It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you right or left brained? Take the simple test and find out for sure...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The Freakanomics guys survey seemed to indicate that contrary to what psychologists thought, a lot of "logical" people fell into the right brained category.

I majored in philosophy, which IS on the right brained list, but philosophy is very logical, (virtually all math and science was created by philosophers) so maybe the psychologists have something wonky in their assumptions about what it means to be "creative." Thats what I am guessing from what we are seeing here and what Levitt found.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It's not a mystery, Left & Right brain traits are apparent. I'm very much artistically-inclined, have been all my life, which is a right-brain trait. Emotional matters are fodder for the right brain, and most artists are really emotional and pretty crazy. Just sayin, If you're artsy and creative, you're right-brained; if you're not very imaginative but are a wizard of math and science and spacial relationships, you're left brained.

You can spot people on the street and identify them as Lefty or Righty with ease... But don't let them catch you doing it. They'll think you're politically profiling them! (Happened on a campus I attended).

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Here's a continuous gif animation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96786b3247ff.gif[/atsimg]

I am going to try a simple experiment.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I saw these before. They start out spinning clockwise, so I'm predominantly right brained, I can change the direction however, so that would make me both, I guess.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungBlood

Lol, yeah the two thinking beings in one body part is pretty cool too.

But apparently one of my thinking beings is taking a siesta right now, I still cant make it spin the other way.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
It's not a mystery, Left & Right brain traits are apparent. I'm very much artistically-inclined, have been all my life, which is a right-brain trait. Emotional matters are fodder for the right brain, and most artists are really emotional and pretty crazy. Just sayin, If you're artsy and creative, you're right-brained; if you're not very imaginative but are a wizard of math and science and spacial relationships, you're left brained.

Thats what I would have thought. I am so rational my friends call me "Spock" to make me lighten up. And yet I am so right brained I cant make it spin the other way to save my soul.

Perhaps there is a crazy artist inside me, yearning to breathe free. Or not. Lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So weird. First I started seeing it spin counter-clockwise and saw it change clockwise halfway through it. Thought maybe it was fake. Then kept on reading and people said they could change it by will, then I tired again and in the video it started spinning clockwise.

I tried changing the movement of it by will and it turns out if I see it spin, let's say clockwise and I look left really fast and back on the screen it starts spinning counter-clockwise. Same thing if it's going counter-clockwise, look to the right then back at the screen really fast and it's spinning the other way. Weird!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungBlood
You guys are all talking about spinning?

Did you read and go to the link . .

This is friggin Epic

Brought this forward (I hate being the last one on a page - especially when I make extremely valid points).

What do you have in mind when referencing its epicness?

I thought it was common knowledge that standard schooling (baring Waldorf/Steiner see sig) warps kids brains.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It's like this optical illusion I guess. If you really concentrate on it, it will appear the other way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37d3fbcc873b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Wow! what an illusion... first I saw the figure go counterclockwise but I was able to see it go clockwise! But it doesn't happen at the drop of a hat... I need to pay attention to the figure before I can note a change in either direction of its rotation.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I've been practicing switching brain sides for decades... I got started by watching ceiling fans, forcing them to spin counter to their actual rotation (as I perceived them, of course). Switching sides can be a little disorienting at first, but don't be alarmed.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

LOL yeah I used to do that when I was younger and bored. I'd lay on the bed just watching the fan spinning. I could force it to spin the other way at will easily. All you have to do is just relax and don't think too much.

This is what I suspect is the case (the other poster made me think about this. He could be right.) The more you relax, the more you are able to do this at will. It all depends on what you are doing or thinking.

Some people have the tendency to think in logic (as in my case... I love logic and mathematics). When I first saw this thread, I got interested of course and played the video, I saw it spinning clockwise then I just blinked my eyes and it spun the other way! I wasn't thinking too much. Then I started to think more about this subject and now I find that it's impossible for me to get it to spin the other way.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
It's like this optical illusion I guess. If you really concentrate on it, it will appear the other way.

You guys are practicing Alchemy, look it up.

And this is epic because it proves the evolution theory.

This means that the garden of eden is an analogy for the evolution of man. when Eve ate the apple we gained knowledge i.e a second brain.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm doing my Master's degree in Visual Art. The other day we had a first year postgrad proposal writing workshop, and there was an unusual amount of left handers - 3 out of 7 of us, including myself. Usually in the "wider community" it's something like 1 in 10. Yesterday I made friends with another artist who also happens to be a leftie. Thought that might be an interesting observation for you.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Know the word "pigeonholing"? What is this good for? I think centered - LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

So which way does the dancer spin for you?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

What illusion? There is no illusion, - there is just an interpretation-matrix in your brain and some black lines on a white background. This is an illusion:

Parallel Lines:

"interpretation-matrix fail"

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Actually, I saw it spin counter clockwise at first. I've done some reading on handedness, and I have traits of both sides, like the examples Doc Velocity gave. Although I am terrible at maths and comprehending numbers.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Like alot of people here, at first I saw the dancer spin clockwise then I was able to change the direction by closing my eyes then focusing on her changing direction. Very interesting indeed.

Makes you wonder how TPTB manipulate us in this way through advertising.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This whole topic actually reminded me of something I found a while back while researching, something very interesting maybe it's of some value to someone, check this out
I was left amazed by the way it all works.. It's funny how this balance between both sides is needed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join