It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Chicks - Episode 0.1c - Deepwater Disaster

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Love the vid but no mention in the vid of N Korea / S. Korea part of the "torpedo" it was a german made torpedo. In fact it did not sink the ship all drive train was intact .. how could it explode and the drive train remain intact?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
great job ladies. Ya'll aren't hard to look at in the least bit. Julie, I will probably turn you into a mute by telling you this, but try no to talk with your hands. ( I do it too) On camera, it distracts from your message. That accent is too sexy. I love it.

No offence Johnny, but given the choices.............

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
what is this a 20 minute news show? The production is great and the ladies are awesome but sadly the content was rather bleh. I almost fell asleep during the gulf segment.

The production is very good i would just recommend working on the content better. I really don't want to watch a news show, is this what it's suppose to be? I didn't see any conspiracies regarding the gulf.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I enjoyed the video and can see that a lot of work went into it. I hope that this type of venue will allow more people to be able to understand more fully the topics that were discussed. Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I gave it a shot...probably won't watch another one.

I just got nothing out of it...no new information at all. And do I almost feel a hint at agendas in reading of the "news"??? If I had to label this liberal or conservative...I would definately have to say it felt like it had more of a conservative spin on it.

I don't know...I can't just like something just because it is done by ATS...I didn't think the information was good...I didn't think the production was good...and I was really kind of bored through the whole thing. I also don't think the "recaps" of the topics were very good...I know you don't have a whole lot of time...but if I didn't already know about those topics...I think I would be more confused than anything after watching it. So it isn't geared towards the daily reader of ATS (too boring) and it isn't geared toward people that don't have previous knowledge of the topic (too general).

I'm not trying to bash anyone...just voicing my opinion.

I love ATS Live...if this could be like a video version of ATS Live...it would be great...but I don't think that is the "goal" of this show. So sorry ladies...I'll probably be sticking with ATS Live..I've heard both of you on that show...and I enjoy listening to you on there (as well as reading you on the boards)...but I just can't get into this "recap" thing with your personal "spin" on it. So not bashing the "chicks"...just don't like the format at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Not bad. Felt a little awkward. Some suggestions:

AshleyD: Keep your hands away from your face! If your hair is getting in the way it must be tamed! I respect your decision to outline your ideas and improvise the actual presentation, but I would humbly suggest you write your blurbs out fully, at least until you have a couple of shows under your belt. If nothing else, this will help the pacing of your speaking if you do decide to go off-book. If you don't have the scratch for a teleprompter, use big cue cards so you're not looking down.

Asala: Stop fidgeting! Keep your head and shoulders square in the shot so the camera operator can do their thing. Your eyes want to be parallel to the ground so he can align them with the upper third of the screen. Be aware of the angle of your face to the camera, and try to keep looking straight out. I mention this because at times you tilt your head back (breath points?) which lowers your eyes in the shot. Focus on forming your consonant sounds more strongly.

Audio: I get the impression that there are two different sets. Each has it's own sonic character. Both sets need to be deadened as much as possible. Cardboard egg packages work great for this, as well as foam rubber. Line the walls to neutralize as much echo as possible. Additionally, apply soft-knee compression to the audio track in order to normalize the levels. You may also wish to apply a slight low-pass to cut some of the ambient hiss you're picking up, though the physical dampening may mitigate this. I thought I could hear the sound of a mouse clicking on transitions. If this was intentional I don't understand it. Otherwise check your signal path and make sure you don't have any live inputs when you're editing.

Good job, and don't be discouraged. I hope these suggestions are found to be useful.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Great job. Hope there will be more.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thank you for the suggestions.
I am keeping a note of everything in order to apply it to the next segment,

As Ashely stated a page back, We do all the work ourselves, Camera,sound ect. except for the editing and what not.
We will fully take on board the suggestions, LOL goodness i really do need to sit on my hands

Im sure with each show we shall learn and get better, Thank you for your help and thanks again for taking the time to watch this soft launch.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hi asala ...

It seems that the prevailing concern from the membership is one of repetition. There is some validity to that as the present audience is already mostly familiar with the important topics/threads of the week either via participation or listening to ATS live.

So I had a thought ... along with coverage of the important topics/threads targeted at potential new ATS members, what might be a interesting idea would be to create/investigate stories specifically for the CC show. Basically an investigative segment introducing a new story for the purpose of the show.

You could investigate it yourselves, perhaps even solicit member/fsme participation and deliver an original story with every show and perhaps a companion thread for member discussion.

Just thinking out loud ... as I mentioned earlier I think you ladies did a terrific job. But I think there is merit to the idea of generating new content specifically for the show thus giving the audience something "new" to look forward to building up to every show.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
my ADVISE:

i have to add that you guys did great with the beta, i think though that your looks aren't going to be enough to hold the audience, try to seduce us with information first, if you ever read an addicting blog or website then you will know what i mean! throughly research your topics, and i mean THROUGHLY, and focus on a few main topics in a show, and keep the show around 10-15 minutes short and give us all the views, information and arguments on both sides of the topic, and try to prioritize your information with points that would receive more airtime and the sub points that you mention later, i.e. more significant and less significant points.

