It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Follow the Islamic way to save the world,' Prince Charles urges environmentalists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

'Follow the Islamic way to save the world,' Prince Charles urges environmentalists

www.dailymail.co.uk

Prince Charles yesterday urged the world to follow Islamic 'spiritual principles' in order to protect the environment.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
He added:

My understanding of Islam is that it warns that to deny the reality of our inner being leads to an inner darkness which can quickly extend outwards into the world of Nature. If we ignore the calling of the soul, then we destroy Nature.

From what I know of the Qu’ran, again and again it describes the natural world as the handiwork of a unitary benevolent power. It very explicitly describes Nature as possessing an “intelligibility” and that there is no separation between Man and Nature, precisely because there is no separation between the natural world and God.

(see new link below)

Regardless of his audience (Islamic studies scholars at Oxford) should the Prince, as the next Christian leader of the Church of England, be referencing Islamic tradition, quoting the Quran and encouraging youths to follow Muslim ways?

Will this speech be seen as a weakness by Islamic leaders? Because pigs will fly before you hear the leader of a Muslim country quoting the Bible and admonishing students to follow the ways of Christ...

What ties do the Royal Family have to Islam, if any?

Like Freeborn says:

If he wanted to highlight the environmental dangers this world faces he could have done quite easily without pandering to ANY religion.

peace

EDIT TO ADD:

Thank you Ulala for the following link containing the full speech made by Prince Charles, in text and video form.

Prince of Wales speech - Islam and the environment

[edit on 10-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The man is an anachronism.
His opinions are irrelevant and he is as far out of touch with ordinary, everyday British people as can be.

If he succeds his mother to the throne then it will be the death knell for the monarchy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That's kinda sketchy eh?

Considering the problem with Islam in the UK right now in regards to immigration and what not, he's not doing himself, the government or the royal family any favors by advocating Islam.

I'm a bit ignorant on how the Koran or Islam views the environment, so I can't really comment on whether Islam is better on that mark then other religions.

Very interesting. Perhaps he was just catering to his audience?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I was under the impression that since he divorced Diana that the next in line is one of there sons?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am of dirt worshiping, tree hugging decent..

I'd be interested in learning how Islam is better for the environment..

[edit on 10-6-2010 by broahes]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I often think that our....UK..polititions and perhapes the Royals are closet Muslims....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I was under the impression that since he divorced Diana that the next in line is one of there sons?

Charles is the next in line.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The royal family are nothing more than lizard beards. Its like the worst DNA and traits of humanity have been preserved by this bloodline.

Nevermind the fact they all are german, nevermind the fact they all look down on us but yet rape the public purse, nevermind they had Diana (herself an idiot) killed to preserve their secret dealings and also nevermind the fact that they all look like "Mr potato heads" because of their incestuous behaviour BECAUSE! They are always wrong about everything....

The king is dead, long live the PEOPLE!.........

[edit on 10-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Prince Charlies is a bit odd and now seems to add "appeaser" to his list of titles. This was stupid.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
I am of dirt worshiping, tree hugging decent..

I'd be interested in learning how Islam is better for the environment..

[edit on 10-6-2010 by broahes]

I agree broaches, that's how I was raised, to love the trees and eat the dirt

I don't know how any religion could be better than that mentality.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

No, Charles is still Heir Apparent, then come his two sons, William and Harry.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Whether it comes from the Koran or not shouldn't be the issue.
The environment is the issue.
I am not sure either about the Islam view on it but as long as it helps us rid ourselves of all the destruction that mankind is guilty of then I am all for it.

Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Just for the record...I dislike the royal family and am cautious about anything they say.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Has Prince Charles ever done anything in his entire life that isn't blatantly and cheaply following his own obvious self-interest? - I'm only American, and not up on the royals, so maybe y'all can advise me of his Christlike self-abnegation moments - but until I hear of such, I am reluctant to take his advice as a guru of any path other than what-about-me-satanic self-concern...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Maybe he has just kissed and made up with Mr Fayed?..or maybe he is just kissing bottom for the fact Islam is now a force to be reckoned with in the UK!!..and just preparing the ground lol

I reckon the Fench had the right idea with "Madam Guilotine"...
Personally I resent these parasites...and through years of inbreeding I reckon it sends them daft!!..and because they are so divorced from reality the just spout any garbage that the think they can get awaywith or furthers and maintains their position!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
If he succeds his mother to the throne then it will be the death knell for the monarchy.

Then we can only hope that he will succeed his mother. Hereditary monarchy is an archaic and stupid tradition. It never ensured good leadership, but at least it was understandable in the old days when people were superstitious enough to believe the monarchs were "appointed by God."

In todays world, its inexcusably backwards.

Of course in America we arent that much better. We create celebrities to idolize and gossip over, so it seems miserable humans need to have some shining figure upon which they can focus their gaze in adoration and/or scorn. At least we can fire ours at will, though.

If you need a soap opera to watch, you certainly dont need to have a monarchy. You just just hire actors.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Prince Charles yesterday urged the world to follow Islamic 'spiritual principles' in order to protect the environment.

Right whatever, Prince the beast, you mean to cover up womens faces by wearing an hijab?

I now say for the last time, islam will take over eupore, and it wont be pretty, i hate how some ATS members support them, makes me sick, if you want to live in the dark ages, then please be free to do so, if not

then move on forward to the future.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's not about The Royal Family as such, you get good and bad and people of varying intelligence everywhere.
Charles is a self-serving, upper class twit with absolutely no understanding of the cares and concerns of everyday people, despite what he himself may feel.

He may well be well intentioned in his attempt to highlight environmental issues, but he just comes across as a pompous arse whose only interest in trying to placate and please those he is addressing at any given time; if it had been a Jewish audience he would have tailored the speech to suit them.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
One of the basics of Islam is that humanity itself is of the environment, which was created by God. Islam doesn't separate humanity from the environment so in that sense we are part of the natural order & ought to take great care in the things we do which may adversely affect our environment. And Islam also promotes community over individualism, which should in theory clip the wings of those who seek to exploit the environment to the detriment of everyone else.

Where I have problems with the Prince of Wales is that he mentions none of the very many man made environmental catastrophes which have blighted predominately Muslim countries. He's a bit lofty with his idealism, Prince Charles.

But it's an interesting speech and I'm not as quick to condemn him as many others here would.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Aye!! thats about the size it...from what I have heard he is very good with plant and has very good intentions re the environment...but regardshis understanding of his realm and subjects...I don't think he has a clue..he should live a few months in Burnley or Longsighte(Manchester)..with no job on the dole in a bedsit!!...on his own...that would intrduce him to the real world!lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join