It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel would SINK Turkish PM's ship..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So will this be the overall predicted beginning of the "reduction" ? Perfect Time Fit.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

Maybe, but its the Israeli Airforce they would have to worry about..
They have some good jets courtesy of Uncle Sam.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Israel needs to be disarmed or destroyed. They have gone rogue and the current regime needs replaced.

The sooner we can neutralize that belligerent little state the better.

Israel is a threat to our interests in the region.

As far as I can gather, Israel IS our interests in the region. There is no country in the middle east that is nearly as prepared and westernized. We attempted to claim Saudi Arabia as a close friend and ally, and when that dematerialized, we were left with Israel alone and Egypt as a relatively apprehensive second, and now with the troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and (granted) smaller groups of troops in the region, foreign military aid not all that far away, we have the perfect storm.

Look at how silly Iran has acted the past few years, knowing full well what these actions would lead too...

It's all a game, it really is, and things are going to go down pretty heavy soon enough. I suppose that is reason enough I should not hope for war sooner or later, but regardless, it's fabricated and planned to the fullest extent, it'll be here soon enough, and perhaps I've spent too much time here or there, read too many "what if's", but I'm plainly sick of it, especially the last decade or so...I'm prepared in all aspects for SHTF and situation X combined, let it happen already.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Maybe, but its the Israeli Airforce they would have to worry about..
They have some good jets courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Not only that, they can outfly our pilots without trouble, I have been told this numerous times by those with the means and experience to make such claims.

If you look at the history of Israel, it's economy and very existence, and it's relation to us, it become apparent that they have access to, and experience, with 90% of the modern US arsenal and military technology, including the stuff even we at ATS don't know about. Even at 90%, that is leaps and bounds beyond anything else in the area.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Turkey has a very large air-force and access to the new JSF (which Turkey helped develop), if I recall correctly. Turkey are members of NATO and have been importing NATO technology for quite some time.

Last I read, they even had upgraded tanks on par with those of the US and Brittan. They're technologically on the same footing as Israel with a significant numerical advantage.

The Turkish Navy is numerically superior to Israel, so is their air-force, and ground troops.

JSF = NATO designed 'Joint Strike Fighter'; Israel does not have it. They rely on slightly older technology for their air-force. Turkey owns roughly 120 JSF's with possible stealth technology, not to mention various other fighter planes that have, until just recently, been the pinnacle of aviation envy.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong but Turkey hasn't got any Aircraft Carriers,

Therefore their planes wouldn't make it there in time if Israel attacked.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Correct. However if an all out war broke out, Israel wouldn't have their carriers for long. They'd be a prime target. And if Turkey were to make a deal with Egypt (which, in the event of a war, seems likely), then that issue becomes mute.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Turkey looks great on paper, I will grant that without a doubt. Turkey has a highly advanced military operation.

I would however, without question, state that it would not be a huge problem for Israel.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Maybe, but I was just refering to the initial attempt at breaking the blockade,

Have you read this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Actually I'm pretty sure Israel doesn't have any Carriers either.

I was refering to lande based planes if the fight was near Gaza.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

Israel's biggest problem is not fighting another force,
it's defending Israel...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

I'd counter your argument with this. Turkey is a member of NATO and therefore, by ratified treaties, if war does break out, Turkey will have the full support of NATO. Which would put the US in a bad position as we are ALSO members of NATO.

Let me be clear about this. If Turkey and Israel go to war, rest assured, it IS the beginning of WW-III. No way around it.

And yes, I've read the provided thread on Israel asking for US arms. The US must walk carefully here. Giving aid (specifically, militarily) to a country which is on the verge of war with NATO could be seen by NATO as an act against the group.

Nobody will win as we'll blow everyone to hell and back and be given the same kind gesture in return.

I think Israel has 1 carrier, maybe 2. Don't hold me to that though. I'm not sure if they do or not. For some reason, I think they do. Time to Google-fu.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Agreed, I posted in that thread about the US/NATO/Turkey conflict...

As an outsider, if war did break out, the only way I see to stop it becoming WW111 would be for the US to step back and let Israel fall..

I dont want a war but that seems the only way it would stop.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

That would be the ONLY way to prevent WW-III. The US can't afford to leave NATO and we'd have a huge conflict. We, the USA, would have to step back and watch Israel collapse. However we KNOW it would become nuclear. And we WILL be drawn into it at some point.

No way around it. It will be WW-III.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker-Mtl

reply to post by Rocker-Mtl

Sorry I just fixed the link in my last post.
Read it, amazing what they say....

Thanks off to read it and comment Back

Well what to say ???? This link is a very good example of the Attitude Israel has , they want to control every aspect of their supposed investigation with soldiers answering but to the ones that sent them !
the panel would lack powers such as the right to issue subpoenas, and that its recommendations would not be binding. LOL whats the use except a show to cloud the eyes
Israel is set to accept a plan under which it would ease the blockade in return for the international community agreeing to a limited probe into the raid. Duhhhhhhh What do they take us for Idiots ?
France has suggested the European Union inspect the cargoes of ships heading to Gaza as well as maintain a presence at the Rafah border crossing with Egypt. This is one question Anderson cooper asked about and and they Israel will not accept that .....
So basically everything they said is Total Bull and let the people forget as usual (other stuff going on oil spill etc)
And as usual they want the USA to back them up as usual, they usually do...
I honestly Think the Time has come that Something has to happen , and that the US and UN stop backing up Israel and Immediate and Harsh actions be taken against Israel since they seem to think they can control and keep everyone Hostage and or Accomplices to all their wishes !

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Agreed, I posted in that thread about the US/NATO/Turkey conflict...

As an outsider, if war did break out, the only way I see to stop it becoming WW111 would be for the US to step back and let Israel fall..

I dont want a war but that seems the only way it would stop.

That my Friend is Probably the Only Real Option to an End to all this !

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

BTW Googled, they have no Carriers although they are thinking about one.

Ya know, some have said where I live is the promised land.

I'm in the Southern hemisphere, in Australia, at the bottom end...

Maybe I'll live through this...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Turkish Aircraft Carrier:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Well, I'm totally screwed. I live in the United States. In Nevada, specifically. Rest assured though that in true American fashion, if we burn, the entire world burns. It's just how we roll.

reply to post by cushycrux

Yep. Israel is really screwed if they go to war with Turkey. It is an endgame. I know for a fact the Israeli Navy would be decimated after the first two, or three engagements. And their air-forces wouldn't be far behind. Almost equal technology yet Turkey holds a significant numerical advantage. Odds in favor of Turkey on all counts.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Thanks mate...

I can always learn

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join