It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Navy detonates Samali pirate ship with pirates aboard. [VIDEO]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

This is part of the videotape showing the Russian Navy commandos on the Somalian pirate ship. You may remember that the pirates captured a Russian oil tanker. The EuroUnion navy that patrols these waters could not interfere because there could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian and, with a single exception when a wounded pirate tells something in English, all conversations are between the commandos - in Russian. Sorry if you don't understand Russian but the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots, moved all the pirates to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and took seven Somalian pirates. Then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates on it.

The person who placed this part of the tape on YouTube claims that the tape is much longer and he may download all of it but no one believes that this file will remain on YouTube for long. After all, the commandos sunk the majority of the pirates without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18-th and the 19-th centuries: the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hanged.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by NewWorldDisorder]

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 11/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Par... par... parlay? Good find.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow! That is incredible stuff!

Thank you for sharing this.

I am glad I got to see this myself, before it is censored / removed.

Stuff like this tends to get removed quickly lol. And the MSM IGNORES IT!??

I did not see proof that the pirates were left on board the ship. Can we get some Russian translators to translate this video into English for us? Thanks!

We need some way of proving they were left on the ship. If the Russians SAID they were in the video, than that is enough proof for me personally. However I would like some form of news article stating "They only took 7 pirates", because I count more of them than that.

I will recount in the video so we will know how many are there and edit this post.

Edit: Ok I count about 14-15 sitting there near the end when the weapon cache is laid out.

I will also count the wounded man from earlier separately, because I don't think he will be SITTING DOWN anytime soon....he will be LAID out...

So 15 or 16 Pirates by my count. Take away 7, that leaves 8 or 9 dead pirates???

[edit on 10-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Trolling post.
PLease delete.
No evidence anyone was on board ship when it exploded.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I see pirates.

I see a ship blowing up.

I do not see pirates on a ship blowing up.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Trolling post.
PLease delete.
No evidence anyone was on board ship when it exploded.

If we can find a news article that is legit, and said that the Russians only took X amount of prisoners, and X is lower than Y (total amount of visible prisoners in video), than we can assume directly they must have died.

Also, if the Russian translations admit such acts, than this also is more evidence.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
good find, i cant speak russian so i dont see the proof they were left on board, but the 18th century law still being held up is totally believable

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

S&F great find! I'm really glad I got to see this video before like muzzleflash said it gets censored!

S&F

Those Russians really know how to kick ...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
Then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates on it.

How do you know this? I think you're making a dramatic assumption, to say the least.

But if the Russians DID do it, they need to be held accountable for their disgusting actions.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

How do you know this? I think you're making a dramatic assumption, to say the least.

But if the Russians DID do it, they need to be held accountable for their disgusting actions.

It may actually be totally legal though.

So there may never be any way to hold anyone accountable. As it could be totally lawful by international maritime standards.

I do not know the law of the seas, if anyone does know, feel free to set us all straight. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Hold on now; great video but stop doing an NBC, FOX, CNN, BBC on the reporting.

Russians bored pirate ship free Russian hostages, Weapons found and video of the pirate ship being destroyed by explosion is ALL it shows. It does not show the troops leaving the pirate ship with some of the pirates still aboard now does it? so all we can say is that the person who released the tape has reported that is what happened.

GEX

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So, who do you work for? FOX or CNN?
First thing you see when you click Play button is this.
"Russian Adm. PANTELEEV "DDG-548" captures the pirates and destroys enemy ship" It's in English.

They then move these pirates (count them in the beginning of the video and when they are all on the big boat) and all their "fishing" equipment like AKs and pistols to the Panteleev, sappers did the rest.

GEX

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hi muzzleflash.
They divided them into two groups, first group (about 15) near the rail, and then 2nd group of 9 of them sitting close by.
I think they separated them by the country of origin, like Pakistan, you can hear "Pakistan" in the video. Can't determine where the others are from.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Either way its a good find OP. Pirates getting their ass kicked. And wow. Their guns were good. If they did kill the pirates who cares, those bastards have become a pain in the a$$ in that region for merchant ships. So its ok either way. Russians troops know what to do exactly and when to act.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Call it lies, call it propaganda. Do any of you think that Russia wouldn't do it?

