It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard troops prepared to evacuate Gulf residents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well you make a good point.

However the people here won't put up with that level of agression for long and firefights will break out.

I pray that it doesn't but Government needs to come clean about their plans. And they need to do it fast.

I don't care who the hell they are if they come to remove me by force I will fight and I know I will die in the process but I will be taking some of them with me!

If they want us to leave just tell us the air is toxic and we will peacefully evacuate. But showing up and using force first ...

I don't think anyone that is a real American is cool with that.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't go anywhere I didn't know someone who would take me in. No camps, for sure. National Guard are militarized by repeated tours to the Gulf in many states, but they are still American kids. They will not - or many will not - follow orders which result in the internment of their neighbors. This is an ugly possibility and I don't totally discount it, but I believe all hell will break loose within the military if internment is the intent. They know such a move, though it may be necessary rather than succumb to benzine, et al., is an assault on the Constitution if it's not simply for public health purposes and temporary relocation by means short of internment.

I grew up with Japanese Americans and I know that they were told internment was for "their own good." They didn't believe that for second, but the alternative was impossible; defend their homes by force of arms. Live to fight another day if you have to, but be smart whatever you do. We're in it to win.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
In the 1986 Lexington Fire in the Santa Cruz mountains, we were listening to police cruisers order our evacuation of loudspeakers from the main road. Living off the road a ways, we ignored them and determined to stay with our cabin, our five cats and two dogs. We held out three days before the smoke got so dense we took the animals down the hill via backroads and then returned to fight the fire if it got to our house. 4 AM the next morning, I took a ride up to the ridge top and could see the glow behind the ridge across from us about a half mile away with the winds upping to 50 mph and maybe 70 in gusts.

All of sudden the whole ridgetop across the way exploded at once in thirty foot flames. At that point it became clear it was stay there and die or engage in a strategic retreat and follow the evacuation route out. It was a hellish four days, but we gave in to the reality of our being able to make a stand. It was zero, if the fire departments couldn't stop it on the main road below the ridges. We left it to them and left.

I don't regret that decision. Living to fight another day was the right strategy. Everyone has to make that decision, base on their own assessment of what will be effective. My heart is with you whichever way you go, but then, and I believe now, there will be another day and another fight. Weigh your decision, not only on the value of your life, but on your potential value in other fights to come.

Once again, peace be with you and good luck!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Evacuation has always been in the back of my mind. I can't even begin to fathom what this exodus would be like if it were forced upon us. We would fight back and the government knows this. Could this be the reason why they have taken down the south first? Can anyone give a timetable of when these events will start?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I don't know, but I'd keep yourself posted on Grand Isle area right now. It sounds like troops are being moved into that area right now and I believe the areas around there will be the first to face evacuation, if and when it comes. I think they're securing a base of operations, but I think they might be there because that's where BP HQ for the region is, as a protective measure for BP's corporate headquarters there. Hard to call it right now.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
this is what it LOOKS like to me
Im thinking out loud here as we dicover the facts
so I'd like to hear how I'm wrong
that would make me feel better to be wrong actualy

there are 13 countries offering to help
but they won't let the states clean up

I say you won't get NG
you will get NOT FROM HERE
if there is a fire fight they already use this tactic

la raza for instance
they just shot a kid on the ither side of the border
they have those mexicans just PUMPED
el presidente just spoke to congress about gun control
they seized 75,000 guns from america
except the guns arn't from america they are full auto
where are thos guns now?

the business in georgia over there they never lied like the MSN did here
the russians Know that attack was made with Israeli and AMerican advisors
backing GEORGIA

the FLOTILLA and all the IDF propaganda
much of the WORLD is not liking Israel and its benefacture the US
the False flags
the LOUD public lies about Iran

it is all a pattern for setting up a meat grinder down south it looks like

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Hi there, perhaps someone already said this later on in the thread, but I'm commenting as I come to it.
Even when evacuations are mandatory (such as in a hurricane), I don't think you can be FORCED to leave... at least under normal circumstances. I was through several hurricanes when I lived in Key West and I couldn't afford to to evacuate. What happened is that all emergency services are stopped and you can't rely on police to help either if you need it. I live near Centralia, PA now and even though that town has long since been evacuated, there are still folks living there.

I think there would need to be a HUGE guard presence to force every single person to leave the entire coastal US.

But hey, anything can happen!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

Small world - I also lived in Key West - also told to evacuate during hurricanes - no place to evacuate without money and the bridge going out of the Keys not a very good option. Glad we made it, thanks for the reply.

As for those folks facing this disaster my heart and thoughts are with you, may you be guided to make the best decision for yourself and family if it comes down to evacuation.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't live in hurricane country, but I know folks who do and who did stay to ride out hurricanes and I know it happens that way out here in CA with fires. Usually it's radio or TV reports announcing evacuation and then a cruiser or two going around neighborhoods with loudspeakers. Everyone is really too busy to handle a mass of people.

