It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard troops prepared to evacuate Gulf residents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

It may bring toxic rain, I really don't know about that one, a storm will be worse with tidal surges and flooding. It depends how far in land rainfall is taken from the gulf.

Is there any maps highlighting areas where an evacuation will be probable taking the above into consideration.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
looking at this... guess bp has problems...

www.bp.com...

new BP logo's...:-)

www.rense.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Maybe I missed it, but WHY would people down there need to be evacuated? What does oil in the gulf have to do with people living on shore?

The Air Quality, or a Hurricane.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It is not just oil that is leaking. There are a lot of toxic gasses leaking. I am not a fearmonger and I have examined some of the worst case scenarios. Now MSNBC is reporting that this is worse than the worst case scenarios.

There is NO evacuation called for at the moment, no troops moving into the gulf. The news reports claim that the National Guard is PREPARING for these events.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Well I am glad I got a friend or a few in Pennsylvania, lol...my butt will go there...I'll pay for kenneling my dog and kitties, out of the funds I'll be requesting from FEMA. Screw their camps I'll be out of dodge before they take me to any GD camp!!!!! But when will Tampa Bay know if they're evacuating? I hope they give us plenty of a heads up.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

No kidding. I have family in PA with thousands of acres of undeveloped mountain land. They also have a couple hunting camps on it that are practically inaccessible. Well-suited for survivalist activities.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41e2ac42de3a.jpg[/atsimg]

My wife took that pic @ 2135 cst in Waveland MS at Walmart.

Mandeville is about an hour away and in Louisiana.

2 questions:

Why does the Police Dept need that?

What is it doing here in MS?

I just had to run outside I heard jets flying over. It was 4 F-15's and they were armed I didn't have a chance to take a photo cause they were low and I saw 2 ext tanks and bombs or missiles it was hard to tell what kind but they were 100% armed. They were heading south towards the Gulf.

I don't usually see those around here and there is no training that I am aware of.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
so is this crap heading to texas? the way the gulf currents are we always end up with the crap.....i remember the "natural" tarballs when i was a kid, but i am expecting huge patties any day now......

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by mecheng

Sorry, really not trying to be rude..........You will need to goole or check out some of the gulf event threads.........this and any oil spil is toxic............bottom line

Fair enough... I understand this is an ecological nightmare. Not questioning that. But I I live inland say 5 miles, I don't get how the oil would affect me? The oil is in the water... right?

I did a quick google search (at work so have to go soon) but without reading each article... it sounds like its the dispesant that's toxic. Maybe not so much the oil itself (?).

So again, without being rude
why would people inland need to be evacuated because of an oil spill?

Possible storms surges bringing oil and dispersents inland, with winds, hurricanes.
Air quality from burning/flaring off of possible 10,000 barrels a day from a ship in the gulf.
Worst case (maybe, there might be a worse one still), ocean floor caving in from loss of pressure, too many cracks, etc creating a tsunami.
Or if they decide to nuke it , tsunami, and radioactivity.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a mass evacuation to the north .... sadly logical

the gulf is now toxic and if that soup is hit up to 2-4 hurricane cat 5
it will go everywhere on the land covering up all the south
the gov already knows... the south is dead anyway
the economy will be impacted for sure
people will no more tolerate anything from the gov
Obama will declare martial law ...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Maybe, and I just wonder how much of the south will be affected?

