've been practicing switching brain sides for decades... I got started by watching ceiling fans, forcing them to spin counter to their actual rotation (as I perceived them, of course). Switching sides can be a little disorienting at first, but don't be alarmed.

— Doc Velocity

I guess I'm kind of weird, it seems I saw it spinning as a right brain, but it was easy to switch it. In life I write left handed but play all sports right, I can without practice bat both ways and I can shoot a pistol with either hand, but I'm left shoulder for rifle. I wear a watch on my left wrist and use utensils with either hand. I feel more right hand dominate though.

I love the arts, but have zero talent in everything I enjoy
my job is more analytical/technical and I do well in that area, but my college degree is in psychology and teaching....hehe

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Clockwise for me. Right sided all the way I guess.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Clockwise and can't make it go any other way!
Glad I'm "right" about something,LOL!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Heh, I knew these video's already. Really fun.
But let me get one thing straight here, no one is either left- or rightbrained.
It's always a combination of the two halves, but a certain halve is more active than the other by most people.

Sorry, couldn't resist

[edit on 12-6-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Definately clockwise, but then she changed direction and I couldn't stop it, or get her going clockwise again. I don't consider myself very creative or artistic at all, but I do have an overactive imagination

I read the link and am a good mesh of left and right brain, but I always knew there was more than one person in there

[edit on 12-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
For me it started off counterclockwise and then i was trying to change it and it went to clockwise.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i already knew i was right sided before i opened the thread and didnt read any of the post b4 watching the vid and lowe and behold i saw her going clockwise at first, quite simple to imagine it otherwise tho. so yea this test worked for me. and i knew i was rite brain dominant cause i am sort of an artist took comm design classes , its common knowledge to artists that there is a much higher percentage of right dominants in the art community.thats probly we are how we are lol. just my opinion here.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I seen this one before and like you said with practice I was able to change from clockwise to counter. but the first time I did it (3 month's ago) it turned counterclockwise at first (took me some time to make it change the first time)
today it was clockwise....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I definately use my right side a whole lot more than my left but what i want to know is why does education need to change us from being right sided to left?

That is the question

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

right brained. Though a simple pause, and then playing allowed me to change the direction in my mind.

So, both, but right oriented?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I know this will probably surprise people, but I see the figure moving clockwise (right-brained) -- and it's VERY hard for me to get it spinning counter-clockwise.

When you look at the image, start from the floor area with the reflection, kind of like you are a child to the image. For me this perception change turns the rotation.

The image spins the way I want it to depending how I adjust my perspective. If I perceive myself taller, then the image goes clockwise.

I don't know if it will work and I might be absolutely crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join