It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid statement defends Israel, essentially blames activists for their deaths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Reid statement defends Israel, essentially blames activists for their deaths

www.blacklistednews.com

AIPAC urges members to support "Israel's right to self defense" and contact lawmakers regarding the flotilla incident; maintains list on congressional statements; attempts to link activists to Qaeda

Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) is facing a bruising battle this election year, and probably needs all the help he can get. According to Maplight.org, the Senate Majority Leader has received $179,640 in pro-Israel campaign contributions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alternet.o rg

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla
Israel rejects calls for independent probe

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There has been an awful lot of talk about Israel lately, most of it negative. So this article will add a little bit of perspective. Even though it is in support of Israel, the article also shows funds being received from pro Israel groups. Point being nothing is ever with out some bias. Please post your thoughts.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Wow it is good to see Harry Reid actually tell the truth for once.

Maybe there is hope for that old coot after all.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Three Legs

Three legs
thanks for posting
yes he may be telling the truth, but the truth may be subjective also. Don't forget all the money he got from the pro Israel groups also.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three Legs

Wow it is good to see Harry Reid actually tell the truth for once.

Maybe there is hope for that old coot after all.

Reid is trash. He should be mowing lawns for a living or asking for change on a street corner.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well if someone is telling you the truth than it really doesnt matter why. Truth is not subjective. It is obvious from the video that the Israelis tried to do this as peaceful as possible and they only shot people to defend themselves. You don't shoot people who are attacking you in the knees if you are trying to kill them.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Have to agreee with you. Reid is a pile alright. Personally, I hope he gets destroyed in the election.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4

Reid is trash. He should be mowing lawns for a living or asking for change on a street corner.

Chorizo
ok it seems you don't like Reid. Can you give us a link as to why or any one thing in particular?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by chorizo4

Chorizo
ok it seems you don't like Reid. Can you give us a link as to why or any one thing in particular?

Oh come on. If something smells I don't have to put my nose in it.

I got your link right here.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I posted a video of the incident. I think that the protesters were out of line, and that both sides are to blame.

It bothers me having a politician receiving funds for supporting another country, regardless of my feelings about that country.

Video

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I dont have a link, but my reason is that the piece of crap forced through healtchare reform against the will of the American people. It might be one thing if it was a good bill, but Reid, Pelosi, and Obama tell us what devils the insurance companies are and then they force us to buy insurance from said companies. Plus, the bill doesnt even address costs what so ever other than the law of supply and demand predict that the new law will cause them to increase.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

How is Israel to blame?

They gave them repeated offers to dock at a port and have the ship inspected to avoid any incident.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Three Legs

I was actually unaware that had been offered. Now I'm really irritated with the pro activist crowd. I don't know how I missed that part.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Yeah it is true. Just look it up for yourself, because I dont even trust me sometimes.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

I was actually unaware that had been offered. Now I'm really irritated with the pro activist crowd. I don't know how I missed that part.

Raustin
that is partly why I posted this thread. So there would be another perspective on things.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well thank you for posting it. I am rather surprised that I missed the news Israel was willing to let the flotilla dock.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Raustin
glad I got it posted also. Anti Israel talk is nothing new around here. So this article kind of jumped out at me when I saw it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There was a woman on RT news tonight, tried to catch her name, but mentioned that the proof about what really happened the first time and what happened on the new flotilla is proof that the people that were apprehended today were true aid workers, and the last (which consisted of people being killed) were terrorist. I hope someone else caught that news. I really cant remember her name. Sorry.

Peace to you...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I think you may be hearing it a little more on the MSM. Despite all the anti Israel talk around here the Pro Israel groups do have a lot of power. So in one way or another I think it might get out there.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Only in america... The rest of the world at least understands the situation and see things as they really are... and condemn the cold-blooded murder of human beings whose only "crime" was in caring for fellow human beings.. And you guys wonder why the u.s has a bad reputation abroad...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join