It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Chicks - Episode 0.1c - Deepwater Disaster

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, I do not think this adds credence to ATS and its goal.

Yes the content on the Vid is fairly good. But the two females presenting it.

Come on, they lack confidence and believability. Could of got a better choice of females to really give the video some real feel of quality. Too bad really. They are going to undermine the content of future videos and potentially impact the news could have. Unless ATS is going for the comedic approach then maybe it can get by with it. But it will not convince those who are skeptical and or not into conspiracy type topics. So basically everyone else in the world who doesnt read ATS.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
I wanted to like it, I really did...
But...I didn't really, so hopefully my criticisms are welcomed.
1. Too much of a " the week in review" type show. I read ats daily, I don't need (or tolerate well) an endless recap.
2. Find whoever taught Obama to read a teleprompter and hire them! seriously I know this is in the testing phase, but more practice is needed. sorry but neither chick is ready for prime time.
3. At least a few full-screen cutaways, preferably of related video. the split screen is fine if not overdone. the thing is, it can get boring watching a talking head, regardless of it's attractiveness...unless there's burlesque involved

I do look forward to more episodes and I hope my criticism is helpful.

Agree. Perhaps the chicks could learn a thing or two from Canada's version of female truth hunters.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by truthlieshere]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by St-Patrick

The video is 720x406 but as usual it gets resized by the player.

PS: I don't know if that is the resolution you were talking about, I don't know much about video formats.

I meant using HD resolution like the Youtube HD videos.

Check this video. You will notice a big difference between the 4 resolution available.
Youtube video resolution examples

[edit on 9-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It was great! ...and very professional. You are even innocent of my greatest pet peeve with news commentators.....which is smiling and posing while reporting something sad. When people on the news are talking about the oil spill and smiling, it makes me furious! None of that here.

I would like some clarification on something. Since this will be in thread form, which someone else mentioned, what is the content of the subsequent thread to be? Are we to discuss the topics presented by the CC's?

Or is it intended to simply provide an arena for a personal critique of the CC's themselves? If so, who in their right mind would subject themselves to this show after show? Not saying Ashley and Julie aren't in their right minds.....but they are after all, human beings, and lovely ones at that.

How many members does ATS have? And suppose they all come on this thread:

500 like the way they dress. 500 don't.
500 like the way they speak. 500 don't.
500 like the topics. 500 don't.

Doesn't it seem pointless? Does it not seem this is what people are doing?

If there is to be thread participation, should maybe there be some ground rules on what areas the comments are to surround? Which do not include personal critiques of the commentators?

I personally have read some very shallow and impertinent comments on thread, and I don't look forward to seeing it show after show.

Ground rules, anyone? Should the thread discussion ... be about the topics?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by truthlieshere

This canadian girl is really good. You can see how well is she connected with what she is saying.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I would think right now, in the testing phase, ats, and the chicks themselves would (and by every indication, do) welcome feedback. First of all 90% of the feedback is positive, and only a tiny fraction of the rest is at all personal criticism.

And secondly, these topics all have threads already! If the show were a more in-depth, investigative type show, with a new or unique slant on one or two topics your idea would be great. Otherwise, we rehash the rehashed...

Peace.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Brothers and sisters, sorry for off topic.
But I think we need to go full speed ahead with this project.
And I mean in terms of visual quality, production, everything... TO THE MAXIMUM!
So I was thinking something... How about something like moneybomb?

If we can donate what we can, it could do wonders. I mean, this beta is awesome, given the limitations and everything, but, since I was lucky enough to get a job and just started, I will put some money on the side of my pay, so when someone decides to do a donation... thing, I will give what I can, to support this!!!!

If someone decides to do so, please, for the sake of everything in the universe, do more options than PayPal because I live in such a hole of a country it's not even on that basic online service.
Google Checkout and Moneybooksers are good...
Ron Paul did moneybomb revolution, Alex Jones did their studio and from a blue curtain now has a lot of flashy stuff. It visually is good. But Conspiracy Chicks can be a lot better than any of them, MSM or amateur...

And one other thing, chicks, smile, it looks very beautiful!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

S-Dog said:

So I had a thought ... along with coverage of the important topics/threads targeted at potential new ATS members, what might be a interesting idea would be to create/investigate stories specifically for the CC show. Basically an investigative segment introducing a new story for the purpose of the show.

You could investigate it yourselves, perhaps even solicit member/fsme participation and deliver an original story with every show and perhaps a companion thread for member discussion.

I thought this was constructive, and along the same lines as what you are saying. I like the idea, too.

Perhaps the CC's will make a decision about what they would like before the next show.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
what i would imply is to restict hand movement and add teleprompters instead of notes.

also maybe to stand with a wider shot for the more important points.

either way the girls/chicks did good.

just saying when you talk with your hands it is a distraction from the comunication.

take that for what it is.

u go girls! keep it up!

I guess it depends how you want to image yourself or your service, All the news services do the same things but I must admit this had a nice "down home" feel.

good luck and best wishes

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamma 49
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

This seems like a joke. Come on this a faader. You can't take them serious i wouldn't watch this if you paid me alooooooooooot of money. Should have gotten John Lear,or jessie ventura or maybe ronald Mcdonald.

