It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early 1900s in Colour

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I love old Pictures from when Time stud still, and to think all of these People are Dead! but if you belive in reincarnation as I do there all back here now, maybe you or I are looking at a past self!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Don't these guys seem awfully "happy" for being outside, amongst guys and in the African heat?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a6ce735d40a.jpg[/atsimg]

--airspoon

lmao... Took me awhile to spot...

Also, interestingly, the shape of their huts....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This link will tell you pretty much what you need to know. Also I read that Napoleon Bonaparte was one of the first that uncovered it then it was left alone to be covered with sand again then someone els took it over. Heres the link.. www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sorry if I missed it - I didn't read every post in this thread - but what's up with the dude in the box in Mongolia?

I did giggle at the Benin guys with boners.

...and did anyone notice the UFO in the Eiffel Tower photo (to the left of the tower)? Maybe a ball-shaped object with some jet exhaust? Or a photographic smudge?

Man, I could spend a long time checking these out. I mean, it's wierd, I know intellectually that "color" has always existed but I never think of the early b&w photography era as having colors since I only see b&w photos of that time. It's cool to see the color there. I know it doesn't make sense but it's almost like a time machine to me or something. You get some data from a time that you could never get before.

The photos are marked as being copyright of this guy's museum. anyone know if it still exists? I'd like to see all the photos and any documentation. I forsee a lot of days spent staring at the monitor.

---Oh wait. The dude in a box is a girl. And she's been sentenced to death by starvation according to Nat Geo. Wow. That must be why she's reaching desparately for the lock.

edit - nevermind about his museum. Found it.

[edit on 7/6/10 by 35Foxtrot]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dookzor

This is weird but I had a dream once that the paws of the sphinx were actually much deeper then shown and that they went down another 20-40 feet just a rough guess for it was a dream, and they worked as a walk way to a lower chamber. I know that is far fetched I've always just remember that dream very vividly.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I would like to Thank everyone in this Thread for it has gone a long way in the short time it's been posted. With great facts and thoughts towards these pictures, It is awesome the knowledge that comes forth threw everyone.

It is awesome that I posted these pictures to share and after words we have people coming together to share their understanding of the pictures. everyone should give them selfs a good pat on the back for i'm sure we are all more educated after reading this thread, and viewing the pictures. Thank you everyone for making this a great thread

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badfish86

theres a myth/rumor that theres an underground chamber under the right paw with a stash of mystery stuff.

also rumored that they have been secretly emptying it.

your dream might have something to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Their was doorway in the center of the paws way deeper then what is uncovered today, the sphinx looked like a temple in my dream. The doorway was right in the middle of the paws. I don't think much of it for i'm not big into the saying "well what if"

so I wanted to find a picture that looked like the sphinx in my dream. and here is as close as i can come to finding a good picture.

irrationalgeographic.files.wordpress.com...

here is the article that was with the picture

irrationalgeographic.wordpress.com...

Because this website was soooooooo Good I've made another thread to read about and talk about the information and idea's within the website.

irrationalgeographic.wordpress.com...

it is a must read website for any conspiracy theorist

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by badfish86]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great pictures, thanks for posting them

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
just reminds me how terrible the last decade has been, maybe worse than the 80's

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What gets me about the Sphinx is that people claim there is a library of forgotten knowledge under the Sphinx's paws...... Seems there was no paws until after the 1900's.
If (and I mean IF) the excavated the paws later outa the sand like some say, how in the h did those big ol' things break off? Im looking at them side by side and you can see that the stone is even differant and the headdress has been touched up as well.

It also has less water erosion running down its face. very strang indeed. Star and Flag, very nice photos thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a testimony on how great the old people were! no aliens, no magik... just thousands of years of builders. bravo, and whats next?

NWO

LETS DO IT

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I took notice of the then and now pictures- a hint:

Count the ridges on the front of the Sphinx in the then and now pics. The pics taken with paws show one extra ridge above the ground.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Great post, one of the best yet. To think ALL of the people in those photos have passed on.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
These pictures kind of remind me of the early 1900s photographs from Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii in Russia, all cataloged here: www.loc.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There is a ghost in the picture of Ireland. The one with the three boys and the mom. There is two houses and one has grass growing on top. To the left looks like a transparent little boy. Could be a mess up but i prefer the paranormal excuse. Could someone please post that picture as i don't know how to do that.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Those are great pictures (well, except for the mongolia one, thats awful
)
When i was a little kid (younger than 5) i always thought that back then the world WAS black & white and colour popped later just into our world

If your think about how old those pictures are, but for example in the more rural parts of Sri Lanka it's still the same as in that picture.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I found these pictures very enjoyable, thanks for posting them.

It's funny to see color photos taken around 100 years ago. Just think how much information about our period of time (now) there'll be in a 100 years. They'll not only have HD color photos, but HD (and even 3D) video too.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
All it takes is 50 years for the sand to cover up til the neck.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry but I just had to do this

Holland Early 1900s:

Holland, 2010:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join