It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushrooms That Take Over Their Victims' Minds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
this reminds me of a dream i had a few weeks ago,

in the dream my right arm was infected with a moldy fungus, i was scratching my arm when i saw the fungus, strangely my reaction in the dream was to rip all the skin off my arm and stare at the bare bone, after seeing no way to fix it i slipped the skin back onto my arm bones like a long glove, i remember looking at my hand before regloving and feeling like the terminator from part 2, except bone isnt as strong as metal,

yeah thats a freakin strange dream and i was kinda triped out when i awoke.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Very interesting.

Its funny how people fail to understand why human beings act so violent towards one another, it seems violence is inherent in nature.

The way things in nature treat one another makes the whole Israel Palestine debate seem redundant.

Everything on this planet must kill to survive. It could be a plant, an animal, a virus, a parasite, etc.....

Nature is a brutal and unforgiving place, and it only appears more and more stunningly beautiful and complex in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Very interesting.

Its funny how people fail to understand why human beings act so violent towards one another, it seems violence is inherent in nature.

The way things in nature treat one another makes the whole Israel Palestine debate seem redundant.

Everything on this planet must kill to survive. It could be a plant, an animal, a virus, a parasite, etc.....

Nature is a brutal and unforgiving place, and it only appears more and more stunningly beautiful and complex in my eyes.

Darwinism.The weak are pushed around and exploited while the strong survive.In 2008 i saw a video of a parasite that invades the body of insects and makes them commit suicide.It makes the insect drown and when it's dead the parasite exits the body.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue

Originally posted by TV_Nation
Cordyceps fungi are used in pesticides and as agents against malaria-carrying mosquitoes.

Does this not disturb anyone?

heheh yeah im sure it does but just throw it on the massive pile of ways to die. gotta go sometime.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
yeah
but i wanna go having fun
not fungus

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
That's a pretty evil fungus.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Thanks OP, Star and Flag

Second

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
We are closer to the fungi family than any others.

Animals, which includes humans that is.

They've also been here a lot longer.

Maybe that's what we evolve into, and the really cool ones like Hendrix come back as blue ringers and liberty caps!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

well maybe in the ants head its having the tome of its life. who can tell. either way its all a balance until man unbalances it, or maybe even that is part of a bigger balance. who knows eh?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Morgellons anyone ?

and if so natural or man made ?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Seeing any type of plant or fungi that can do these things is amazing and makes me think of what the military might be doing along these lines... "nano-bio" engineering of genetics on cellular level fife forms and what they could use this stuff for as weapons...

reminds me of the "star jelly" thing happening now and then around the world...

great post

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
amazing simply.... reminds me of this post . a worm that does the same thing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ty for the post btw

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Morgellons anyone ?

and if so natural or man made ?

this fungus is millions of years old.

Morgellon's is something that just started in the last 20 or so years (maybe 30?). I highly, highly doubt there's a connection here =) Plus, fungal infections happen all the time in humans. Doctors know what to look for. Morgellon's has been looked at extensively and if it were a fungus, we'd know by now.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
if you think about it...

this is where the idea of evil spirits and Possession comes from,

different spores different symptoms, different diseases whether physical or mental they are lumped with demons, devils, etc

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Brain parasites who affect the hosts behaviour to their own advantage aren't that uncommon.

www.sueddeutsche.de...
here a german article

Examples are Toxoplasma gondii, a rodent parasite which makes cat urine attractive to rats (It uses the cats digestive system for it's breeding cycle), Pomphorhynchus laevis, which makes beach fleas swim into the direction of fishes, Dicrocoelium dendriticum, which makes ants spend the night on the top of grass halms instead in the nest, so they have a maximum chance to get eaten by sheep.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by chase the sun]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Fun! But those that can affect us are even more fun, what do you cat people know about Toxoplasma gondii. Not much I bet.

I am surrounded by cats my entire life but don't really like to mess with them, just to have some company. However, I know people who kiss and kuddle with them on daily basis. They sleep, and even eat with them. Some are literally obsessed with their cats.

There was a study some time ago that could possibly explain that obsession through toxoplasma gondii:

Cat Parasite Affects Everything We Feel and Do.

There are possibly other parasites of which we don't know about just yet. I remember at least two old episodes in X-Files themed around these terrestrial mild altering parasites

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Interesting. Good material to frighten some people.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Toxoplasmosis

Effect : suicid rat that want to be eaten by cat : ets.

That is why cat is forbiden whith your childs.

In fact : there is a lot of people infected ( as with other intestinnal parasites ) : the after effect is depression and less strenght ( and mental illness) : and suicide. ( the cause of depression is not only this parasite ).

5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

I hope they don't secretly find a use for it in humans. I would love to find out if it works for fleas. I have five rescue dogs and can't ever seem to get the flea problem under control.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hmmm ! Fringe technology.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join