It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Follow the Islamic way to save the world,' Prince Charles urges environmentalists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I must remeber to use the spell checker..please excuse the spelling..I am not the best at posting !!lol

Was that more that one line? ..don't want the Mods giving me a hard time lol

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It would seem to be an admirable (and rare) attempt to say something positive about Islam.
I applaud his efforts to show that the religion can be integrated into our society instead of just wanting to nuke it.
However, judging by the photo's, his delivery is a little off!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think it might be helpful if, instead of reading the Daily Mail's spin, that you read the speech in full. Or watch it at the following link.

And then comment on what he says. That way the thread gains more credibility, becomes more interesting, thoughtful ... instead of a cheap "Charles is a twit" fest from wwhich we all learn nothing.

Prince of Wales speech - Islam and the environment

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
thats enough.. im offended..

i follow the church of england.. and the heir to the throne of england is supporting islam..

not only this but hes urging people to convert in a christian nation...

this is wrong.. ii call jihad.. its cumin naaaa.. wait!

E.D.L..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I think it might be helpful if, instead of reading the Daily Mail's spin, that you read the speech in full. Or watch it at the following link.

The quotes are the same. He said it. It's quoited. He's the source.

No 'spin', just facts - being: The Prince, who is next in line to be the head of the Christian Church in England, and professes to be a Christian, is quoting the Quran, and, admonishing others to follow the ways of Islam (though that may be taken as a stretch it's still the truth).

My question followed - sans 'Twit': What are the ties between Islam and the Royal Family, if any.

Nothing tabloid or misleading in ANY of the above, so climb down off your hobbyhorse.

peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well..read a lot of that ...very inspiring and true ...however, the problem is, the westerners greed, some peoples interpretation of the Quran..and above all poverty, put that lot together .....it won't work ..because as far as I am concerned ...there is far too much that is the human virus to get over to save mother earth..at this point...because at the end of the day he should travel the UK, the Nigerian oil fields garbage Islands..the amount of wars that are being fought under a religious banners..all that crap !!

These people go visit places and there is a media show to make everything look fine and dandy ....because ...its his Highness the prince of Wales..but he never sees the truth...because if he did ..he would be very, very upset...the royals rarely see the real world !!..and thats why they spout stuff that has no connection to the real world ...these buggers live in their own!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

It would seem to be an admirable (and rare) attempt to say something positive about Islam.
I applaud his efforts to show that the religion can be integrated into our society instead of just wanting to nuke it.

Exactly my opinion. I wish my opinion counted, but alas, it does not in this case.

What matters is these are pretty heated times and as the Prince is a leader of a Nation that professes to be Christian. At this moment in history - was it this a smart move?

One thing that can be said for Islams - you wouldn't find one of their leaders quoting the Bible and admonishing a group of students to follow the teaching of Christ.

So, will the Prince be ridiculed for this (by Islams and Christians alike)?

Will it be only you and I and others of like mind that applaud him?

Thank you so much for your post,

peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I remember when he told us to become vegetarian. This guy lives in his own little world.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't understand what you mean by hobbyhorse. But my experience of the UK and its media leads me to think not everything written in the Daily Mail can entirely be trusted. So it's better to read it from the horse's mouth and I've linked you to it. Perhaps you might now have something more substantial to say.

As to your question, Prince Charles has expressed a desire to become "Defender of Faith" at his coronation, rather than Defender of the Faith (i.e. Christian, protestant) i.e. a more inclusive role. Perhaps his motivation for this speech and his interest in all things non Christian relates to that desire he has.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So what if he praises Islam? What are you all Islam phobic?

My problem with monarchy is you could have an absolute retard as your head of state for the rest of their lives. You have to feed them, give them servants, keep them in a castle and the public is forced to treat an entire family like people live in Beverly Hills. It's bad enough we have morons that serve for 8 years, I couldn't imagine 50.

