It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard troops prepared to evacuate Gulf residents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"National Guard troops prepared to evacuate Gulf residents"

That was one of the headlines on TruNews Today.

I noticed for the first time today a Military Police presence in the EOC where I was today chcking in on the progress being made on the Oil spill defenses.

Then I find the above headline on www.trunews.com.

I looked up its source and it was Guard readies as Gulf Coast braces for oil spill That is from www.army.mil

Guard readies as Gulf Coast braces for oil spill
Apr 30, 2010

By Air Force Master Sgt. Mike R. Smith

WASHINGTON (Army News Service, April 30, 2010) -- At least three states along the Gulf of Mexico are preparing for a potential call for thousands of National Guard members as the nation ramps up its response to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill today.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal sent letters to federal officials asking them to approve funding to activate up to 6,000 Guardmembers to assist in the response to the oil spill.

In two letters addressed to Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates and Janet Napolitano, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Jindal said the Guard "will provide security, medical capabilities, engineers and communication support in response to this threat."

"Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate and provide security and clean up for the coastal communities expected to be impacted by the oil spill," Jindal wrote. "They are engaged in the protection of vital infrastructure to include medical facilities, fuel distribution, interstate highways, water-ice distribution and power facilities, which are all vital to the recovery of coastal Louisiana."

Jindal went on to say that he "believe[s] these National Guard operations are necessary and appropriate to protect this region of our nation from a significant national event with potential catastrophic loss of natural resources."

Other Gulf Coast states, including Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Texas, reported they are in close contact with state and federal officials and are ready to respond with Guard personnel and equipment, if called out to assist in their communities.

"Right now, we are taking a look at the assets that are available and the possible missions that our Guard forces could receive, as far as dealing with an oil spill," said Army Maj. Christian Patterson, Mississippi Guard spokesman. "We are looking at everything and waiting to see what happens, to be ready to do whatever we are called on to do."

Patterson said the Mississippi Guard has a number of assets that can be used in such an emergency, including security forces to support police at checkpoints, aviation assets for aerial reconnaissance missions and civil engineers.

Army Maj. Cynthia Bachus, the state public affairs officer for the Alabama Guard, said her state is also monitoring the situation. "We have drill this weekend ... so if something does occur we will be here," she said.

Air Force Lt. Col. Ron Tittle, the state public affairs officer, said the Florida Guard is prepared to support the state's Division of Emergency Management.

Although it is hard to speculate on missions they might perform, if called out, Tittle said they typically look at how they respond to natural disasters, like hurricanes, with engineering assets and serving at points of distribution for those affected in their communities.

"It just depends," he said. "We just look at all the different possibilities and pull out our plans that we use to respond to other types of disasters and adapt a plan accordingly."

(Air Force Master Sgt. Mike R. Smith writes for the National Guard Bureau Public Affairs office)

I want to call you attention to the 2 bold Paragraphs. We have been discussing this ATS now for some time.

Now it looks like they are ready to pull the tigger on an evacuation within a few weeks.

I will confront the MP at the EOC about this tomorrow and will update.

Edit: I know the date is april 30th but myself and others are seeing the beginings of an armed build up. I was told a little while ago that a up-armored HUMVEE was sighted in Gulfport MS with a .50 cal mounted on it.

They must think we the people are going to give them a hard time...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
yupper
they got rid of posse commitatus
just for to cook the frog

Fand S
really i should be buying you a beer too

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just can't stop thinking how difficult it will be to get people to leave their homes. I assume evacuation would be mandatory? And where will they be evacuated to, that's a lot of people.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Well I will not leave ... If they come armed for a fight and there is no reason to evacuate us a fight they will get. However if its because of the toxic effects just tell us. There is no need to be forced.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

"Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate and provide security and clean up for the coastal communities expected to be impacted by the oil spill," Jindal wrote. "They are engaged in the protection of vital infrastructure to include medical facilities, fuel distribution, interstate highways, water-ice distribution and power facilities, which are all vital to the recovery of coastal Louisiana."

At least now they are using the guard for what is was intended, namely guarding the nation, and helping in evacuations, and natural, and man-made disasters, rather than fighting in some unwinnable war, half-way around the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

for what it is worth
Cliff High of half past human who uses web bots
issued a report last sept o9
that said there would be a massive exodus to north of 50th parallel
IF thats true
and the report has been coming true
(he forcast the death of one third of the ocean food chain this spring in that report as I have said here many times)

thats north of the great lakes
Its pretty
cold inhospidable and
dangerous country
without food and shelter in winter its deadly

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well thats easy to say when you not in the area they plan on evacuating.

BP will pay and their money is no good.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Take this for what it's worth.

Lindsey Williams' reports from a "secret source".....

chemical...................safe level................recent EPA test of gulf area
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hydrogen Sulfide-------5-10 PPB----------------1,200 PPB !!!
Benzine------------------0-4 PPB----------------3,000 PPB !!!!!!!!!
Methalyne Chloride------61 PPB----------------3,000-4,000 PPB!!!!!!

(PPB = parts per billion)

I was listening to the show too and took notes

This could be a reason to the forced evacuations.

