It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close-Up Footage of Mavi Marmara Passengers Attacking IDF Soldiers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Close-Up Footage of Mavi Marmara Passengers Attacking Israeli Soldiers

Thought I would share this video with the community. Protesters certainly don't seem all that peaceful to me.

Link

edited a million times because I kept putting in the wrong video

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Great post. It is obvious that Israel tried to handle this in the most peaceful manner appropriate, but all the Nazi's on this sight want to believe that it was all Israels fault.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Three Legs

Yeah I thought it might be a good idea to highlight the actions of the 'peaceful' protesters.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm getting sick of watching these State produced videos. How do you expect people to take these videos seriously coming from a government that confiscated every single recording device (as well as all their cash and personal belongings) that belonged to the passengers? How can you trust thieves and pirates to tell the truth?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
I'm getting sick of watching these State produced videos. How do you expect people to take these videos seriously coming from a government that confiscated every single recording device (as well as all their cash and personal belongings) that belonged to the passengers? How can you trust thieves and pirates to tell the truth?

Are you saying this video was doctored?
second line per rules.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Just adding another piece to the puzzle. I don't expect you to believe it. I don't expect you would believe anything pro Israel.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

second line per rules.

I'm saying thieves can't be trusted. They robbed them of all their cash and belongings as well as all their recording devices. Thieves should be thrown in jail not trying to produce "evidence".

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ughhh, this is one of those topics I cant let slide by without a comment. My head would explode if I did, I'm sure of it, lol.
You cant take 1 chapter out of entire collection of books and come up with a fair idea of the complete story.
Whats missing are the moments prior to this scene. The IDF repelled out of a helicopter gunship, under the cover of darkness, in riot gear and carried heavy weaponry, they were the attackers. I'm def pro-peace but I know fer sure if I needed to protect myself, or mine, there'd be some crap going down. It'd be on like Donkey Kong..lol.
These ppl were civilians and had every right to protect themselves by any means necessary, sticks, poles, chairs...etc.. Being thrown over board is just one of those means.
I'm not anti-jewish/Israel/semetic, I am however anti-zionist. Whats going on over there is wrong. It's evil and immoral and why it's allowed to continue is beyond me.Theyre using the excuse of Hamas, who were democratically voted in, to use collective punishment against innocent ppl. The Palestinians are having their familial lands ripped out from underneath them, community water supplies are being blocked off, community mills are being destroyed and crops ripe with food are being overturned.
Why must hospitals be blown up? Or school houses with children still in them? Why block food, water filters, and medical supplies from ppl who've done nothing wrong? It's genocide, the killing of a group of ppl because of who they are. By the grace of God or by dumb luck we happened to be fortunate enough to be born (insert anyplace) and not in the M.E. All because of some BS religion that states one group of ppl deserve more than another. Because their God says this small patch of Earth is their holy ground. 'Their' God? A God who holds one group of ppl higher than another is not a kind, just and loving God.
So, If I were one of these ppl on this boat, I'd fight for my safety and I'd fight for those who cant or arent able to fight for themselves because it's the right thing to do, because somebody needs to help these ppl who deserve health, happiness and safety just as much we do. I dont believe in a 'God' per say but I do believe we are all 'part of a Whole'. I believe that 'if' we are ever to be judged it will be directly related to how we treat our fellow man.
So, there. There are my thoughts on everything from that clip to the reasons why that ship was going there to begin with.
I have to add 1 more thing to my HUGE post but I feel it's true and would maybe change the course of whats happening in the M.E. I have a very dear friend that I met online about 3 yrs ago, Ghassan is His name. Him and his family live in Beruit and We've all become 'pen pals' of a sort. They are some of the most amazing ppl I've ever had the chance to know. I love everyone one of them, from the mother to the wives to the brothers to the little sister. It's personalized whats happening over there for me. I always say..."If everyone had a Ghassan then there'd might not be a war at all." Everybody needs a Ghassan.

Peace. K*

[edit on 6/6/10 by Demetre]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

What?! Hamas demonstrators not being peaceful?! That is shocking!

