It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopi prediction. If this can be confirmed we are probably doomed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

cobwebs i take to be powerlines stretching everywhere.
the ISS i take to be the house in the sky. they also state that the "house" will be the last thing that men do. whether thats taken from when it is fully finished and operational or not i dont know.

all the calamities start after that but if mankind world wide would change its collective attitude to loving their brother etcetera then a lot of world changes would be smoother. or so it seems. but their does not seem to be a mass change in sight yet------------although its happening in small ways. there are literally masses of predictions from all centuries and all over the world, pretty much agreeing on a bad scenario. the sun will rise in the west for one, just imajine what would precede such a phenomena. utter chaos. but government will protect us.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As I understand it, to get a decent comprehension of Hopi prophecy, you have to understand the foundation. The reunion of two brothers. Start from there and work backwards. The Hopi believe they are the first of men and that they traveled a True path. Then, most of them strayed.

The two brothers are talked about at great length. I'm not quite sure what is meant when they're being described, but it would seem that the 'brothers' are the only two true Hopis left. One is somewhere around the Four Corners, the other is Missing In Action. He doesn't know he is the other Brother, but when he's found, he will be presented with sacred texts that only he can read. If he returns home coming from the East, the transition into the Fifth World will be somewhat peaceful. If he comes from the West, the devastation and destruction will be unparalleled.

There are two assistants to the Brother that must return home. The first bears the sign of the Swastika. The second bears the sign a Cross with red lines.

Anyways, a breakdown of the prophecies...

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder."
Done. I'm sure you can whip out a history book on this one. Immigration sucks... Just ask the Indians.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."
Again, self-explanatory...

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."
Longhorns

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."
Train Tracks. Also, roads, as most have rebar used to support the construction.

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."
THIS is the one being referenced in this post. There's nothing about a web in the sky. This could either be the network of cabling (power, telephone, data), OR the World Wide Web.

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."
Ah, the shimmer effect of today's roads. Concrete or black-top, the images still abound.

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."
BP and all the others that are tanking out there. I'd like to think this begins with the Exxon-Valdez and continues to the multiple leaks, ruptures, capsized ships, and blown oil rigs out in the ocean.

"This is the Eighth Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.
Peace, man. This would be the Peace and Love folk we know as Hippies. The Seventh and Eigth signs would be inverted here which leads me to believe, that the 8th hasn't yet come to pass. But it will.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.
I'd throw this one down as the International Space Station. It's the only dwelling in the sky.

"These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro."

The Hopi Prophecies are awesome. These are the renditions of the prophecies by White Feather. The history of the Hopi is not only intriguing but explains how they survived living amongst warring native american tribes. It also gives you some clues as to what's coming.

They won't let anyone get a pic of the Mesa Stones. If I remember correctly, the prophecies above are on ... 2nd Mesa? Google Earth doesn't do much to help, but it was fun to try.

I encourage you to do some research on the Hopi... if not their prophecy, you will be enriched by their enigmatic history and fantastic world-view.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well can i point out that the cobwebs in the sky is acually a referance to missiles being launched from every country i have seen this in my visions.

Imagine all the nukes in the world leaving trails behind them all with a destination. The perfect cobweb.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

My view is the spider webs in the sky could be a metaphor for the internet and other communications systems. Most communications on earth, even local telephone traffic is often shunted or bundled into a packet for greater economy. Signals are sent between ground cable substations, and microwave relay towers. Data compression makes it very economical to send as much data as possible by satellite. Any communication can be intercepted and decrypted, and the vast majority are by "vacuum cleaner-to-analyst- programs". (I assume if the computers pick up something interesting, they wake somebody up) The problem is how much information is carried by satellite. The military and unmentionables have some backups, but if this is severely damaged, were all going to wish we lived on a sustainable farm 100 miles from the nearest paved road.

The city in the sky reference is quite interesting, because my first reaction is to interpret it literally. The idea of a huge space colony in Lagrange orbit between the Earth and Moon (like Babylon 5), is technologically feasible, just uneconomical with out the establishment of the required space industrial infrastructure. Or the Vimanas of Hindu mythology.

The problem I have thats not unique to me, is that for obvious reasons, I interpret everything through the scenery and experience I've had of my culture. Western culture particular in the last few hundred years has moved from more abstract and metaphor driven to less. I need to understand the Hopi view of themselves and it's connection with everything else before I could begin to interpret their mythology. (...and we think it's going to be easy figuring out ET's point of view?).

[edit on 7/6/10 by arbiture]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Where's the Hopi prediction of the white man stealing their land?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder."

