It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you right or left brained? Take the simple test and find out for sure...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
We have all hear the terms "right and left brained" many times in our lives. Many of us even have some idea what that is supposed to mean. Right brained people are supposed to be creative, artistic, feeling oriented. Left brained people are supposed to be analytical, logical, rule oriented. You may already have a pretty good idea which one you think you are. Or maybe not.

According to research most of us start off as right brain dominant, but that changes as we are educated.

viewzone2.com...

Experiments show that most children rank highly creative (right brain) before entering school. Because our educational systems place a higher value on left brain skills such as mathematics, logic and language than it does on drawing or using our imagination, only ten percent of these same children will rank highly creative by age 7. By the time we are adults, high creativity remains in only 2 percent of the population.

So which are you? And are you sure? This test will tell you for certain which side of your brain is really running the show. The answer may surprise you.

The test is easy, just watch the spinning figure. Does she spin counterclockwise? (Left brained) Or clockwise? (Right brained) According to the studies in psychology, most of us should be left brained. However, others have done informal studies and found that not to be the case. So are ATS members more right brained or left brained? After watching the test, post whether you were a righty or a lefty, and feel free to comment on whether or not you think you fit the normal profile for that brain "sidedness."

Pay attention to the way the dancer FIRST appears to spin in order to know your dominant side if you happen to be one of the people able to switch it at will. (Some do easily, others can with practice and concentration, some cant at all)

I, as it happens, am right brained. And fairly surprised. I had always assumed the opposite.

Edit to clarify.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well I can see them spinning either way and change them at will.

second line

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I can change it at will.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Which way did they first appear to spin? They did say some could easily flip back and forth, and I will modify the OP to clarify that. I guess it is lucky you two answered first.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
yes it is possible to change it at will ...

I just forgot how ... I couldnt do now, but I am freaking tired

now, it says I am "right" ... but based on your text, the features are totality different ... so, who knows ....

if most people in this world are left and use logic, well, I dont think this is the case, since most people are religious freaks, and your text says religious freaks are "right" ...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'd assume that it would base something along the lines of what your current activity is? and which side it requires to be more active? maybe maybe not ^.^

Edit to add, You can maybe even use it to see which side is currently more active like if you're working on a project and need to be creative or are studying something and require yourself to use memory and logic etc etc.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by f3rm1N]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Wow when I close either eye it spin the other way all of sudden. Keep blinking either eye at random or even both, it'll sometimes spin the other way.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Yeah, an interesting little twist however, was discovered by the Freakanomics guy when he ran the numbers.

freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com...

The theory, I think, would predict that economists, engineers, and scientists would likely be dominated by left-brain thinkers who see her spinning counter-clockwise, whereas humanists and non-economics social scientists would have more right-brain thinkers. Here’s how the numbers actually break down as to who initially sees her spinning counter-clockwise among Freakonomics blog readers. The higher this number, the more rational you are supposed to be (with the number of observations in parentheses):

Engineers/mathematicians/computer programmers: 21.8% (N=55)
Economists: 26.7% (N=60)
Scientists: 31.0% (N=29)
Social Scientists: 36.2% (N=47)
Humanities: 42.9% (N=28)

So something is a little odd with the way we view right and left brainedness.
(is that a word? lol) I was hoping to get an informal idea of the percentages myself to see if the numbers here jived with the psychologists assumptions, or with Levitts.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hey nice

I see it spinning clockwise.
But i was aware i was more right brain.

Peace and thanks for the test.

link   
If i look at her head she is spinning clock wise. If i look at the floor i can see that she is spinning counter clockwise.

It was very easy to change her direction of spin, by just looking at the shadow on the floor.

link   
Also don't quote me on this, but I heard or read somewhere that according to which nostril is more clear would show which side is currently more active. (My right nostril is clearer right now I'd think because I'm making things up as I type therefore creative? correct me if i'm wrong lol)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It appeared to spin clockwise but i would not say that i am artistic at all.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

Maybe for some it is, but its not for me. I tried doing math and watching it, reading and watching it, and I just now tried the suggestion about closing one eye. For me, it doesnt matter what I do, or how long I stare at it, (which is another suggestion for making it flip) it is always spinning clockwise. (Right brain)

Pretty interesting that we have so many right off the bat able to flip it so easily.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i'm absolute right it seems. no matter how hard i tried i couldnt see it another direction for to be a leftie as above poster can see it in both ways.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

You could be right about this. The more I think about this topic and the posts, the more it spins clockwise. I am finding it more hard to get it to spin the other way since I am thinking more logically.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
After a little practice I was able to make it go either way (somehow?) but the first 3 times it showed me I was right brained - which suits me fine, and I've known it for some time.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reading the right side functions, I would say just the GET IT, and big picture thing, the rest I dont use lol

maybe its the medicine I am taking, it is #ing up everything, or maybe its because I am using the english side of my brain?

in this last 1 or 2 3 years I can think in english too, very easy for me to speak or write somethings, even sometimes it is more easy for me to get a word in english than in my native language

so, I am not a good subject ... lol .. but I did this test years ago, I dont remember the result, but I could change sides no problem

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

I think you are spot on. Right now it's impossible for me to see her spin the other way since I am thinking too much.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I happened to be "left" brained, if indeed this accurate though I was able to turn it around with a little concentration.

Check this one out:

--airspoon

[edit on 12-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
You guys are all talking about spinning?

Did you read and go to the link . .

This is friggin Epic

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join