[edit on 6/6/10 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Why isn't anybody saying that BOTH sides should have handled themselves differently.

Perhaps Israel was wrong in coming on too strong. It could have used tactics other than having commandos board the boat and kill people.

Perhaps the "activists" or whatever you want to call them were in the wrong, too. They should have just raised their hands in the air and let the Israelis search their boat for contraband that was supposedly not there.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I think it is rather telling that the 'activists' resorted to violence when their ship was boarded. They knew what they were getting into, and while Israel may have been too aggressive, no one would have been killed if the 'demonstrators' had just allowed the ship to be searched.

I actually do blame both sides, but in this case I'm a little more pro IDF.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If ur not pro-Israel ur a Nazi? I'm not pro-anything that causes the death, starvation and torture of a collective ppl who've done nothing but having the suck-ass luck of being born where they are. Whats so ironic is the fact that Israel is doing to the palestinians exactly what Germany did to them, that makes them the Nazis before anyone else.
This humanitarian ship did know what they were up against and should have thought it through as to how they could handle this situation...once they got into Israeli waters. These ships were in INTERNATIONAL waters. What the IDF did was illegally board the ships with weapons and stole belongings like cell phones, computers etc, this makes it piracy with no justification what-so-ever. Boarding these ships with weapons and detaining these ppl, in International waters violates universal laws...
What makes their actions okay? If this were a different scenario with different ppl involved that ship wouldve been hunted down and held responsible for their actions. If they had not illegally boarded this boat...in international water...this situation would not have taken place and noone wouldve died.

Peace-K*

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

If the crew had done what Israel asked, no one would have died either. Israel offered to let them dock and bring the aid.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I understand completely. Both parties could/shouldve done different but Israel has no authority in international waters. If they were set on stopping these boats why not wait for them in Israel waters. They would then have the authority to use whatever means they felt necessary but I'm afarid the result wouldve been the same. Were so far from where we should be.

K*

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three Legs
reply to post by Raustin

Great post. It is obvious that Israel tried to handle this in the most peaceful manner appropriate, but all the Nazi's on this sight want to believe that it was all Israels fault.

Originally posted by broahes

second line per rules.

Indeed they were doctored as Israel has not even released the raw video only heavily edited video from the time the soldiers were going in. They have confesticated all video and pictures from the activists onboard.

This thread sheds light on it www.abovetopsecret.com... with source www.salon.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If they meant a peaceful confrontation, why did they send armed soldiers?

Why did those soldiers have the support of gunships and gunboats?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

I agree they should not have boarded the vessel in international waters. I also agree that we are very far from where we should be.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Because they did not know what to expect aboard the ship.

2nd

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Bullhockey

From a May 25th Guardian story www.guardian.co.uk...
Israelis promise to stop eight ships carrying 10,000 tonnes of aid, 800 activists and politicians from more than 40 countries...
The boats

• Four cargo ships

• Four passenger ships

• Coming from Turkey, Greece, Ireland

On board

• 700 to 800 peace activists and MPs from more than 40 countries

• 10,000 tonnes of supplies, including:

• Cement

• Generators

• Water purification equipment

• 20 tonnes of paper for schools

• Prefabricated homes

• $1m (£700,000) of medical equipment, including: CAT scanners' wheelchairs, crutches

• A complete dental surgery, including drills and a chair

• Sports equipment, including footballs and basketballs

• Crayons and pens

• Chocolate

Paid for

• By donations, ranging from $1.39 from an individual in Brunei to €300,000 (£256,000) collected in Malaysia

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Well said Sir. I too salute the bravery of these young commandos in dealing with these militant Turkish brutes. The only problem is that the lesson has not yet been learned by the "aid ships" as all we hear now is that more of these militants are on the way.

I believe Israel must now use decisive force as it did against the USS Liberty to end this terrorist onslaught from the sea.

If only Obama had the courage to support our allies in these times of need & send US ships to aid Israel in their struggle against terror.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join