It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please all members from the Gulf coast look here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have had severe asthma attacks since early May this year and then this week I was plagued with severe fatigue and listlessness, and bouts of dizziness. Well when I found out late last night about benzene that is being absorbed into our air because of the oil spill and all those things are listed as symptoms of exposure to Benzene. I have had them all except Death.

Immediate signs and symptoms of exposure to Benzene, from the CDC:

◦Drowsiness
◦Dizziness
◦Rapid or irregular heartbeat
◦Headaches
◦Tremors
◦Confusion
◦Unconsciousness
◦Death (at very high levels)

source

I wouldn't say I've exactly had unconciousness, but I have had where I want to wake up but I just can't lift my arms or head or move and that is why I said I was listless.Breathing problems isn't listed, but as I have asthma that is the way I tell if anything is in the air, I begin having attacks.

Have any of you near the Gulf coast have these issues lately? What can we do about it, if anything?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Not sure how spiritual you are, but if these symptoms don't turn out to be from the benzene, they do correspond to some ascension symptoms. The main symptoms lately have been sinus issues, throat pains, head aches and difficulty concentrating.

The intense cosmic energies that have been coming in are causing a lot of cellular transformations and the like.

I hope you feel better soon and that these are not caused by the poisons, but since you are right there in the midst of it, take care. I am so sorry about what has happened in your area. This will affect all of us for a long, long time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here is an article on the elevated levels, I live more inland in Florida so take that into account.

Today the Louisiana Environmental Action Network released its analysis of air monitoring test results by the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA’s air testing data comes from Venice, a coastal community 75 miles south of New Orleans in Louisiana’s Plaquemines Parish.

The findings show that levels of airborne chemicals have far exceeded state standards and what’s considered safe for human exposure.

For instance, hydrogen sulfide has been detected at concentrations more than 100 times greater than the level known to cause physical reactions in people. Among the health effects of hydrogen sulfide exposure are eye and respiratory irritation as well as nausea, dizziness, confusion and headache

source

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Thank you Blujay. I appreciate that, but the main question I am trying to determine is how I would go about finding out if the air quality is the culprit. I mean do they have a way to test people for this exposure and if they find it to be the cause, is there action we can take against BP? Those are the main things.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
im less than 75 miles away from the incident and im feeling good; actually better than normal.thanks for the heads up

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I don't know I have a very sensitive system, being asthmatic, every tiny thing can spark an attack. I don't know how far I am from the actual spill now, it was 50 miles last week. But the other stuff, that's alarming. I thought it was because of PMS but after I read those symptoms I am not so sure now.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am terribly worried about this.

I feel this is the one element of GoM disaster that is not getting enough coverage.

Our family went down to the panhandle on Memorial Day weekend. I wanted to see for myself what preps were going on and what sort of community action was being taken. (Answer: none, nothing!) We were assured by local media that there were no effects of the spill in that area yet. We monitored the NOAA site and another air/water quality site while there as well.

On the last day my child developed a pretty severe wheeze. We came home and it disappeared.

A day later, conveniently following the holiday weekend, the oil was "officially" spotted about nine miles off shore.

I obviously can't be certain what happened, but I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Wow that is something. Your child got a wheeze, I beleive we're going to see more of this. But how much sickness will it take before they take action and get us to leave? I think I am just going to go ahead and leave as my body is very hgihly sensitive and I will possibly only get sicker than most and before most, and can't depend on anybody getting us out before I have serious long lasting issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There is another post of a mans video that shows birds are migrating north from the gulf , WHEN THEY R SUPPOSE TO BE NESTING !!!
THIS IS A REAL SIGN , MOTHER NATURE DOESNT FEAR MONGUR , please take care everyone , stay sharp ,and do whatever means necessary to survive any disaster that may or may not come .

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson
There is another post of a mans video that shows birds are migrating north from the gulf , WHEN THEY R SUPPOSE TO BE NESTING !!!
THIS IS A REAL SIGN , MOTHER NATURE DOESNT FEAR MONGUR , please take care everyone , stay sharp ,and do whatever means necessary to survive any disaster that may or may not come .