And if those reading are correct I am out of here.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is lindsey williams from today
saying what the elite oil man he has as a source
told him about what is going down

whether the table is correct or not they just have to say it is
the president can declare MARTIAL LAW on that alone
and call in tha UN
a whole bunch of countries have volenteered to help but they won't let the states do anything?
FISHY

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

for what it is worth
Cliff High of half past human who uses web bots
issued a report last sept o9
that said there would be a massive exodus to north of 50th parallel
IF thats true
and the report has been coming true
(he forcast the death of one third of the ocean food chain this spring in that report as I have said here many times)

thats north of the great lakes
Its pretty
cold inhospidable and
dangerous country
without food and shelter in winter its deadly

Winnipeg sits right on the 50th parallel. I sit around the 53rd. Currently today the temperature is 8 degrees celcius (47 Farenheit). Might as well get them used to celcius and metric
. Mind you, the temperatures are a little lower than normal this year.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Damn right its fishy!

The USCG refused to close off the entrance to Perdido bay and oil got in last night and today.

They want the South dead.

The Locals here want to take over but if they do its all on the taxpayers dime. BP made it clear they are in charge.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Well thats easy to say when you not in the area they plan on evacuating.

The National Guard consists of Americas who have every-day jobs, families, and lives to live. They are there to help other Americans. If you are ungrateful for their efforts, then you don't understand what they are about.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just don't get tricked into boarding any train cars or going to any place named "Camp (so-and-so)." And don't trust anyone with a FEMA badge.

Good luck to y'all, down there.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

check out these puppies

WASHINGTON (April 21, 2010) – The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) and the Public Lands Council (PLC) are strongly opposing the so-called “America’s Commitment to Clean Water Act,” introduced earlier today by Rep. James Oberstar (D-Minn.). The Act would remove the word “navigable” from the definition of “waters of the United States” under the Clean Water Act, granting the federal government unprecedented regulatory authority over all waters regardless of whether or not they have any environmental significance.

naturalresourcereport.com...

I think there was huge publicity the last time the gun bill thing came up was there not?
Mobilized a lot of people, people showed a big resistance, put a stop to it.
right?

defmech.blogivists.com...

The first formal volley in what is projected to be an Obama Administration onslaught on the Second Amendment was fired when H.R. 45 was introduced into the new congress on January 6th by Representative Rush (D) Chicago, Illinois. H.R. 45 is a bill that licenses owners of handguns and semi-automatic weapons with magazine wells. The bill also registers handguns and semi-autos upon transfers, which must be conducted through a licensed dealer, with a few exceptions for family members and temporary loans to presumably licensed individuals. (Interestingly enough, you seemingly could transfer a gun to an 18-year old offspring without a registered event, but you apparently could not transfer the same weapon to a spouse without going through a licensed dealer. Who would of thunk it?)

In an Orwellian twist, a person under 18 may only effectively possess a firearm in an act of self-defense, after magically gaining access to the gun in violation of the law, having had no previous legally sanctioned training in the use of firearms. (This looks a lot like the D.C. gun ban which requires either precognition of a break-in or criminal agreement to a “time out” that allows the gun owner to assemble/unlock a weapon for defensive use.)

last years treaty:

www.washingtontimes.com...
with mexico

would this explain why the guv lets the door open to the Meicans
throws border guard in jail for doing there jobs
hog ties the borderdefences?

do the Mexican really not have their own guns?

this years gun treaty
www.washingtontimes.com...
Friday, April 9, 2010

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well I survied Katrina and was put in charge of Search and Rescue for My county.

The national guard was not heavily armed like they are now.

I have no doubt that they are here to help, but the better question would be help who?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If they really do evacuate people, and I would assume it would have to
be in the millions, just where does the government think that they will be
evacuated to? I know they would have to go points north, northeast, and northwest from that area. What does the government plan to do with them
all? If it happens, it will surely last for a long long time.

I have an offer to at least a couple of folks in those states. You would be
welcome to come to Nebraska and hunker down for awhile. I am retired
and my wife will be in a couple of years, so we are old farts. Well,
fairly old. Anyway, we could put up with an older couple, or yes a
younger couple until the dust settles. Work can be found here, and the
papers have a few pages of jobs every day. So, think about it and let
me know by u2u I guess.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thanks for posting that.

I have known about that for some time, it's all part of agenda 21.

Now my question is, why are the gruard here and armed to the teeth? You normally dont see HUMVEE's with .50 cals mounted on American Streets.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Thanks for the offer!

My guys have several bug out spots in North MS and we may be heading there soon.

But as much as this saddens me my wife is gonna loose it because I have been telling her this is comming. I am ready for what ever they decide to throw at us.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
FEMA CAMPS for some like KATRINA
or

when I said Canada north of 50
its an automatic camp
say they take you in by train
with out what you need
very few could walk out
you might as well say siberia

they put you in a tent city on an island or just a remote camp
and that will be that
a little satalite and drone security
(they are using RFID in Pakistan to target missles and drone)
and I think a person would be stuck

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Now my question is, why are the gruard here and armed to the teeth? You normally dont see HUMVEE's with .50 cals mounted on American Streets.

If the anger against the National Guard is anything like I've seen lately on ATS, I don't blame them for arming themselves. What better deterrent is there, from people who wish to show them that they won't listen to them, but would rather FIGHT them, than to be armed with overwhelming force. It will make paranoid people stop and think before they get their *** in an uproar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join