It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish paper releases 'censored' photos of beaten Israeli commandos (You be the Judge)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Turkey's highest circulating paper, Hurriyet, reports that photos were deleted by Israel, but restored by Turkish activists.

Turkey's highest circulating newspaper Hurriyet on Sunday released photos of Israeli navy commandos who had been embroiled in the clash aboard the Gaza-bound Turkish aid ship Mavi Marmara last week.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd2e52f93791.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d489ee6d7ff.jpg[/atsimg]
Photos published by Turkish paper Hurriyet June 6, 2010 of beaten Israeli navy commandos aboard Mavi Marmara

The Israel Defense Forces released a video depicting the activists aboard the ship attacking the navy commandos. The activists argued that they had been attacked first. Nine activists were killed in the melee, and dozens, including Israeli soldiers, were hurt.

The photos published by Hurriyet on Sunday, under the headline "tears of a commando", Israeli soldiers are seen beaten and bleeding, being carried below deck by Turkish activists.

In the accompanying article, the paper reported that the photos had been censored and deleted by Israeli fighters aiming to prevent embarrassment for Israel and the IDF, but the activists were able to restore them. The paper further reported that in some of the photos, activists belonging to the IHH organization are seen caring for the wounded soldiers.

IHH is the group that organized the flotilla that attempted to carry tons of aid to the blockaded Gaza Strip last week. The Mavi Marmara was one of eight ships that participated in the effort.
The IDF Spokesperson's Unit issued a response to the Turkish photos, saying that the "published pictures serve as clear and unequivocal proof of Israel's repeated arguments that aboard [the Mavi Marmara] were mercenaries who intended to kill Israeli soldiers."

"The photos would have looked different if the soldiers had chosen to shoot every citizen that came their way," the statement continued. "It was only out of empowerment and a deep understanding of the event that the navy commandos were able to tell the difference between peace activists and terrorists."

Source: www.haaretz.com...

As far as I am concerned, just more proof the people on that ship had harmful intentions and started the fight with the Law Enforcement personnel that showed up to conduct a LAWFUL search and ship docking for inspection in regards to an established and recognized trouble zone.

I wonder how many other photos and videos are out there that folks aren't releasing? Just keep watching YouTube and LiveLeak and they'll be out...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

As far as I am concerned, just more proof the people on that ship had harmful intentions and started the fight with the Law Enforcement personnel that showed up to conduct a LAWFUL search and ship docking for inspection in regards to an established and recognized trouble zone.

Can you provide any proof for your claim that the search was lawfull?

As far as I know the ships were in international waters, making it an act of war.

There are witness reports saying the Israeli's went in with guns blazin, way before the situation that was captured on the video.

Commandos are not law enforcement personnel.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Law enforcement personnel?
Uh, 100% wrong.

Just out of curiosity, do you consider SEAL's or GB's to be law enforcement personnel as well?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You post is obviously filled with falsehoods, lies and is just more Israeli apologist propaganda.

Nine activists were killed in the melee, and dozens, including Israeli soldiers, were hurt.

Yes, nine activists were shot and killed, and no Israeli was killed, even though the activists clearly had the chance to do so.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Makes a very refreshing change to see the IDF with a few bruises.

Well done to the flotilla crew, at least they managed to take a few of the buggers down with them

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
yeah....hurriyet , owned by Doğan Media Group , group owned by Aydin Dogan ( he is most probably in forbes list ), the same person that owns half of the turkish media , newspapers and tv stations , he is also know to be a bitter rival to the current prime minister of Turkey , Recep Erdogan... and his party AKP

Dogan is the Rupert Murdoch of Turkey

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

They are law enforcment if they are enforcing a law.

Ther were enforcing a law. They were therefore, Law Enforcement.

Just because they don't fit your model or definition of such-doesn't mean they aren't.

As far as the Lawfulness of it all, go to another thread about this matter and you can read there about the Law and what could be done by Israel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ah what a change from seeing pictures of dead palestinian children. I'm glad no Israeli soldiers were killed. I'm also very sorry that 9 members of the aid flottila can no longer testify to the facts of what happened.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I asked you to provide proof for the claim that boarding the ship was lawfull.

As far as the Lawfulness of it all, go to another thread about this matter and you can read there about the Law and what could be done by Israel.

That thread was about the question wether or not the commandos were justified to use violence aboard the ship, not about the lawfulness of the boarding itself.

If someone provided proof of the legality in that thread, I suggest you post it, instead of backing up arguments from your OP, with a link to another thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What the Israel "pseudo-Gov" did was AN ACT OF WAR.
But let me explain to the OP and other who STILL DONT UNDERSTAND:
They were at International waters;
The Israel soldiers INVADED/RAID the ships;
Each ship on the ocean is a mini-country when in International waters, hence, an true invasion! (Or Israel is now a group of pirates?).
And you post a topic about photo's of the Israel invasion force who were tossed out?! How about the photo's of those DEAD people killed by ISRAEL GUNS?!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

They are law enforcment if they are enforcing a law.

They weren't enforcing a law, they were breaking one, attacking a ship in international waters.

Furthermore, commandos aren't law enforcers in any case, they are used for tactical militairy operations, wich are never about enforcing a law.

You just call them that so that it sounds like they have justice on their side.

