It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Follow the Islamic way to save the world,' Prince Charles urges environmentalists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well for me and this is just my opinion...religion for people reminds me of a scene from Men in Black...the one where he opens the locker door and there are are all these little fury creatures that all praise .(.wish I could remember the words they said...but in the little world of the locker...they all hailed and thanked Will Smith !!lol....religion reminds me of that lol..the human mind has so much potential...people worship anything that seems a bit big..even a lot big...just unfortunately they look to books and what someone has said!!...I reckon most people are ignorant....lol

And that Prince Charles ...well he is as daft as the lowest intelligence on this earth!!lol

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I apologize if there was any misunderstanding on my part. Thank you for the link. I added it in the main post, and in the secondary post.

The speech in it's complete form is a very interesting read and listen (listening to it now, it's 51 minutes long) - though I still come back to the same question.

Will his speech be seen as a weakness or a strength?

And what lines are he crossing? Lines of his own self proclaimed belief system?

He might not be encouraging others to convert, but, he surely is encouraging and advocating others to follow the practices of Islam.

One in the same that...

peace

[edit on 10-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

This has nothing to do with Muslims, no-one is being anti-Muslim.
It has everything to do with Charles the person.
Charles is the Heir Apparent to the throne of the United Kingdom.
One of the titles he will inherit is 'Defender Of THE Faith'.
By advocating conversion to Islam for environmental reasons is not Defending The Faith.

If he wanted to highlight the environmental dangers this world faces he could have done quite easily without pandering to ANY religion.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Mm. An empty taxi just pulled up and your words got out ... he isn't advocating we all convert to Islam. You haven't read his speech, have you ? Did you even read the Daily Mail article ?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Pope himself has openly kissed the Koran before. It's called respect, nothing more nothing less. If more saw the good side of each others religions instead of what the politics of religion tell you to see, the world would be in much better shape right now.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Yes, I have read it.
By suggesting we all take a more Islamic approach suggests or implies conversion to Islam.

But that is a moot point.

Charles could quite easily gave an eco awareness speech that appealed to all religions and even atheists and agnostics.
A topic like that affects each and every one of us regardless of personal belief.
That he chose to highlight one particular religion, to the exclusion of all others, suggests either a personal affinity or an attempt to appease and make that particular audience feel special and somewhat superior or better than followers of other religions.

Global issues like the environment should NEVER be tied to any, one religion.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Prince Charles is one of the most pampered individuals on the planet, he has absolutely no idea how the people of Britain live, I'm sick of the lot of them, what with Fergie taking backhanders and living in a house paid for by the public, something is seriously wrong. Get rid of the lot of them, bunch of good for nothing scroungers

How will the austerity measures be effecting Charles I wonder?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
The Pope himself has openly kissed the Koran before. It's called respect, nothing more nothing less. If more saw the good side of each others religions instead of what the politics of religion tell you to see, the world would be in much better shape right now.

Yeah, and if the world grew up and did away with religion all together, it would be in even better shape

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join