I am not too sure i have a problem with it, either. I mean, a snake is a snake. Why be angry when it acts like a snake?

I bet, if it is true, the Somali pirates don't screw with Russia any more. I would put a Russian flag on my ship just because of it....like "pirate repellent".

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Pshaw!!! Good luck with that. Putin will just give you the finger. At least the first time. After that, he may be a little less friendly.

I wouldn't screw with Russia. It is suicide. They are pretty ruthless.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Five stars, three cheers and two thumbs up for Russia! In the words of Charlie Daniels "That's how you do it son".

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Do any of you even have a clue why this stuff is going on? This is disgusting!
The driving force behind piracy in the Gulf of Aden is because shipping lanes where moved into traditional fisheries locations. The tankers started dumping crap into the waters, killing the fisheries, starving families and driving them into poverty. What has been labeled piracy is actually reactionary tactics to an aggressive outside influence, primarily U.S. The waters are being policed by national forces, to protect their cargo. In other words, the armies, Russian, American, and many others are on the pay role of the corporations that are involved.

check this out
following text taken from above link
"The Illegal Fishing Piracy

The other more damaging economically, environmentally and security-wise is the massive illegal foreign fishing piracy that have been poaching and destroying the Somali marine resources for the last 18 years following the collapse of the Somali regime in 1991. With its usual double standards when such matters concern Africa, the "international community" comes out in force to condemn and declare war against the Somali fishermen pirates while discreetly protecting the numerous Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) fishing fleets there from Europe, Arabia and the Far East.

Biased UN resolutions, big power orders and news reports continue to condemn the hijackings of merchant ships by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden. If response to both piracy menaces was balanced and fair, these condemnations would have been justified. European Union (EU), Russia, Japan, India, Egypt and Yemen are all on this piracy campaign, mainly to cover up and protect their illegal fishing fleets in the Somali waters.

In all these piracy ballyhoo and campaigns, why is the other key IUUs fishing piracy ignored? Why are the UN Resolutions, NATO Orders and EU Decrees to invade the Somali seas fail to include the protection of the Somali marine resources from IUU violations in the same waters? Not only is this outrageous fishing piracy disregarded but the illegal foreign marine poachers are being encouraged to continue their loot by as none of the current Resolutions, Orders and Decrees apply to the IUUs, which can now freely fish in and violate the Somali seas. The Somali fishermen can no longer scare away the IUUs for fear of being labeled pirates and attacked by the foreign navies unlawfully controlling the Somali waters. Even the traditional Somali trading dhows are in panic of being mistaken for pirates.

a) The IUU Menace and Fish Laundering Practice

There is no doubt IUU is a serious global problem. According to the High Seas Task Force (HSTF), IUU does not respect national boundaries or sovereignty, puts unsustainable pressure on stocks, marine life and habitats, undermines labor standards and distorts markets. "IUU fishing is detrimental to the wider marine ecosystem because it flouts rules designed to protect the marine environment which includes restrictions to harvest Juveniles, closed spawning grounds and gear modification designed to minimize by-catch on non-target species….In so doing they steal an invaluable protein source from some of the world´s poorest people and ruin the livelihoods of some legitimate fishermen; incursions by trawlers into the inshore areas reserved for artisanal fishing can result in collision with local fishing boats, destruction of fishing gear and deaths of fishermen" says HSTF. In its report, Closing the Net: Stopping Illegal Fishing on the High Seas, HSTF puts worldwide value of IUU catches at $4 to $9 billion, large part of it from Sub-Sahara Africa, particularly Somalia."

This is what ATS is for, an actual conspiracy!

[edit on 2010/6/10 by EliyahuHaNave]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EliyahuHaNave

Boo Hoo. Cry me a river.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

isnt this the occasion when they actually blew up the ship then released the pirates onto an open boat 800 kms off shore with no compass, last month?

OP they were not on the boat when it blew ...no evidence at all...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by gambon]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join