It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman on NOW! June 9 at 9 PM CST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ok for all you space buffs Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman is comming on right now. Should be a great new show.

Science Channel

Will discuss here after the show!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Truly excellent show. This will be a major feature for the Science channel.

I don't even know where to start.

The doctor with the "God helmet", a cap with an electromagnet concentrated on a certain area of the temporal lobe in the right hemisphere, whom I also saw on a Smithsonian channel show about the Exorcist, is doing amazing work. He is single handedly proving that religious experiences (such as being touched by God) and alien abductions are all happening within your own mind.

And the beach bum academic who thought of E8 and is working on the unified theory of everything -- absolutely mind blowing. If this was ever proven to be true, humanity would have to take a deep breath, pause, and be still for once. If the answers to how the universe works were uncovered, we could stop focusing on religion and other endless pursuits that will amount to nothing, and start concentrating on the technologies required to build interstellar space ships and explore the universe. • Here's an analogy: a baby in his crib. He does not know about the physical world and how to make use of it to his advantage. His only perspective is from being inside the crib, and while there he learns as much as he can about the outside world by taking in his surroundings. Eventually he grows up and can step outside the crib and begin walking. Walking soon becomes running, kindergarten becomes college, and soon he has a career and takes his place among the rest of society. --- Once we understand how the universe works we can step out of our cribs and finally begin exploring it. Once you know the mind of the universe, there is nothing really beyond that. Now you have to stop running around, be still for a moment, and then come out of your long slumber. You need to stop living a life based on religious pretext because you think you are going to go somewhere when you die. Understand life for what it is, and make the best of it. Explore your world and the vast universe that surrounds you. Take humanity to the next level.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Ok for all you space buffs Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman is comming on right now. Should be a great new show.

Science Channel
Will discuss here after the show!

---
Way too metaphysical for my tastes, especially the loon toward the end who suggests reality might be something akin to a computer simulation. I thought I was going to hear that the solar system might be a atom in some creature's big toe, like some spaced out Hippie from the 60s might have suggested........Like wow...cool man....

Also, I'm not sure Morgan Freeman (& his ear ring) is the best choice for a host, although I'll give him one or two more shows before I decide.

Let's hope it gets better, because it couldn't have started out much worse.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Maybe the whole "God Helmet" type of experience is what is in store for us in 2012? Is it possible that a solar flare could duplicate this effect? Imagine what could happen if every single person had this life changing experience and put this newfound knowledge to good use?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
video.google.com...#

Originally posted by jlmB70
I'm not sure Morgan Freeman (& his ear ring) is the best choice for a host, although I'll give him one or two more shows before I decide.

...whats his earring got to do with anything?... lol... my goodness... that video link up there is charlie rose interviewing morgan freeman about this new series... it might clue you in on some things or it might not...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Does anyone know of a website where I can stream this series? Unfortunately I don't get this channel

EDIT: Found an upload on YT.

For anyone interested: www.youtube.com.../u

All 5 parts are uploaded by this user.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ThePope]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirJustin
Maybe the whole "God Helmet" type of experience is what is in store for us in 2012? Is it possible that a solar flare could duplicate this effect? Imagine what could happen if every single person had this life changing experience and put this newfound knowledge to good use?

-----
Imagine what would have happened if Robert E. Lee had a wing of B-52s......

Seriously, the only (but rather important) problem with the "God Helmet" scenario is that you have to wear a "God Helmet" in order to have the experience. Highly dubious, at least until somebody comes up with a stimulus that doesn't involve wearing a wired football helmet while being blindfolded in a locked, dark room for an hour or two.

Also, the subject, a young female, seemed very passive and prone to manipulation. Typical of most young females, but probably not what you want for an experiment of this sort, unless you're wanting this outcome. If they had tested me, the conclusion would likely have been that if you lock somebody in a dark room & pulse their head with magnetic forces for two hours, you end up with a sleepy guy with a magnetized brain.......possibly interesting to the researchers, but hardly God-like.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
video.google.com...#

I'm not sure Morgan Freeman (& his ear ring) is the best choice for a host, although I'll give him one or two more shows before I decide.

...whats his earring got to do with anything?... lol... my goodness... that video link up there is charlie rose interviewing morgan freeman about this new series... it might clue you in on some things or it might not...

-----
Earrings are just like tattoos to me & consequently, they don't project the sort of image I personally think a show like this demands.....but that's just me, your mileage may vary.

Charlie Rose couldn't clue me in on anything, but especially anything astronomically related. I've been an amateur astronomer for 40 years & during my college years took numerous advanced level astronomy & physics courses. I've also kept abreast of recent developments in astronomy, astrophysics & cosmology & in addition, have a very nice, very current personal astronomy library.

Charlie Rose....clue me in....I think not....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Also, the subject, a young female, seemed very passive and prone to manipulation. Typical of most young females, but probably not what you want for an experiment of this sort, unless you're wanting this outcome. If they had tested me, the conclusion would likely have been that if you lock somebody in a dark room & pulse their head with magnetic forces for two hours, you end up with a sleepy guy with a magnetized brain.......possibly interesting to the researchers, but hardly God-like.

I agree with you that the subject for the God Helmet experiment didn't seem like the best suitable candidate. The researcher however did say that she exhibited a classic reaction so I guess what she was telling us is typical of the majority research subjects.

I think the whole experiment could be influenced by suggestion as they are told what they are going to be feeling and what the outcome should be like. Then they are left alone with their thoughts for a couple of hours. Seems like the outcome is inevitable.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CDN King
I think the whole experiment could be influenced by suggestion as they are told what they are going to be feeling and what the outcome should be like. Then they are left alone with their thoughts for a couple of hours. Seems like the outcome is inevitable.

You're absolutely wrong. The researchers said they revealed nothing about the experiment to the subjects, other than say it is an experiment in relaxation. They did not mention before or after the girl was done that they are trying to summon entities in her brain. But they did say after the test was over (and after the girl mentioned she had seen entities in her upper vision field) that the magnet on the helmet stimulates the part of the brain responsible for that, the temporal lobe in the right hemisphere.

top topics

join