also i think the intro music is lame, i like the tune but it dosent go with what the show could be that cool factor, the tune it gives it a goof factor, i didnt get a comfortable vibe if this intro were to be presented on youtube( would recieve lots of petty insults)or the mainstream, esp with those weird pictures of news host and politicians, the msm might be like 'is that how these nuts view always view the politicians,news host' as if we had a self created mental bias.

i would rather have more engaging music in the intro, although i have to admit i listen to lots of music, use artist with political vocals, or classical music, or unusual music, electronic, even rock and some beats would give the show more vibrancy and a different intro, instead of goofy looking. show the dark mysteriouse versions of obama, and the other talking heads.

also when you guys frame pictures with the purple and green "spill" effect it kinda covers up the pic which may be intentional, but if you were to present pictures on a conspiracy site i dont think its good to cover up any part of a pic. just highlight around the pic, and instead of just the 2d purple green theme, try to make it more 3d. at least use more shades of green and purple it seems bland with just a few shades.

background music could be good at some parts, like fading the intro music and saying greetings.and beginning the show, i mean alex jones knows how to do it, democracy now, coast to coast, theirs others that can really captivate the audience.

also citing where some information.links, refernces that can be found would be good at the end of the show.

also topics i would like to see:
economy, self reliant living, offgrid living, survivalism, military advancements and operations, the bilderbergs, and other secret societys, ufo 'hard evidence', big brother technology, toxins in our food and enviorment, false flags, grass roots movements, current world affairs, tips on how to relax with all the paranoia lol, interesting science adavancements, fed res system, world trends, privacy protection, hmm what els..

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sorry guys. I don't like it.

I thought it'd be more talkshow-like and less news-scripty. I understand this was a beta and can see why. It needs re-takes and editing. The chicks seemed nervous and thus sounded rather monotone and not as if they were giving an opinion or a story. It sounded as if they were reading Biology from a book in a high school class.

I know all that sounds a little harsh. Didn't mean for it to be. Just stating my opinion. I didn't really like Johnny Anonymous at first either. He kinda grew on me with his personality though. And I'm sure the chicks will too when they get more comfortable with the camera and there's actually editing that goes into an episode.

Can't wait for the next one. I think the concept is definitely a step in the right direction from Johnny A's News Show.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Lots of potential.

To succeed it has to be very much content-led. The hype about pretty ladies is good-humoured and flattering, I'm sure, but it won't be enough to ensure a seriously committed audience in the long-run. That said, the fact that both Asala & Ashley come across as very personable characters should provide a lasting platform.

One or two posters have come down harshly on Asala, which is very short-sighted. Both the 'chicks' have previously shown themselves very competent in front of camera, so the potential is there, in boat-loads. It strikes me that the particular format used this time didn't bring the best out in Asala — she needs more room for spontaneity. Both would likely be more relaxed & natural if they were standing, for a start, (and there'd probably be no need to coerce them into using fewer gestures, which some have requested).

Spontaneity could be facilitated by moving away from the scripted news story format. One way to do this would be to discuss important thread topics with invited guests — either an expert in a field or even a member who has made a major contribution to the thread in question. (This could be by telephone, to start with.)

Perhaps the day might come when a couple of key contributors could be brought together to discuss a topic in which they've demonstrated real expertise/insight. (But please not the induced arguments so beloved of the MSM, though, where they bring diametrically opposed experts together for the sake of muddying the waters!) The chicks could throw in some really searching questions, no doubt...

At the very least crucial posts within a thread could be mentioned. This could provide extra motivation for posters in terms of quality, quite apart from the way it would add a unique ATS flavour to the broadcast and generate good publicity for what's on offer.

Just one last thought: perhaps this broadcast could be 'combined' with the live radio feed by making both accessible via a single hyperlink, with all previous shows listed & upcoming dates/times also shown. Who knows, maybe they could gradually both increase their regularity till it eventually approached a full schedule?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks for all your time and effort, great job,

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Great show! Five stars, three cheers, and two thumbs up!! Being a computer graphics guy, I really loved the intro, but the show was good too. I hope we can get more resolution in the future and do something about all the artifacting going on. I was pleasantly surprised by the decent audio levels. Many videos from the web have audio levels set so low that I need to max out my sound card which results in distortion.

I would like to see more thread references when thread topics are being discussed. Perhaps we can also do a poll where stars against a topic are contrasted with the stars cast in favor of a topic.

Rest in peace William One Sac. I am sure that now you know.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Talking head presentations by "chicks" seems more appropriate to FAUX news than deep politics and conspiracy. I say ditch the sass and the prompters and re-tool this with some heart felt atitude.
This type of presentation just makes me cringe.

Just Tellin it how I see it.
LightBrite

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well done to all involved. Keep up the good work

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Very good, love those ladies. Very well presented.

My only suggestion would be to make a new way of viewing it... not in a thread, it seems tacky. Give it it's own website maybe, or it's own little forum on ATS where the video takes up most of the screen and comments are below.

Good work Ashleyd and Asala.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not bad for a first show. I would suggest recording it in 720p resolution.
Good job ladies !

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick
Not bad for a first show. I would suggest recording it in 720p resolution.
Good job ladies !

YEA! with more skin........wait, was that out loud?

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

The video is 720x406 but as usual it gets resized by the player.

PS: I don't know if that is the resolution you were talking about, I don't know much about video formats.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join