It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Navy detonates Samali pirate ship with pirates aboard. [VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't see any evidence that the pirates were on board when it exploded either. That being said, they did wait until it was dark and as a general rule, no, Russian troops do not f@&k around.

Piracy carries risks, it always has. If you don't like the idea of being treated that way then DON'T BECOME A PIRATE.

reply to post by EliyahuHaNave

I am aware of what is really going on down there and I do agree that yes, to an extent, this is a move born of desperation. However, these groups are not taking hostages and demanding international attention to thier plight nor are they bartering hostages for interviews with the media.

The are seizing ships and ransoming them back to the owners.

I realize our media is heavily censored/controlled and as usual we are only being given a small portion of the total story, but these are not political activists.

They are pirates.

If you are going to demand multi-million dollar ransoms for billion dollar vessels/cargos then you have to expect that sooner or later somebody is going decide on a cheaper, more permenant solution.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Pretty cool video, as long as the pirates were on board at time of explosion then I think they got what they deserved and justice was served. Play with fire and eventually you'll get burnt, that night they apparently got burnt. You can't tell me that the pirates had only planned to use all those AK-47's and ammo for peacefull purposes can you?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Great Video.
I would like to see the Turks run a Russian Navy Blockade!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Okay, piracy, an economic crime born out of desperation. I still don't think that we are any where nearer to the source of the problem. So far we have the IUU, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
European Union (EU), Russia, Japan, India, Egypt and Yemen are all on this piracy campaign, mainly to cover up and protect their illegal fishing fleets in the Somali waters.
Somalia had no authority to patrol its tuna-rich coastal waters and foreign commercial vessels swooped in to cast their nets. This proved a slap in the face for Somalis, who saw these vessels as illegal and raking in profits at the expense of the local impoverished population. To make matters worse, there were reports that some foreign ships even dumped waste in Somali waters.

That prompted local fishermen to attack foreign fishing vessels and demand compensation. The success of these early raids in the mid-1990s persuaded many young men to hang up their nets in favor of AK-47s. Making the coastal areas lucrative for local fishermen again could encourage pirates to return to legitimate livelihoods
Reuters 2006
"[Our] existence depends on the fish," Hussein said. He accused the international community of "talking only about the piracy problem in Somalia, but not about the destruction of our coast and our lives by these foreign ships."

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
these somalian pirates are useless scums of the earth.

after watching us navy: pirate hunters, my hatred towards them intensified.
they should have their arms and legs hacked off in accordance with their islamic laws.

or just blow them up. i dont care. they dont deserve any pity, or humane treatment. worse than rats!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
For those who cannot watch the video - here is the before and after shots. The bottom shot was snapped during the blast:

*Russia would probably do this. If this is real they probably shot the pirates first and sunk the bodies with the ship.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Okay, so I speak russian fluently, the videos doesn't show any evidence about the pirates(or freedom fighters) being on the ship at the time of the explosion..

The strange thing, is that they separated them into groups, the pirates, dosn't look Somalian to me, Somalians mostly are black , these guys Arabic, plus in the video guy says something about them being Pakistani! what would a Pakistani be doing in that gulf?

I loved how the injured guy, says they're fisherman, and the russian guy reply "YOU LIE"! , sorry but you can't bs people with AKs on the board and not a single fishing pole, may be they should have asked them , where was all the fish that the caught? funny, ah

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I would not dismiss the Pakistani Taliban doing a little piracy of there own or to help the Somalis for a cut of the money.

As for Russia they have there own ROE for terrorists and that is to get rid of them as a warning to others.

Years ago a Russian diplomat was held in Lebanon by a group of terrorists.
The Russians got there diplomat back after they got there hands on a couple of terrorist from the group and started sending body parts back to the terrorist groups leaders.

The Russians do NOT play fair.
And it works in the long run.

It does not mater if there were pirates aboard the ship.

If the story get out that there was and they died in a gruesome death and with the Internet the story WILL get back to Somali that they was the pirates WILL think twice about taking a Russian ship.

Its just like poker
Its not what you hold in your hand.
Its what the other players think you hold.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
And I care why?

