It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Drinking A Beer At Phillies Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was shocked when I first saw this, I don't know what his parents were thinking letting this little guy drink a bottle of beer in the stands at a baseball game, everyone around them could see this. If there was actually anything in the bottle, that is the question?

If any, what criminal charges should his parents face?

www.longislandpress.com...

The star of Sunday’s Phillies-Padres game was not a major league player, but a young child who was filmed drinking a from a beer bottle in the stands at Citizens Bank Park. Video of kid drinking beer(?) at Philadelphia Phillies Baseball game As of Monday, the child, who appears to be three or four, remains unidentified, as do the surrounding adults and the actual contents of the bottle. The video is part of the official broadcast of the game. The Huffington Post, New York Post, Fox29, Deadspin, TheFightins.com and other websites posted the video. Phillies spokeswoman Bonnie Clark was not available for comment and Major League Baseball spokesman Patrick Courtney, who acknowledged that he had seen the video, declined to comment. Courtney said the league is seeking the removal of the clips from YouTube because of the website’s “unauthorized use of in-game footage.” This is a frequent practice, said Courtney, as people often post videos from sports broadcasts.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
First of all, we don't know what was actaully in the bottle.
Beer, maybe, water, juice ?

Secondly, notice how that clip doesn't show the childs reaction to what he is drinking? If he was really drinking beer, he most likely would have a reaction that we would see on his face, however we don't get to see it in this video.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Charges? Nothing. What proof is there that the kid was actually drinking beer? To me, it looked like the bottle was empty. If you look when he is tipping it back, you can see the label on the other side of the bottle is darkening the inside but near the neck of the bottle, it is still light. If there was liquid in the bottle, it would look dark also. Is it illegal to let a kid play with an empty bottle?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Secondly, notice how that clip doesn't show the childs reaction to what he is drinking? If he was really drinking beer, he most likely would have a reaction that we would see on his face, however we don't get to see it in this video.

That's not always the case. I can remember once when my two older kids were fighting and I ran off to see what was going on completely forgetting that my open beer was sitting on my desk. When I came back, my two year old was happily sipping on it like it was his milk bottle. He didn't drink much but it didn't seem to phase him. Needless to say, I'll never let that happen.

My point being, kids are weird.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Look how far he has to lift the bottle before he is able to actually chug any of it down!

Look carefully and you will recognise that the kid (about 3 years old) has had to have been through half of the bottle already.Trust me when i say he would have been dazed out by that time but he still is amazingly sober and being able to put the bottle to his lips without problems.

I remember when i was 10 and i stole a beer from the fridge over at a uncle and aunts house.I chugged down the first half and started to feel the effects within just a couple of minutes and when i was done i was so dazed and dizzy i coulndt even walk straight and ended up curling up behind the sofa falling asleep.

A body that small just cant handle even one beer without looking like a 40 year old drunk who had just drank a bottle of whiskey trying to point at his own nose.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Rafe_]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Even if there was no beer in the bottle, I am surprised they allow glass bottles in the stadium. In Canada, I have always only seen cans, or the beer poured into unbreakable cups
I am surprised there isn't more of a problem of broken glass laying around.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

At a lot of the stadiums the use plastic bottles that look like the glass ones. Maybe that is what was being used. Either way, it doesn't look like anything was even in the bottle. The kid was probably just playing with an empty bottle. I would too. Baseball is boring.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

First of all, we don't know what was actaully in the bottle. Beer, maybe, water, juice ?

That is true and a very fair point. The bottle may of been completely empty and the little guy might of wanted to act like the big boys and take a play swig, or maybe trying to get a taste of the remaining drops of the empty bottle somebody placed on the ground.

If there was no beer actually in the bottle and his parents filled it with another liquid then it was a very poor choice on his parents part to choose a beer bottle for that.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Arent French kids in AA by that age?

If it was a beer this is certainly in poor taste and unwise but I wouldn't call this isolated frame of the childs life abuse.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I suspect that there was something else in the bottle. Perhaps juice. Likely, this was a prank to get the cameras on them so they could have their 15-seconds of fame on the jumbo stadium screen.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Charges?
Probably $8.00 a bottle, it has been a while since I've been to a Phillies game.

I tend to agree with Aggie Mans post above.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sportscenter talked about this earlier this morning, but I was half asleep and not really paying attention. I don't know how many times the kid actually took a drink or (play drink) from the bottle but it was more than once, sportscenter was showing the actual broadcast with the announcers making comments about it.

Here is a link where it is claimed he took at least 2 drinks from the bottle.
www.philly.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Charges?
Probably $8.00 a bottle, it has been a while since I've been to a Phillies game.

I tend to agree with Aggie Mans post above.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by butcherguy]

I will edit that.

I think it might be $12 a bottle nowadays?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've seen Root Beer in bottles like that.

Too many people jumping to conclusions!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Darn!
Am I that old?

Well, maybe it's an $8.00 root beer then?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Even if there was no beer in the bottle, I am surprised they allow glass bottles in the stadium. In Canada, I have always only seen cans, or the beer poured into unbreakable cups
I am surprised there isn't more of a problem of broken glass laying around.
Sports venues like this usually sell beer in plastic bottles nowadays. They look just like glass, but the cap is oversized compared to a glass one.

You are correct, I don't know of anyplace that will allow glass bottles.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It looks like a miller lite label, but I also think that the child is probably just pretending. A year and half or so ago I set my solo cup of wine down on the patio table (no glass outside) and my son picked it up and "accidentally" took a drink of it. Notice the quotes, I'm not convinced it was truly an accident, but he is a little bit older and was likely curious.

You would have thought he had swallowed dish soap or something judging by his reaction. Now when I have a glass of wine he will go on and on about how gross is it.

Beer isn't as distinct as wine, but I would think the child would have some sort of reaction to drinking it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That's good. I was wondering about that.
I have never seen plastic look alike bottles before, I think we just have cans as an alternative, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I cant find any other info on this story at the moment, more than likely nothing will come of it, locating the parents will be hard and proving there was beer in the bottle will be impossible.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hi Invisibleobserver,

Personally I think its disgraceful... so...much so that I'll now have to make my way to the fridge.....!

Unless the child is already an alcoholic I agree with previous posters, most taste the beer (or whatever) and immediately pull a face as they are expecting to taste something neutral or sweet.

Peace!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join