"We Are Told..." these are the renditions of the prophecy by White Feather. The exact prophecy has no picture available as the Hopi guard the Mesa from camera. WHERE exactly, would be 2nd Mesa.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

After thinking about this further I find it highly likely that the Hopi cobwebs could be represented by visible plasma formations that may come about again if the sun and solar system changes state. Just as you can see northern lights under appropriate physical conditions, we may enter an age where certain regimes of plasma process, on a solar system and inter-planetary scale, enter the visible spectrum again. The nature of this process, as documented in physical laboratory experiments and multiple examples in outer space, is cellular and filamentary in nature, affording to certain regions a 'cobweb' like shape. Alfven discussed in his early papers these types of plasma process in the planetary formation stage, and it is possible that the sun ejects mass, yes perhaps a new planet. This would be a dramatic event, affording witness to an epochal and culture forming process.

In addition to the video in my previous post, I just found these, addressing the possibility that certain mythological and ancient symbols represent celestial patterns driven by plasma process that might have been witnessed at some point in the past across cultural and regional boundaries.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Does this link contain the entire Hopi Prophesies?

Sourcel

I did a search. I expected to find an official site for the most original text but this is the best site I could find. Is there better?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
just how many times must we endue these 'novel' thinkers tha just ain't bring anything new to-the-table...

its all just a warm-oatmeal rehash of earlier debates

and i'm being kind...

use the search engine !

~nemaste~

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This is the text :

“Near the day of the Great Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky.

The Purification will begin shortly after humans build a great house in the sky. By then there will be fires everywhere and greedy, selfish, power-mad leaders, internal wars.”

I think that's a bit off. The actual prophecy does not refer to 'cobwebs in the sky.' It refers to a giant network of spider webs but not in the sky. Some interpret this to be trains, electric poles, or the world wide web.

From the one I am familiar with, it mentions land- not the sky:

"The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

The final sign is of a 'sky house' falling from its place. So wherever you got the quotes from probably became confused and mixed up both prophecies for sky instead of one sky and one on land.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My money is on the ISS being the sky dwelling.

Now if you don't keep up with ISS political funding, they had planned to cancel the ISS in 2016 and deorbit it. Now if it gets a reworked contract, the ISS may stay aloft until 2020. And if there is no money after that, then it will be deorbited for sure.

So technically, you don't have to wait all that long. We're just waiting for Uncle Sam's pocket book to run dry, which isn't a far stretch of the imagination these days.

I wonder if it will burn blue on its way down?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
For a people that claim to be able to predict the future, they sure dropped the ball with small pox and the Spaniards eh?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I just knew that didn't sound right, that there was something off about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You do realize that Spaniards are largely a white population, right? I'd think they hit the nail on the head.

Also, a quote from Wikipedia. I know not everything there is a fact, but I happen to know this IS.

The first domestic cattle to reach the Americas were imported from Spain from about 1493 and spread out to form a hardy race adapted to the local conditions, becoming semi-wild in places. It is likely, but not certain, that cattle imported by settlers from the British Isles contributed to the stock after about 1600, and more certainly from the 1820s and 30s

reply to post by ZombieOctopus

As far as the prophecies go, there are none that can actually read the language or pictographs that hold the prophecies. That's part of the prophecy. There are sacred texts that can only be read by the returning Brother, because he's the only one that CAN read them. The Hopi have written communication the same as we do, but the old stuff was placed on the Rocks and the stories of them were passed down through their generations. To sum it up, all that we know of their prophecies are different versions of the same thing. Different perspectives, views, translations, if you will, as the stories are handed down throughout the generations. White Feather was the one I used because his grandfather was an elder and entrusted with the keeping of the legends. There are meetings they attend where they tell each other the legends and each vouches for the validity and accuracy of the other's stories. There is no "This is the prophecy". There is only "This is how I know the prophecy." given to us by the elders of the Hopi. You're welcome to go have a look at them yourself if you fancy a cruise to Arizona

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Predictions or not I can tell you for a fact there are some hard times ahead of us. I even doubt if we will come out of it.

what do you think, people felt about their future when they faced the black death in the 1300. or what were the people thinking in the times of the cuba crisis ?
the end of the world was "forseen" or predicted so many times in history and didnt come, that the statistical probability is very high for coming out of this one as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I'm sorry. I was not referring to this or any other prediction.

I was referring to events happening in real life observed and documented by science.
Somehow people are blind to it and just keep on doing what they do.

As if they are under some form of mind control.

Edit to add :
I was not talking about the planet either. Only what dwells on it.

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks that could be what happened.

To all

Does anyone have a picture of Harp ( from above.)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I did use the search several separate ways.

If you don't like it link to a thread in progress please ?

Don't waste your time ( and mine ) posting . No offense.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hi!

The prophecy gained wide public attention when it was shown at the end of the film Koyaanisqutsi (Life out of Balance), by Frances Ford Coppolla and music by Philip Glass. No dialogue just images of the US supported by music. If you haven't seen it I recommend it...

Regarding the cobwebs (I guess being older than most posters) when I first read it I immediately thought of the pressure lines generated by above ground nuclear tests. These really do look like cobwebs....

Peace!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Along with Trueseers dream that sound very disturbing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join