It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new kind of cloud formation boils over the central US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've seen mammatus clouds before here in Wisconsin - just after a storm passed through. Not as pronounced as some of the pics here, but still one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Right up there with being in a blizzard with lighting

And for the love of god, no "chemtrail" nonsense here please.............this is just mother nature at its best.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Awesome photos --thanks for sharing!

I take photos of all types of weather as well --mostly clouds in various stages of chemtrails, thunderstorms and sunsets.

I'll have to post some photos of mine sometime as I think some of you would enjoy them.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's an oil slick in the sky, was my first impression - I think I need help.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by Crossfate

These formations are a direct result of chemtrails. I am going to upload the one's the have been happening here in Indiana. I have filmed them as they are being layered in and turned into exactly what you have posted in your pictures.

Oh, please. Get a cloud guide and learn something.
These clouds have existed forever, they are just being classified and named now. This kind of thing happens all the time in science.......they think that bug B is just a different color than bug A, then they do DNA and find out the two are completely different. Then the give the bugB a new name. Same thing with clouds. Clouds are even named along the same lines (species, class, etc.) as biologics.
Despite the fact there are no such thing as "chemtrails", they do not form anything but cirrus clouds, and then not all the time. What you are seeing is something you never cared to notice before. It doesn't mean they are new. There were always classed as "just" undulatus before, and now they are given the respect they deserve, because they are truly cool.
You can find more, cooler, colorful pictures here:
www.cloudappreciationsociety.org...
Go to the "browse" button, asperatus is the last on the list.

There's always gotta be someone with the know-it-all attitude that has to RUIN the positivity of the atmosphere, and congrats...that person was you. Excellent way to negatively polarize your environment.

I have plenty of footage where I have filmed chemtrails going in and amassing to cloud formations that look EXACTLY like this. However, I'm sure that you'll tell me that I'm just so SILLY, and that CHEMTRAILS don't exist, nor do they form cloud structures. YADA YADA.

Nonetheless, I will gladly THANK you for providing the link that you did since I am a fan of anomalies such as this. So, for that, I have chosen to erase at least 50% of what I REALLY wanted to say on this reply.

Either way, I'm not your enemy. I am merely telling you what I've witnessed and what I have filmed. As soon as I put together all of my footage and time lapse it, I will be posting it on youtube and then YOU can make your own decision.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I've seen mammatus clouds before here in Wisconsin - just after a storm passed through. Not as pronounced as some of the pics here, but still one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Right up there with being in a blizzard with lighting

And for the love of god, no "chemtrail" nonsense here please.............this is just mother nature at its best.

So many opinions, so many experts, and so much pride.

Mother Nature is always at its best, even when its being tampered with.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I can also verify we get these from time to time in Wisconsin. I live in the Kettle Moraine area (South Eastern) and they're not that uncommon here. It has something to do with the movement of air masses over the texture of the landscape, which has been modified greatly by the melting of the glaciers from the last ice age. I'm not a meteorologist, but that's the way these were explained to me, and it sounds reasonable (well, more reasonable than chemtrails, HAARP and other such tin-foil-hattery).

Pretty cool photos there - and as previous posters, would love to have these wallpaper sized. They are good shots. It might be time for me to slough off the 2x megapixel cellphone and invest in a good camera.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

There's always gotta be someone with the know-it-all attitude that has to RUIN the positivity of the atmosphere, and congrats...that person was you. Excellent way to negatively polarize your environment.

Oo, did the bad nawty sceptic pee on your parade by disagreeing with you?

The know-it-all attitude is yours. You don't know these clouds are caused by 'chemtrails'. You just think they are, and baldly state as much without any explanation or justification whatsoever. That's know-it-all behaviour.

I have plenty of footage where I have filmed chemtrails going in and amassing to cloud formations that look EXACTLY like this.

You may think you have, but you do not. Care to post your footage somewhere and link to it so we can all see what you've got?

However, I'm sure that you'll tell me that I'm just so SILLY, and that CHEMTRAILS don't exist, nor do they form cloud structures.

You took the words out of everybody's mouth.

YADA YADA.

Yes, that's a good point. Maturely made, too.

So, for that, I have chosen to erase at least 50% of what I REALLY wanted to say on this reply.

Ernest Hemingway would heartily approve. The lady at the telegraph office, not so much.

As soon as I put together all of my footage and time lapse it, I will be posting it on youtube and then YOU can make your own decision.

U2U me when you've done that. I shan't be holding my breath.

Chemtrails. What poppycock. :shk:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
No way that these clouds are a natural phenomenon, they are artificial. cant back that up with facts,... but no way are these natural

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm happy not to live in USA when i see these clouds.
I think a really big disaster will come soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Wow. I have too say, this is the most informative post I have seen in awhile. Where are you from? Maybe we can get the player who is a meteorologist to comment on this, unless he is fake... Anyways I've been from Nevada to Colorado to Florida to Connecticut, and EVERY state inbetween. I have never seen this. The Sky looks like Sand and Water in one of those toys you buy from the museums.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Great photos!!

Those arent exactly new cloud types with regards to meteorology, however, they are fo mainstream purposes. The clouds are actually a type of altocumulus, altostratus mix I believe, and are a good indication of instability in the atmosphere, which is why they are often seen accopanied by storm systems

at the chemtrail remark on page 1

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Fail. The images are photoshopped. Why do you think I was so sarcastic with my post?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

These formations are a direct result of chemtrails. I am going to upload the one's the have been happening here in Indiana. I have filmed them as they are being layered in and turned into exactly what you have posted in your pictures.

And your proof for that is???

Chemtrails dont exist. You are being paranoid about contrails.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek

Fail. The images are photoshopped. Why do you think I was so sarcastic with my post?

With all due respect, these clouds are not photoshopped. At first I believed they were some sort of imagery tampered with, but observing cloud types for a living, I have actually come across one or two similar situations that I personally observed. Mammatus clouds and altocumulus lenticularis often also have a spectacular appearance to them.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87

And your proof for that is???

Chemtrails dont exist. You are being paranoid about contrails.

Ok, Ill take the OP's topic off topic too. It's too bad Contrails emit chemicals, result = Chemtrails. Contrails are Chemtrails. Can you prove to me there are no chemicals emitted from fuel?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

So this means that these clouds are where all the jet-streams are combined ? Doesn't happen and won't happen. Oh and guess what, I have a 3rd grade education.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

might be a "newly discovered cloud formation" in the sense that THAT one has never been seen before, but these are not new types of clouds.

so, I refute the "this must be created by chemtrails!" argument made by someone else earlier.

here is a link to a page that explains how these (and other) bizarre clouds form:
Look at these amazing clouds described by Physics!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
wow those pictures look amazing!

they remind me of the scene in independence day where the ships arrive in the earth's atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

A "chemtrail" is a paranoid delusion.

There is no such thing as a "chemtrail".

Please refer to the following threads:

Chemtrails? Need help?

Contrail Chemtrail Research Thread

The Chemtrail Hoax

Are these proof of Chemtrails or Contrails?

Chemtrail believers - I challenge you to debunk contrail science

Contrails: Understanding why they aren’t chemtrails

The Chemtrail Myth

This is not a chemtrail! Atmospheric Phenomenon explained

Why the Chemtrail Conspiracy is Implausible & Meteorologically Inaccurate

The Astounding Effect Of Contrails On Climate

How To Forecast Using Clouds Part 1

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

Sorry but your link shows nothing of the sort from the OP. None of the images you show match what the OP shows. Also, Physics has nothing to do with clouds?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join