And yes I know they don't have any role in the legislative process, they are only symbolic and mooches.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
double post.

giggidy giggidy giggidy!

[edit on 6/10/10 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"One thing that can be said for Islams - you wouldn't find one of their leaders quoting the Bible and admonishing a group of students to follow the teaching of Christ."

LOL...definately not...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Our ancestors slaughtered, divided, raped, pillaged, forced the Bible, forced our culture and ways on the people who respected mother nature the most. These people were the most intouch with mother nature and were the once very proud and very spiritual aboriginal people of America. No way will I take anything from the British Royal family seriously.. especially when the 'Prince' mentions one should follow one of the three monotheistic religions to save our planet. If you want to save the planet, I suggest you don't be part of any of the bloodiest/aggreesive/murdering/dividing monotheistic religions.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Nobody in the UK actually listens to a word that comes out of the inbred retards mouth!
Do they

I personally don't have a problem with Islam, no more than I have with every organised religion, but for Charlie boy to come out and run off at the mouth again for Islam just reinforces my resolve to stay well away.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
WTF!? Why the hell should it matter where the message came from?
The message was a good one, and it could've come from Adolph Hitler and it wouldn't have made it any less meaningful. OOOoh noooes the muslims are coming to get us Prince Charles is a muslim lover, he must be working with them becuase he read a quote from the Koran DESPITE THE FACT HE WAS ADRESSING A MUSLIM CROWD! Are You Serious?!?! Grow up, you make other conspiracy theorists look lke ignorant scared little people/

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

But he is a twit, you could even replace the vowel with another one and still describe him, possibly more accurately.

As I said he maybe well intentioned.
But it was tailored specifically for his audience and solely to appease them.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Is it possible to somehow skip over him and have William or Harry become monarch instead?

Prince Charlie has never been popular with me. He seems like a big jackass, he should be more like his mother instead.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Are You Serious?!?!

Yes, I'm serious.

The first time I read/listen to a speech given by an Islamic leader, that admonishes students to read the Bible and follow the ways of Christ - then we might have something to debate.

...you make other conspiracy theorists look lke ignorant scared little people/

Oh! I'll take that as a compliment! Thank you...

peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, maybe Charles should open up his Church of England issued King James Bible and read about Jesus declaring that there are essentially 2 commandments:
1. Love God with all your being
2. Love your neighbor.

Furthermore, he will discover in Genesis that God created the Earth and all living things on it and declared that they were good. Generally, when you love someone, you take special care not to destroy their possessions... sounds like a ringing endorsement to take good care of Earth to me (something which, sadly, people from all religions, creeds, faiths, and walks of life have miserably failed to do.)

Aside from most of Islam accepting the morality of elective contraception methods, I don't see much difference between the 3 Abrahamic faiths in regards to environmental responsibility. In fact, aside from the Catholic Church and a handfull of more puritanical sects, the same could be said for the Christian faith.

Let's be honest, though, no religion outside of perhaps the Wiccans can lay claim to truly doing all they can to protect the environment. Even India with majority Hindu and Buddhist, religions which lay claim to very strong ties with nature, have tested atomic weapons and have practiced overpopulation and overuse of resources.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
One thing that can be said for Islams - you wouldn't find one of their leaders quoting the Bible and admonishing a group of students to follow the teaching of Christ.

Um. Jesus is an Islamic prophet, the "Islams" ... (why do you call them Islams rather than Muslims anyway ?) ... the "Islams" regard Jesus as one of their own i.e. a Muslim. They believe Jesus was born of a virgin, that he preached & performed miracles by the Grace of God, that he ascended alive to Heaven and will return again at judgment time. They especially believe Jesus was chosen to preach the will of God to the children of Israel (the Jews), that God sent him to preach a new Gospel and to declare the truth of the Torah.

Jesus is regarded by Muslims as the righteous messenger of God. That's what Muslims are taught ... yes, Muslims are routinely taught about Jesus, to listen to and be guided by what Jesus said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join