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that thread. It's something else that my system responded even before the birds, however, I am slightly phsychic, on 9/11 before the towers were hit I smelled smoke, no one was burning a fire place, I checked, No wood fires and no house fires, checked all possibilities. Now again it is my lungs/ air system that reacted first... I truly beleive the birds know that they cannot and should not breathe this air. That's why they're moving North!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have been talking to some "people" about this.....stories like yours will be the first signs of this event getting worse........eventually they will be aired on MSM....if indeed this crises heads south......

What part of the gulf region OP do you live.........It will be a good idea if we could track those reports of illness from the region....

Hope you get better.........

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I have been talking to some "people" about this.....stories like yours will be the first signs of this event getting worse........eventually they will be aired on MSM....if indeed this crises heads south......

What part of the gulf region OP do you live.........It will be a good idea if we could track those reports of illness from the region....

Hope you get better.........

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

Tampa Bay florida area. But like I said my system is very sensitive, for instance, if I take otc meds for allergy it puts me to sleep even if it isn't supposed to, so I am very sucsetible to anything in the air-breathed/ingested etc into my body.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I have had severe asthma attacks since early May this year and then this week I was plagued with severe fatigue and listlessness, and bouts of dizziness. Well when I found out late last night about benzene that is being absorbed into our air because of the oil spill and all those things are listed as symptoms of exposure to Benzene. I have had them all except Death.

Immediate signs and symptoms of exposure to Benzene, from the CDC:

◦Drowsiness
◦Dizziness
◦Rapid or irregular heartbeat
◦Headaches
◦Tremors
◦Confusion
◦Unconsciousness
◦Death (at very high levels)

source

I wouldn't say I've exactly had unconciousness, but I have had where I want to wake up but I just can't lift my arms or head or move and that is why I said I was listless.Breathing problems isn't listed, but as I have asthma that is the way I tell if anything is in the air, I begin having attacks.

Have any of you near the Gulf coast have these issues lately? What can we do about it, if anything?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

Don't they put benzene in dryer sheets these days?

Maybe your neighbor switched to Bounce Outdoor Fresh with added Benzene.

Only reason I say that is because one of my neighbors started using that brand I can tell by the scent and the tremors dizzyness and most of the symptoms that you list in the OP.

I believe that Bounce Outdoor Fresh contains benzene and other poisonous chemicals that make your clothes mmmm outdoor fresh.

Fresh as the surface of Venus!

Well, there's a retard in every neighborhood. Good thing it isn't me.

I seriously hope that the air clears up for us both!

I'm with ya in spirit.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is the Air quality report as of today in Tampa Bay:

Air Quality Report June 11, 2010

This is not good for me or my children if you click on the link for USG it tells you who is being affected!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Nobody I know can afford these dryer sheets much less use them. It's the air I checked source link in /\ above post.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Your thread has sorta died.........and I hope those who feel ill or know people that are will post here.....

Just curious of how you are doing?????

Maybe you need to retitle your thread........Health concerns / The Ill from the Gulf Spill or somthing

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am just curios OP
where is the monitoring being done?
and are you up wind
down wind?

here is "intelicast weather" very detailed and good for lots of things
perhaps you can figure if the spill air is blowing at you from this.

www.intellicast.com...

just some info for the readers:
From March to September the prevailing winds are the northeast trades; these undergo considerable modification on account of the configuration of the surrounding land, and the rains which accompany them are interrupted by spells of calm thick weather, and rarely by northerly winds known as Norte's del hueso colorado and Chocolateros. In the colder dry season, from October to April, the climatic situation is dominated by the relatively high temperature of the surface of the gulf, causing a cyclonic inflow of air which is associated with the strong northerly winds or "northers" prevailing on the western side, more particularly along the Mexican coast. The northers sometimes blow with terrific force and are at times accompanied by rain. The form and position of the Gulf of Mexico exercise a profound influence on the climate of the whole of the southern and south-eastern states of the Union, and indeed of the greater part of North America. (H. N. D.)

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Still have bad breathing issues every night I have an asthma attack and still felling sluggish, fatigued, etc. But it's been very hot too so I don't know it may be heat exhaustion too.

top topics

join