I hate to be the cold heart here but Russia was making a public statement with this. Piracy will not be tolerated. Period. I see nothing wrong with what Russia did here. I would hope the US would do the same.

Again, I support this. What Russia did was needed, and we need to see more of it.

You don't screw with the Russian's. You just don't do it.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
good find, they deserve it. I now a captain of a ship and he told me that they have pistols and machione guns of ther own. He said : no one come's on my ship. I blow them to kingdom come.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ni91ck]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
HOW TO SPOT A PIRATE SHIP

In the old days, they used to fly a Jolly Roger flag which was black witha white skull and crossbones on it.

Nowadays, however, they generally fly a nice new designer one which is white with a light blue stripe at the top and bottom and a Star of David in the middle.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Trolling post.
PLease delete.
No evidence anyone was on board ship when it exploded.

Post like yours are really getting my goat at the moment, instead of being so callous and thinking you are above everyone. Why don't you let the moderators do their job and concentrate on the thread in hand. If it isn't to your liking then move on and find a thread you can participate in.

In regards to the thread, thankyou OP for bringing this to us. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to watch it before it is removed from YT. In regards to the people being left on the ship I cannot see any evidence to support this. Perhaps if we can get a russian translator into this thread we may be able to give it more credence.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
As the other posters have stated, these pirates weren't left on their pirate ship. They were clearly visible on the Russian vessel. Even if the Russians did kill these pirates, so what? When they are released, and they most likely will be due to international laws, they will just continue tp harass and murder innocent sailors.

We [Americans] actually owe a big thanks to the Russian Navy for stopping these pirates. Not only have they stopped these pirates (for the time being), but it was also the Russian Navy that saved the lives of those American sailors aboard the USS Liberty. If it hadn't been for a Russian war-ship that steamed over to investigate what was happening to the USS Liberty, then all sailors aboard would have been needlessly slaughtered by the Israelis. This was even during the Cold War when Russia was our enemy. Kudos to them!
Cut the Russians some slack, they are actually helping us more than we know.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliyahuHaNave
European Union (EU), Russia, Japan, India, Egypt and Yemen are all on this piracy campaign, mainly to cover up and protect their illegal fishing fleets in the Somali waters.

Erm...Its a little bit more to do with fishing fleets, how about the ransoms that are paid on a monthly basis that aren't reported in the news, one such ransom of the return of a russian tanker carrying fuel was paid and tracked to offices in London UK, yet the media stays silent. Oh did I mention the D9 notices slapped on the media at the beginning of this year. Selective journalism I think its called.

Makes you think eh?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Whether they were on the ship or not, seeing how heavily armed they were convinced me they deserved to get their asses kicked. Hey pirates, when you play with the big boys, expect to get the big boy hurts.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This just officially made me want to move to Russia..

FINALLY..
Someone shows some balls and created a lasting Pirate Repellent..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
trust me, you will never want to live in Russia, I am preparing this huge disclosure thread I am working on, about the partisans, kids my age 20-23, who stand up against Russian corruption and actually start killing police as a revenge.

GEX

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vendetta1986

Good. Scare 'em straight!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KATSUO

Please don't misunderstand...I live in Canada and despite our problems I would not want to live anywhere else.

That being said, the Russians have a long history of independant science and technology. In the context of this thread, the Russians have drawn a line, on one side they will play by international rules, on the other side they will come to a resolution regardless.

I am not trying to say that one side is better than the other, however Russian politics/beliefs clearly demonstrate that once a certain line is crossed the gloves are off.

Look into the Spetnaz, by Western standards they are nothing more than assassin's however for the Russians they are the absolute last option. They have carried out highly controversial raids in both the Russian mainland and the outlying territories to settle 'disputes' (and I am not taking sides what-so-ever): these boys settle the problem regardless of what it may be.

The Russian system is different then ours, in some cases that may be more expedient, in other cases it may be a total violation of what we consider acceptable. Either way the problem is settled with both sides knowing where the other stands.

Like others have posted...wait and see how many Russian vessels are hijacked in the future.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join