Now, short a hurricane, that might not be the case, but I have no idea how much of the Guard is tied up in hands on operations directed at the incoming oil itself. I do know that all indications is that the Mobile Bay area and Florida panhandle are imminently threatened with oil and that the air quality is going down by the hour as benzine, hydrogen sulfide and methyline chloride levels are rising. To be able to stay requires at least air to breathe and that looks like it's going south pretty quick.

I worked with the former and latter in a PC shop in the 70s and today I have MS with no family history to trace it to. Don't know if it's connected but if you plan to live able-bodied a while, I'd take this into consideration.

Like I said, everyone has to listen to their own inner voice on this, but the Gulf Coast is rapidly becoming the equivalent of living in a toxic waste dump and the results will be felt long-term at their most profound. People who are denying the gravity of the situation are engaged in wishful thinking.

I saw an ad from Mobile today touting the areas beaches and telling folks, "it's ok really" come on down! Uh, yeah, don't think in the long term by any means. Be careful folks!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am wondering what the air quality is going to be like down there when they start burning off the oil in the gulf. I am watching the Keith Olberman show right now, and the estimate is to burn off something like around 10,000 barrels at day, because the ship it is going up to can't hold what it is catching, and they won't bring in other ships to contain the oil, BP is saying it is too crowded around the ship. 10,000 barrels a day? They didn't say for how long.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Mississippi I know has castle doctrin and they can not force you to leave. TPTB know this I think Louisiana has a simular law.

Now if Martial Law is declared that changes things.

The situation as it stands right now I nor anyone else I have talked to thinks an Evacuation will be needed. I also understand Obama is to visit the coast next week. That will explane the armed troops.

However we shall wait and see if they leave if they do Great False alarm, But you don't move hardware around and not intend on using it.

So I am asking everyone on ATS to be vigilant and report anything dealing with troops in the Gulf region on this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I am wondering what the air quality is going to be like down there when they start burning off the oil in the gulf. I am watching the Keith Olberman show right now, and the estimate is to burn off something like around 10,000 barrels at day, because the ship it is going up to can't hold what it is catching, and they won't bring in other ships to contain the oil, BP is saying it is too crowded around the ship. 10,000 barrels a day? They didn't say for how long.

That would be burning 7 barrels/minute thats almost 300 gallons /minute.

Gonna be one hell of a fire!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Originally posted by snowspirit

That would be burning 7 barrels/minute thats almost 300 gallons /minute.

Gonna be one hell of a fire!

They showed a drawing of the ship that is to contain the oil, and a rather large pipe going straight up from one end, looked like, I don't know, 20 feet or so?, and it bends at the top and that is where they are going to flare off the oil. There was a politician on the show furious, stating how that should never be allowed, but apparently BP is still in charge.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is the scariest thing I've read in a while...
How far south do you guys think they would evacuate?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I googled it also, and found this: www.greenvilleonline.com...

"Kent Wells, BP's senior vice president of exploration and production, said Thursday that a semi-submersible drilling rig should be set up early next week to capture and burn about 420,000 gallons of oil daily.

Once on board, the oil and gas collected from the well will be sent down a boom and burned at sea. Wells says testing will begin this weekend.

A drill ship already at the scene can process a maximum of 756,000 gallons of oil daily that's sucked up through a containment cap sitting on the well head."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeh2324
This is the scariest thing I've read in a while...
How far south do you guys think they would evacuate?

A better question would be how far NORTH would they evacuate?
You can't get any further south than the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
for what it is worth
Cliff High of half past human who uses web bots
issued a report last sept o9
that said there would be a massive exodus to north of 50th parallel

Friend of Clif's been mentioning the 40th parallel. Hope so. We're at 39.44 so hoping that's close enough to 40.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sounds like they are going to have a cattle round up .Why would they move you all ? logisticly it would be easiers to just line you up on the beaches and shoot you ! What is a few more bodies amoungst all that dead wildlife ? Bad taste I know , all in jest . Seriously people be safe , our hearts are with all affected .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I think you may be right on the troop deployment for an Obama visit. Let's hope so. I watched the Olbermann report too. Burning off the collected oil seems a little insane, but I don't know what else they might do with it. I don't know if I trust BP to do that in any way safely. I think that it's easy to get pumped when they start talking evacuation as well. But I know when they conducted operations drills up here in Oakland, CA and down in Seaside, CA it was full on occupation style drills. Scary stuff, including raids on housing projects, temporary detention camps, NATO troop support, etc. They said it was all about a Mideast scenario drill, but everybody except the Dutch troops were speaking English and nobody was speaking Arabic or Farsi or any other Middle Eastern language or dialect, so I know it wasn't shooting for realism on the lines of operating in Baghdad.

The military does consider contingencies across the realm of imagination and we have contingency plans for war with Canada even, but that still doesn't make one comfortable when it's in your neighborhood that that drills are actually scheduled, One of these days, I think it will move beyond contingency and that's probably the day that you should be on the loookout for Xe vehicles coming down the street. Cynthia McKinney tried to dig into Katrina on that level and lost her House seat the next election with a full court press from Republicans and the DNC. So I can't quite dismiss Alec Jones' obsession about martial law. I do take it all with a grain of salt or a full shaker, for that matter. I still keep my eye on it though.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Oh crap...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join