Like I said blatant propaganda.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hmm... well they look alive that's more than can be said for the other 9 folks, they are sure to look a little worse for wear as would anyone after being shot in the back of the head.

Having real trouble feeling sorry for Israel on any level. People keep mentioning they require protection from constant rocket attacks, and big bad Hamas preaches hate to their children daily indoctrinating them against Israel, and that's why such a blockade exists.

Ok fair enough, lets say that is true. Then put up the embargo, but also provide some essentials for civilians of Gaza. The Israeli government hasn't learned the lesson I learned when I was a child which is to be the bigger man and take the moral high ground. I severely doubt they will ever tread along that path again.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
These Israeli terrorists you see there actually # in their pants. For real. Check Turkish news.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Specifically (as in paste it), what law were they enforcing?

Since you seem so up to date on Israeli and international maritime law, I suspect this wont be a problem for you.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yes Anon, still waiting for you to back up your claims about the lawfullness of the boarding of ships in international waters by Israel.

As far as you are concerned, yes. Why, because you're an Israel apologizer.

You guys don't have to concern yourselves with international law, human rights, or morality for that matter.

And they all just ignore the fact that it happened in international waters.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I wish all these Israeli trolls would just leave, It is obvious to everyone what their agenda is.
Their posts are biased, twisted and pure propaganda. It really blows my mind to see posters distort and lie and do it so blatantly. I can only imagine severe guilt and remorse from such behavior manifesting itself it terrible way mentally and emotionally.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Facts so far:

1. The Flotilla was in International waters. Even Israel did sign the International laws.

2. The boarding is pure aggression if not piracy - according to International laws.

3. The members of the flotilla had EVERY right to attack the IDF soldiers - according to International law.

4. Shooting 5 times in the head of a 19 year old unarmed US/Turkish student is hard to explain as self defense (one shot maybe). The 4 shots from 45cm on a 60 year old Turkish man is also very problematic.

5. The boarding of the Irish ship is also Illegal - according to International laws. Pointing with weapons on unarmed civilians on International waters is a crime. The whole procedure after the boarding is also spiced with several breaches of the International law.

6. The whole embargo against Gaza is also Illegal - at least for the UN.

7. There are 65 UN resolutions that Israel has not complied with.

8. The kidnapping (that's the right terminology according to International laws) is pure crime. Multiple law breaches here.

I'm not for or against Israel. But if somebody plays here without rules than it is Israel.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am not an expert, and I do not condone what the Israeli military has done, but that is the law as far as I understand it. So here is how I see it.
As far as laws in international waters, the said ships in question are under the law of the flag they fly. So the Israeli's were under their laws and the Palestinians under their laws. I am not sure what laws the Palestinians are under, but if it is Israeli law, then they would have to comply, I would assume. Even though assuming normally gets you killed.

I guess to see if it is an act of war, then you would need to identify what is considered an act of war. Take piracy as an example. If a pirate ship takes over a military vessel it might be a crime and not an act of war against whatever nation the pirates are from or sailing from. Say if Somalia had a stable government, you wouldn't declare war on Somalia because of piracy, it would be an instance of organized crime. Now I don't believe the ships were military in the case of Palestine, it was most likely civilian ships. But where did the ships originate from? What country are the laws of the ship held under? So then, I would assume you would need to look up their laws concerning their civilian vessel's in international waters or what it would take to be considered an act of war.

Even if the ships were from say "Egypt", Egypt would then need to declare war because it was an attack on a civilian ship under their laws. The people on board were passengers and I would guess each country would have to decide what they consider an act of war against one of their peoples. Or maybe since they were on an "Egyptian" ship then maybe they would be subject to Egypt's laws. Again I am speculating from what the law said as regards to what ships can and cannot do in international waters based on the countries origin. Also, you may want to see if their countries had a ban of sailing in those waters. Just some stuff to think about. Maybe a lawyer could come on here an clear it up. Either way, it wasn't right in my view.

I also wanted to add what Japan does. Whaling is legal in Japan but many countries have outlawed it. There is a guy who goes after these ships and throws stuff on board, shoots water and sometimes tries to board the ships. Here in America they even have a camera crew that follows them and show. I do know, the anti-whaling ship is considered a possible eco terrorist organization in some countries including the U.S.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by UFORacer56]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I haven't successfully embeded a video yet, so I'll post a link in case somebody else wishes to embed for me.

link

After seeing passengers shot at close range they tried to grab the weapons to stop the killing. Kenneth Nichols O'Keefe was later beaten by the Israelis.

"We overpowered three Israeli commandos. They looked at us... They thought we would kill them, but we let them go," O'Keefe said, adding he took the weapon of one of the soldiers and emptied it, according to Anatolia.

As far as I'm concerned, this is more proof the aid workers where acting in self defense. Notice how they had opportunity to give the pirates what they deserved, but let them live.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by PplVSNWO]

finally got the embed to work.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by PplVSNWO]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
[ The paper further reported that in some of the photos, activists belonging to the IHH organization are seen caring for the wounded soldiers

I think this sentence may be a little counter productive to your argument.

The Chosen Ones - Shooting unarmed civilians in the back of the head multiple times.

Dirty Raghead Terrorists - Caring for the wounded who had just killed 9 of thier shipmates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join