It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid statement defends Israel, essentially blames activists for their deaths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I don't know what "rest of the world" you are referring to...

I am not American, and the way I see it is that the violence that occurred was initiated by the "peace-activists" on the ship.

This (the whole Middle East conflict soup) is a highly charged and volatile situation, and has been for decades. I get it. All sides believe that they are right, and are entitled to to take action of one sort or another to right what they see as the wrongs. Given.

But within the simple microcosm of the boarding of the flotiila by heavily armed Israeli commandos descending on ropes from helicopters...when the activists decided to welcome the soldiers by pounding them with metal bars, baseball bats and axes (and maybe a gun or two)...well the rest was predictable and completely justifiable.

Period, the end.

That's how this part of the rest of the world sees it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Of course Reid is Pro Israel, for $179,640.
He was bought well and truly...

As for the ships being called into Israel port where Israel would confiscate all the dangerous stuff like concrete, a4 paper and pencils. well the PEACE activists were never going to do that.

Why do people keep starting new threads with nothing to add but the same old stuff???
I guess this post just added a bought and paid for US polly but thats about all....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Please show proof as this ridiculous statement,
But within the simple microcosm of the boarding of the flotiila by heavily armed Israeli commandos descending on ropes from helicopters...when the activists decided to welcome the soldiers by pounding them with metal bars, baseball bats and axes (and maybe a gun or two)...well the rest was predictable and completely justifiable.

Even the IDF have said they found NO WEAPONS, if you are insinuating otherwise then I hope you have proof. If not you have zero credibility on this site...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Why do you only quote part of what is said in your link?

Heres a bit you missed, thought I'd help you give a clear indication of what the site (you linked) thinks...

Despite widespread condemnation from the world, and even from elements of the US media, few Democrats are willing to go against Israel, more for the sake of donations from AIPAC than votes, as many liberal Jewish Americans side with the activists.

Care to comment??

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Well, I guess you have to do a little reading here on ATS....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take your time, watch the videos and then tell me again that the peace activists had no weapons, and did not attack the Israeli soldiers as they boarded.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or this, for a reported first hand account of the violence....

And please...do provide me with your counter-source where the IDF says there were no weapons used or found, on the activist side.

Lastly, are you the final word on credibility here? If so in future I will be sure to have you screen all of my posts prior to publishing them.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three Legs
reply to post by RedGolem

Well if someone is telling you the truth than it really doesnt matter why. Truth is not subjective. It is obvious from the video that the Israelis tried to do this as peaceful as possible and they only shot people to defend themselves. You don't shoot people who are attacking you in the knees if you are trying to kill them.

Are you talking about the video that Israel released?? FYI that is a heavily edited video and not the raw video. If you want to know about the truth ask Israel to release the raw video and the pictures.
If you want to know more about it read it here How Israeli propaganda shaped U.S. media coverage of the flotilla attack
Some info from the article

It was clear from the moment news of the flotilla attack emerged that Israel was taking extreme steps to suppress all evidence about what happened other than its own official version. They detained the flotilla passengers and barred the media from speaking with them, thus, as The NYT put it, "refusing to permit journalists access to witnesses who might contradict Israel's version of events."

They detained the journalists who were on the ship for days and seized their film, video and cameras. And worst of all, the IDF -- while still refusing to disclose the full, unedited, raw footage of the incident -- quickly released an extremely edited video of their commandos landing on the ship, which failed even to address, let alone refute, the claim of the passengers: that the Israelis were shooting at the ship before the commandos were on board.
(visit the li

So thanx but no thanx, you can keep your heavily edited propaganda video with yourself Israel.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I dont need to see doctored video..
My question to you was about this statement YOU made.

(and maybe a gun or two)...

Can you show me where anyone, even the IDF has said they had guns onboard????????????

Otherwise my post stands and your credibility is still shot...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I just read thru the links you kindly provided. There was NO mention of the activists having guns onboard.

Again your post stated... (and maybe a gun or two)...

