It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is pleased with 40% .. I'm not!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hi all,

40% is better than 0%.. BUT it needs to be more like 90+%! Where we stand today.. The rate that the government says the oil is leaking is between 13,000 bbls/day and 19,000 bbls/day. Lets say it is 15,000 bbls/day or 630,000 gals/day. That would mean that to this day 705,000 bbls have leaked or 29,610,000 gals. So if BP is able to collect 6,000 bbls/day that would reduce the leak by 40% to 9,000 bbls/day or 387,000 gals/day. Now lets say it will be another 60 days before BP is able to cap the well via the relief wells. That is another 540,000 bbls or 22,680,000 gals. That would be a total of 1,245,000 bbls or 52,290,000 gals!

Edit: At this moment CNN took the Gulf off the homepage as a main story..

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 6/6/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hello,
I hope to find the page where it showed a ticker/counter displaying the leak amount by the passing of each moment, in gallons. It indicated roughly six gallons per second.

I'm off to find it.

Ah. They have the ticker down until 9 am Sunday.
www.bp.com...

[edit on (6/6/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
agreed, so this build this top hat device.. its basically a dome.. that rests over the top and has spacers to keep it from sealing against the pipe flange on the well head.. I can see why it was made this way so they could get it over the flow of oil without being pushed off from the pressure... however you'd think they would have designed it to latch on to the flange once in place on the well head and then close up the bottom of the "tophat" thus funneling more oil to the capture vessel on the surface.. also I cant see any reason why they cant send there ROV's down there to weld that top hat on and seal up the bottom of it so they can collect more if not all the oil..

This seems like only a PR stunt to say "look were doing something about this" when there doing next to nothing.. Honestly, we can send people into space, and BP can send these robots to the sea floor but you cant design the top hat that can attach in place over a large steel lip, and seal the leak to at least collect 80-90% of the oil... I'm not buying it, not at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

I wrote on another thread that they should've had a coupling pipe come from under the cap with a clamp on it.

Like these but huge:
www.directindustry.com...

The leak counter can be found on my webpage:
morpheastruth.webs.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If this is the best they can do.. they are in the wrong business. Hard to believe these people can't cap a well. It is truly a disgrace what they are doing, and they should be fined for every day this continues. If the oil industry is this incompetent, they have no business drilling off the US coast. They have no regard for their environmental impact.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think had they have taken scenario A, it would have eliminated the 60% that is still being leaked. Had they have "strawed" it, it would have been able to capture all the Oil imo. "Top Cap" is more or less scenario B for the most part.

Note this thread was posted before the images of the "Top Cap" device was known.

The BP Pipe, which route are they going to take? (See Diagram)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I wouldn't believe a bloody thing these bastards say... How can you believe a company that orders around the US Coast Guard and uses "embedded" reporting?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I like B.. but with a clamp.. I think that their cap isn't A or B

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Agreed, these companies are supposed to be experts, also not to mention they know blowouts can and do happen, it's not like this is the first every blowout.. The other factor is there speed is very very very slow.. really they took over a month to come up with this poor excuse for a solution.. sorry not buying it in any way. Humans are very resourceful it seems all the useless humans on the planet are working for BP.

After seeing the flange that the tophat is sitting on, why the heck didn't they just unbolt the flange (its bolted on) and put on a new flange with a big ball vale on it then once its bolted in place close the ball valve, and the leak is sealed .. they had a hydrolic cutter down there to cut the well pipe off.. that means they could use a hydrolic powered wrench to remove the bolts and nuts.. and could build the damn thing from scratch by now.

Humans have built some of the most amazing mechanical structures and devices ever... yet we can't turn a few bolts a mile under water.. don't buy it at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is a dog and pony show for one and two they are scared. If you haven't heard on friday, they where saying that on top of the oil coming out from the bottom of the cap, they have oil coming out of 4 openings on purpose. They thought about closing them but don't want to because they are afraid of the pressure coming out of the oil well. Just think about when you try to pour water real fast in a funnel, if the funnels hole is too small then the rest of the water will spill out, just like the oil. And on top of that the pressure will be drastically increased to the point of either pushing the cap off and/or the pressure increasing and damaging more the BOP.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
reply to post by E-ville

I wrote on another thread that they should've had a coupling pipe come from under the cap with a clamp on it.

Like these but huge:
www.directindustry.com...

The leak counter can be found on my webpage:
morpheastruth.webs.com...

Thanks!
www.pbs.org...

It is counting about 3 gallons per second now. Still, my faucet in the kitchen can't spew water at that rate.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Unfortunately, it's currently "C" as far as I can see:

ETA: they need it to seal. 40% imo is crap!!

[edit on 6/6/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm not either!! Damn wtf!!!

please stop all deep water wells especially Atlantis

and also i'm very concerned about these SUV and why America continues with this Jurassic philosophy????

Very sad for the Pelicans today I hope these noble creatures can some how find a way to survive? I also read about the Tuna fish and how they may be wiped out?

all we can do now is make sure MMS is wiped out and jailed in my country they would be stoned to death!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Some thing is very wrong about Bp like you always find when it comes to big oil but as a UK citizen i say let the americans have the company because we pay more at the petrol pumps than just about evryone else and the only people that gets to see an profits are the zionists so you can keep it for me.

This however comes with a warning

Very little of the money will ever be spend cleaning up the mess and non will go into the pockets of your average american.

if they can not stop these leakes then we need to close all the deep sea wells pure and simple and stop the zionists bribing politicans to allow the licences to drill.

We are all fighting the same people but don't yet know it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Goodmorning Friend,

Let me explain that BP is a global multi and British interest only control 1/3% of assets so it really is not British at all. BP is just another greedy company that only cares about profit. BP cares about the gulf now because they don't want offshore leasing rights ripped away, from my research 40% of BP's positive income is derived from offshore drilling, unable to derive what BP is making from GOM. Sorry my English isn't the best here* Understandably people blame the British now because after all the name British Petroleum it could be named American Petroleum and the same principle would apply. Frowns, very hard to elaborate on because of wording and cruddy english.... so I will leave you with a friends videos Mr. Obaid who will have more later in an effort to explain BP.

MMS (Minerals Management Service) is the real villain here and are being allowed to escape soon I will have my 20 posts in and will write my article and you will SEE what I refer.

PLEASE watch the videos

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well, I too am not impressed with the collection rate, so I present my plan.

Plan "C" a sort of modified top hat if you will...

I don't see why this wouldn't or couldn't work and allow them to collect 100% of the oil or very close to it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Not sure what happened there.

In some ways I agree that 40% isn't quite enough but then again - how much atomic polution did the US clear up after Japan and the tests in Nevada?

Peace?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ice hydrates would be my conclusion

BP is constructing another dome btw

My issue with hydrates is now since BP is collecting straight off the blow out preventer what have we with hydrates since it's blowing hot. Obviously we don't have the same info as Bp's surface monitoring and temp gauging.

BP should just close all the valves and see what happens, so what if the tophat is blown off.....Well probably because they don't have a replacement yet???

and so the wild well would blow without 6000b collected???

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
As I stated before,
Not surprising at all. These *self nip* suckers should have their money seized
and used to pay for this *snipping* clean up and restitution for fisherman and
local economy. Any money left over should be split among environmental
groups. They deserve nothing. Absou*snipping*lutely NOTHING. There should
be full access to anyone who wants to photograph. Screw their image and
company. They should be treading water and sucking oil with their mouths at
this point.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link