I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Wow. A truly, truly great idea! If ats members could sumbit stories and the chicks could pick thier fave each week. Wow.
Every week I'd say there's at least ONE thread that is thought-provoking, even intriguing, where I learn something new. It may take alot of reading to find it, but it's always worth it. If people could hold off on posting their best stuff, submit it to the show, even do interviews if appropriate, wow...
People would tune in like crazy, just to see what in-depth feature was picked each episode...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Great first run...
The crackle has got to go, and the wide shot a must with hand talkers,
Or else it looks like there is a drowning being done off screen...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hello,

I think it was a good effort for a 'beta'.

I appreciated the objective reporting and the equality of views.

I would suggest that more view points are mentioned, as the opinions of ATS members are diverse and always provide alot of content to be discussed or atleast mentioned.

Reducing these opinions to two points, maybe for impartiality, is understandable, though it does mean that you have to fill the rest of the time with a safe but unstimulating report.

I agree with one of the previous posters on this thread, Ashley was very clear and had some 'punch' to her presentation. With all due respect, Julie on the other hand, was inaudible in the way that she sounded muffled and seemed to lack confidence in her ability.This maybe down to nerves. Give her a Scotch or two.

I think a touch of theatrics are called for, to seperate it from just another pair of newsreaders reading a tele-prompter. Retain the focus, but juice up the performance to give it that 'snap'.

All in all, congratulations for getting this baby off the ground, the future is promising.

I wish all involved success!

Skellon.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well, I've finally made it through the episode....... I say "finally" because as some of you may know, I'm pretty much deaf and depend upon lip-reading, and it takes me a bit of observing someone's patterns to really "hear" them. Curiously (to me) it took me longer to be able to understand Ashley than Julie (I'm more used to American formation of words that those from England).

Ashley, Julie, y'did great! I thought you both were very engaging, and enthusiastic and mixed humor with serious issues very well.

I don't mind hand gestures -- quite the opposite -- I think that makes you both very real and I wouldn't want you to change a thing, just continue to be yourselves; you're both a very refreshing change from the straightback newsbots that I'm used to. I think it's a brave thing to put yourself out there for our information and entertainment. You really rose to the occasion; both of you demonstrate so much energy and professionalism.

Very touching tribute to WOS at the end.

Big time kudos also to whomever did the editing and graphics -- everything flowed very seamlessly.

Looking forward to the next offerings by the Conspiracy Chicks!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is episode 0.1c

We should consider ourself lucky to do Beta testing for The Conspiracy Chicks Project.

IMO this Beta episode is not representative of the ATS website

It doesn't feel like it...

But it has great potential

A little tuning must be done before naming it episode 1

I look forward to see

The Conspiracy Chicks - Episode 1 in HD 1080p

The Chicks are both sexy

I can't decide witch one I would marry !

They both have something special

I still don't know what it is !

[edit on 9-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GakunGak
I just loooove that sexy British accent...

And Ash's HOT!
[...]

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
[...]I think I'm in love.

[...]

Originally posted by poet1b
Always go with hot chicks. What avatars are they using here on ATS?
[...]

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Great jobs ladies!
Luv both the accents, makes a man melt

[...]

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Woot..hot damn..

uh..can i say hot damn on here?

Originally posted by network dude
great job ladies. Ya'll aren't hard to look at in the least bit. [...] That accent is too sexy. I love it.

No offence Johnny, but given the choices.............

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by St-Patrick
Not bad for a first show. I would suggest recording it in 720p resolution.
Good job ladies !

YEA! with more skin........wait, was that out loud?

Sorry.

Originally posted by St-Patrick
[...]
The Chicks are both sexy

I can't decide witch one I would marry !

They both have something special

I still don't know what it is !

Just curious - because this kind of thing is going to be more prevalent the bigger this gets. What are your opinions on comments like this? (This is directed at AshleyD and asala(Julie) as well as admin and mods, and other members also).

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Just curious - because this kind of thing is going to be more prevalent the bigger this gets. What are your opinions on comments like this? (This is directed at AshleyD and asala(Julie) as well as admin and mods, and other members also).

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think comments like that are fine for people to make toward others a person feels a kinship for, as seems the case here, and as long as they are respectful and not bawdy/lewd.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My comment was not meant to be disrespectful. I commented it the same way I would comment one of my best friend work. I feel like I am part of the ATS family and I want this project to be a success story ! It is a good idea to have the official ATS Webcast.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Great pilot. Star and flag. A star for each Julie and Ashley on their first posts in this thread.

I hope this is the first of many. An idea could be to have people local to current topic items act as "On Location Reporters".

A video screen in each set so that one can speak to the other (think video teleconfrencing) You could do 30 mins of in studio tape and another 10 -15 mins on a topic of the week also another 5 minutes taking site questions. Weekly show with a primetime time.

A YouTube page may will be required plus an expansion, stand alone site on the server farm this site sits on as well. Interviews with experts, researchers, ATS members, politicians (whenever and however possible, here's being optimistic).

Behind each presenter needs to be the logos for the following :
ATS, Conspiracy Chicks, Above Network.

The set also needs to be done up in the colours of the show and the site. Title it as "The Above Network, LLC and ATS News Presents : The Conspiracy Chicks". Make a closed caption version for those who cannot hear.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join