So as you suggested, please send your future posts through me..
I will cut out the BS for you

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

You know the reply you're going to get....... maybe not guns but they had Knifes, Sticks, Hammers....... all Weapons.

As I've mentioned before in another thread, Who brings a Knife to a Gunfight?
After all, these Activist "Intentions" were to instigate a fight with the IDF as claimed.

Wouldn't ya think they would be smart enough to bring some real Weapons?
and not wait till the very last moment to improvise on what ever is laying around?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Reid and all pro-war US allies are really sick down in the ass. Every time they dislike certain groups or organizations, they start to link them with Al-Qaeda.

I'm tired of this old slander tactics to silent people. Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

I know mate, but that poster said guns.. He MUST add a source for such an accusation...Like we ALL MUST.. Otherwise it is just trolling..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

You are SO wrong......

People like Reid do not disslike people,
they just like the ones that LINE THEIR POCKETS MORE!!!

I'm sure if Hamas paid him more he would be preaching anti Israel slogans from his limo...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I won't do the same for a million bucks. But I will do it if it's in line with my analysis and neutrality.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Israel and trouble is like flys and sH*t , a natural occurance lol
Israel , israel, when will you learn...(shakes head)
Has this country ever not caused a headache ?
If iran did this,oh my god SHTF !
Turkey are a strong country , geez Israel,Is there anyone you dont piss off ?
Look at the recent events , this country justs keeps doin dumb sh*t , saying dumb sh*t , Friggan Zionists leaders , and the general population has to carry that stink,
Every one is watching them , they will get pimped slap , may god help the regular people who live their ,
Israel and trouble ,like flys and sh*t , never apart .......

[edit on 6-6-2010 by StaceyWilson]

[edit on 6-6-2010 by StaceyWilson]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Dear Mr. Editor:

I draw your attention to the following statements made in the links I supplied:

"The group was well trained and was split into a number of squads of about 20 mercenaries each distributed throughout the upper deck, the IDF said. All of the mercenaries wore gas masks and ceramic bulletproof vests and were armed with either bats, slingshots, metal bars, knives or stun grenades.

Nevertheless, the IDF suspects that the group did have some guns of its own. Israeli forensic experts who examined the ship found casings belonging to a weapon that was not used by the commandos, and the Turkish captain of the ship later told the IDF that the “mercenaries” threw their weapons overboard after the commandos took control of the vessel.

So...like I said originally maybe a gun or two.

Oh, by the way, the Editor-in-Chief says that you are fired. Apparently, the ability to read is a basic requirement of an Editor's job...

(All said in the spirit of cordial debate by the way)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Dude great replies, but trying to talk sense into a bunch of racist, Jew hating, Nazi's is about as fruitful as beating your head against a wall until your brains fall out.

They just throw around the term Zionist to try to not appear racist, but then all their racism slips out when they start talking about Zionist's control the media, the money, the banks, etc. Same crap as the Nazi's used to say but they actually had the balls to use the word Jew instead of trying to say some subset up jews.

Truth is, if somebody nuked Israel while everyone in Israel was asleep or on vacation they would blame Israel for nuking itself and be pissed because a cloud of radiation floated over the Palestinians.

Edit to add: (All said in the spirit of cordial debate by the way)

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Three Legs]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I'll still say the use of "maybe" makes it seem false.
There is zero proof they had guns, as far as I'm aware no IDF suffered gunshot wounds.
As for the supposed odd bullets found, If heard many soldiers and police etc prefer to use their own gun. So its just as probable the casing came from IDF fire....

BTW I liked the (All said in the spirit of cordial debate by the way)
Great to see, you get a star for that..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Three Legs

Dude great replies, but trying to talk sense into a bunch of racist, Jew hating, Nazi's is about as fruitful as beating your head against a wall until your brains fall out.

Maybe you should take note of how other posters conduct themselves in reasonable debate..

You are the one that sounds racist. I suggest you try your second option, beating your head against a wall..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am going to say the same thing I always do. If Mexico was allowing people to lob rockets over the US boarder you all would be calling for heads on pikes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join