It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Lessons from God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The Logic Of God

Alright, so today I was reading a textbook for my psych class. Now granted some students, including myself, have found psych books to house information that is true, but not always complete. A man named Victor Frankl, who wrote the book
Man's Search for Meaning.
He said that

"examining the finiteness of our existence and the certainty of death adds meaning to life."

Then it all just hit me with a swift motion. That’s why religion works. People blindly follow religion because it gives meaning to our lives, so that we don’t have to learn or understand its meaning individually. We are made to believe that abandoning this or that particular religion will make us lose our meaning for life. Are we so gullible that we would doubt ourselves of our own identity? Or is it that we’ve become lazy? We don’t want to exploit the religious tools that parade in front of us and actually find meaning in ourselves. It is the perfectly subtle fear-mongering machine. It even brings wars along with it, so there will be large profits made for its rulers!

This same author mentions that if life were not finite, we could spend our lives doing whatever we wanted because time would continue forever. But what this author does not consider is that we are not finite, because our souls do not die when our body’s fail. These bodies are just vessels, as mentioned many times in religious texts such as in the Bible.

2 Corinthians
[4] But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, [5] that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

or 1 Thessalonians
4:4 Each one of you should know how to possess his vessel. Should restrain his bodily desires, and make even his appetites holy.

I would like to invite people to find themselves. We are lost right now, and the task is so simple: find out who you are.

So I thought, how would people react if they knew they were all just parts of God? Not claiming that each of us is gods, but we're each God. Get it? If everybody just suddenly – zip- knew it. I don’t think a lot of us would be able to take it right now, because many of us have sold our eternal souls for money and material possessions. Our obsessions with the physical world are what keep us here. There is no such thing as death in our Reality, because energy is never destroyed, but transferred.

Why would we look towards death as a certain goal, if we can live even after our worldly bodies cease to function? Many religions believe in afterlife… how does this fit with the logic of your God? It does not fit with my logic at all, and if it does not fit with yours… are you thinking yet?

To then tie this in with our great country, America, I would like to point something I found in my history textbook. (Sorry, I gotta find some way to remember these boring courses.) In the book, it is pointed out that the early Sudanic kingdom of Ghana flourished for nearly 1000 years! But when the kingdom came toppling down, it is speculated that “the empire had incorporated so many different peoples that it lost its cohesion.” Coincidence? I think not.

In Protoplasmic Traveler’s extremely well-known post All Roads Lead to Rome (which I would suggest any ATS member to read ASAP) He addresses the divide & conquer outlook. If a country invites any nationality to live within its borders, no matter how enticing the “freedoms” presented appear, that country has naturally become easier to conquer.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There is division within it and all through it. Instead of having war-torn countries from cultures already in conflict, a country is created where this division is subtly encouraged. Then the masses of people are “dumbed down” through use and abuse of media images, fluoridated water supplies, contaminated food, and corrupted justice. All controlled through money, which all these nationalities have just placed their faith in upon becoming a citizen. Who controls the money? Who do you think? The people that control what we depend on. If it is offered as a privilege, even cancer becomes a treat for the people who yearn for freedom. But how can you attain freedom while trapping your mind in the societal box which blinds you from the world’s truths?
All this said I basically wanna know… where’s the love?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hello,
Interesting.

I often consider myself an atom; like a blood cell in the body of the universe. By acknowledging this, I realize I'm not any more important than my neighbor, or a stranger I'll never meet.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That's a really good analogy loveguy. Thanks for the feedback.

Many people consider themselves higher or holier than others because of there beliefs, but these beliefs only confirm how equal and alike we all really are.

Instead of finding meaning in life through death, we could all benefit from finding meaning in life through the understanding of equality and individuality. Some might try to find contradictions in my words, but its should be noted that many things in life we take for granted either have no proof of belonging to "Reality" and hold plain contradictions within them. This doesn't confirm duality to me, it just confirms that everything is one. Everything belongs to the infinite circular patterns of life.

Although it would be considered a contradiction, God can sin if one looks at things realistically. Even God contains contradictions. Benevolent and fear-striking, omnipresent and "invisible".
So why could we not be God?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Uhmm... I believe that the bible DEFINETELY does NOT teach that the human soul is eternal (wich would open the posibility of humans being god-like...) But since you said that it is.... would you care to show the apropriate texts where it states we'll life forever after death?

This isn't meant to bash but instead to learn why lots of people believe a human soul is eternal... after wich I'll try to put in my 2cents...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

I was always taught, as a younger person, that when you die you can attain eternal salvation through Jesus Christ and live in Heaven forever.

As it stands now though, I believe in an entirely different and a bit more complex outlook on the afterlife.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You mention that energy cannot be destroyed only changed... I assume you do mean the soul or spirit as it was origionaly intended.
My question is this, how do you know the spirit or soul is energy? Have we found a way to measure it? The fact is, we don't KNOW what the soul, spirit or conscious really even is, so how can we justify that it can really extend a materal death?
I have my own beliefs about this, but how would you explain it?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by westlink

That's a very good question and I cannot say that I know this for sure.
Then again, what does anyone know for sure?
But everything that we can observe in "Reality" is composed of energy. Whether it be potential/kinetic or some other type.

I would think that since the physical realm follows these universal guidelines, the spiritual world would too.

Does this answer your question?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Perhaps I should rephrase. Because we still don't know how much energy is in the universe. We could easly say it is infinite(which energy would have to be, to never be destroyed) how can we know if can destroy it? Potential energy could be the lack of current energy. Where Kinetic is observed. So how can we say that in order for potential energy to become kinetic, it was not created? And when the energy stops and become potential it dissapates or is destroyed?

We can watch the effects of energy, but not the energy itself. I don't think we can justify that just because p.e. = m × g × h and k.e. = 1/2m × v2, we can say we know what happens to the energy itself.
So my point is whith out having a starting point for how much energy there is, we can't know if it is being destroyed.

I hope that made sense... really tired lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by westlink

sorry it took so long to repost, but yes it definitely makes sense.
scientifically, there may be no way to prove energy's creation or destruction.
but i do remember learning that the universe has always and is always expanding. i would think that this is because energy is being redistributed in greater amount. i never took physics in hs or college, but I'm guessing you could help me figure out how that works

top topics

join