Is this really the doomsday event we were all expecting which sets off Martial Law American style?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

yes

but i dont like to call that doomsday :S .. because its not
doomsday = EVERYONE DEAD
lets call it the Transition to a new age
people will still exist

the last 2 year before 2012 will be very dark
then the transition will happen...
after that i believe better values will show themself from everyone

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There is always the shadow inventory of empty houses from the foreclosures throughout the states. Who wants to move to Detroit? Of course all the banks will need to be compensated for opening their homes up to these people. Get ready for another banker bailout if it goes that far. I doubt the logistics can be put in place peacefully enough to see this through.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

it just flashed my mind with what you said
check that out

mexicans always crossing border to the north (south usa)
then we will see americans crossing to the north (Canada)

the only thing good in that is we will not shoot on sight
(like the little mexican 16y old kid shot 2 days ago)
and make a huge wall
all the canadian army is in afghanistan now lol

EVERYBODY COME IN CANADA .... WE HAVE PLACE EVERYWHERE
second biggest country in the world after china
with only 33,311,400 millions peoples in it

many many Americans in the futur will cross the border to Canada
i can forecast that

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

SWCCFAN - Thank you for bringing us this news.

I will reserve speculation and just focus on the news article...

"Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate…”

This statement leads to me to ask…

WHY ARE PEOPLE BEING EVACUATED?

WHO WILL BE EVACUATED?

EVACUATE TO WHERE?

EVACUATE FOR HOW LONG?

WHERE WILL THEY TAKE THE ELDERLY WHO NEED MEDICAL CARE?

WHO PROVIDES THE TRANSPORTATION?

CAN PEOPLE TAKE THEIR PETS?

CAN PEOPLE TAKE THEIR GUNS?

WILL THEY CONFISCATE YOUR GUNS?

=================================================

It’s not what’s in the article that gives me pause. It’s what’s not in the article.

Considering the fact that our freedoms have been eroded severely by our government (for our own good) – I am very suspicious.

They could prevent suspicion by informing us of their big plan.

Am I a FEAR MONGER for wanting information?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Oh! that really makes me feel better and I was just thinking about going to Georgia

[edit on 11-6-2010 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I grew up in beautiful Pensacola, Fl. the latest town being covered by oil and the media. We have been through many major hurricanes. You will always see M16 armed National Gaurd troops on the streets before and after the storms.

In 1985 I was (8 y/o) outside playing with my G.I.Joe action figure and it suddenly came to life!!! Well...in my imagination. In reality it was the National Gaurd walking house to house to let us know we are in the storm surge zone of Hurricane Jaun. They tell you that it's mandatory, wait around for a few minutes to see that your preparing, then they move on. All while in full gear and holding Big A$$ M16's.

Many hurricanes later (yes, we count time in hurricanes) Ivan came to visit. One bad mo-fo of a storm. The Nat. Gaurd sent alot more troops this time, but the tactics were nothing new to us. After dark cerfew, troops camped out every couple of blocks with gun mounted hum-vee's, soldiers directing traffic at busy intersections (they also aperently need M16's).

I'm not saying that a mass of troops can't be for a mass evacuation, I'm just saying that people in the Gulf area are conditioned to such sceens. We were also beeing conditioned by G.I. Joe, but that's for another thread.
They did a good job however, as both my brothers are in Iraq now.

By the way, there was alot of harassment from theese post Ivan troops. With powewr still out we would be sitting outside at night drinking the beer that we hoard before the storm, and looking at the stars, and they would sneek up on us and start yelling that we have to go inside. We held our ground telling them that we know the law, this is our property and they can't stop us. You can drive around at night if you have a fire, emt, police badge or a press pass.

My friend had a press badge but would be stopped, searched and harassed every night. One time she came back crying from mistreatment. She hadn't made it to work but she was scared so her boyfriend and I drove her ,even though we had to drive back illegally.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm in the New orleans area. So while I dont sit on the Gulf, I'm still close enough.

Considering what happened after Katrina - all the looting, hardly anybody in the Orleans area will be willing to evacuate. I think it will take armymen physically removing people from their homes to do a large-scale evacuation. All it would take is for one or 2 of those videos to get on the internet, and there would be a national outrage

[edit on 11-6-2010 by rocketman70433]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Tonka Report on recent activities of Airforce in Gulf

Very reliable....I think

stevenjohnhibbs.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by unruly1

Another first for Obama. He's all on top of this - while the oil still gushes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join