It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers seem to be attacking ATS....Again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by blupblup

Roflmao.

Didn't he live in the basement of his mother's house?

There was defo a bit of the 'Norman Bates' about him.

Yeah I think he did mate.... there were pics of his bedroom though if I remember and a load of his star-wars stuff?

I'll have to dig around and find something....

ETA:

Here ya go...

[edit on 6/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
How did this become the "everybody make fun of jedimiller" thread anyway?

I actually feel sorry for the poor guy. No wonder he's turning into Norman Bates when he has so many people ganging up on him all the time........

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

It was his threads that were bumped, or some anyway.
And It's more reminiscing that making fun of...

You can take the Jedi out of the Bates Motel, But you can't take the Bates Motel out of the Jedi.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
You can take the Jedi out of the Bates Motel, But you can't take the Bates Motel out of the Jedi.

Actually, yeah you can.

Just quit ganging up on him, and then he won't go postal on all your asses. Simple.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'd like to add...

I think its funny, considering the content of the site that some person can come on here claiming conspiracy, especially one involving the site and the staff says nothing to see here, just move along. And all you people are just oh, ok nothing to see.

I'm not saying there is anything to anything he is saying, but theres got to be 10,000 posts regarding bases on the moon, and people saying "oh yeah theres no doubt about it". Countless others where the government is out to kill you, rape your sister and disembowel your dog, and everyones all "oh yeah theres no doubt about it".

But this guy can come on here, and since his conspiracy involves something the most of you love (ATS) once the staff says nothing to see here, he's and obvious looney toon and the general concensus is "oh yeah theres no doubt about it".

Use his arguement, replace ATS with FBI and there would be pages of threads about what he might know, and the nazi regime that is censoring this brave freedom fighter.

There could very well be absolutely nothing to what the guy says, but ATS could very well be a tool used to monitor dissent, cognitive thought, insanity, or whatever.

The point being, one can make a thread in which he says he farted, opened a wormhole to zeta reticuli, spoke with the lion people who say that october 6 the world will experience a blackout and the whole world will see its future and he will have tons of replies and people "believing" his story. But if he says information he posted on ATS in turn was used to prosecute and imprison him he has obvious mental problems and is a troll?

I don't understand that line of reasoning.

On a site where every entity you can think of is the bad guy and secretly out to dismantle civilization as we know it, ATS as an entity gets a free pass.

If the gov. were censoring this guy the way ATS had, it would be the "smoking gun" that he actually had something worthwhile to say, but since its ATS he is just a disgruntled troll.

I'm not downing ATS, supporting this guy, or futher expounding his story. I don't understand why the thought process that keeps ATS as a site alive stops when it involves ATS.

I hope someone can understand what I'm trying to say here.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

I don't understand that line of reasoning.

On a site where every entity you can think of is the bad guy and secretly out to dismantle civilization as we know it, ATS as an entity gets a free pass.

Not at all ... there are tons of threads suggesting or claiming that ATS is this or that, and when they pop up as they inevitably do, ATS staff doesn't remove them to a fault.

There's a difference between someone making a semi-cohesive argument and another spamming the board with repeated copies of the same post.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Posting knowingly false information is a bannable offense. Hoaxing is a bannable offense. Spamming is a bannable offense. The people who run the site know which claims about the site are false. We have plenty of threads viewable about ATS-Cointelpro etc right now. We're not devoting additional bandwidth for new threads for topics we know to be false.

If someone wants to speculate about the nefarious goings on at ATS, they'll need to do it elsewhere, and there are plenty of places to do that. We're not entertaining new versions of a topic we know to be false.

Those questions have been brought up and responded to ad nauseam. People don't like us. It happens. It doesn't mean we're obligated to provide a platform for every crackpot grudge holder or serial troublemaker who registers an account.

Most people understand that as basic common sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

You do realise he was banned over a year and a half ago right?
He is no longer a member and hasn't been for a long time.
So he will not go postal....

Quit your moaning.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This guy is full of it I googled ATS 6 months in jail and got this thread as the number one hit....There are plenty of ATS haters out there on other discussion boards if there was one ounce of truth to this "story" it would be easy to prove....

Yes because everything that happens ever, is always posted on the internet immediatly. And will show up in google searches instantly.

Did he say what he spent 6 month in jail for? maybe he posted something like: Im going to blow this plane that i am on.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
its funny what some people have posted about hackers, like they are some mysterious force.

"the hackers are actually on your side" hahaha no.

You know the owners of this website when it first started, had sections on hacking, including lots of txt files, on how to do what, etc...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Too bad there is not a way to block them from rejoining, but with
mutliple email addresses and ip numbers, I guess that is not possible...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
You do realise he was banned over a year and a half ago right?
He is no longer a member and hasn't been for a long time.
So he will not go postal....

Quit your moaning.

I'm not "moaning", just standing up for someone who is the target of continuous abuse - even a year and a half after he got banned!

Besides, the rule is to discuss the topics, not the members, isn't it? So I don't know how or why it's suddenly acceptable for a bunch of members to start singling out and ridiculing one member, especially one who got banned a long time ago........?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

yeah well, it might have been his threads that were bumped, but, I don't think it was him. He could easily get a new sn, and then be right back into his old ways, without the attention.

Past members come and go for a lot of different reasons.

Do I think it's right to talk about them in a negative way, for past issues?

No.

It's a waste of time, and consider if this person was you? If you can't prove it, yet are slinging your thoughts around as you have been, I think it's you who has too much time on your hands, given other topics you could be participating in, rather than slinging poo, on a past member.

Just ignore him. Or can't you get past the glory of vilifying a person no longer a member to defend themselves.

Honestly, I'm ashamed at people speculating with no proof.

Deny Ignorance, much?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Well said, Blanca Rose.

Ganging up and ridiculing a long-banned member in a BB&Q thread, yeah real cool guys......

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
If you can't prove it, yet are slinging your thoughts around as you have been,

Slinging thoughts about.... Oh no, could have someone's eye out huh?

I think it's you who has too much time on your hands, given other topics you could be participating in, rather than slinging poo, on a past member.

You think it's me who has too much time? As opposed to who and in relation to what? I didn't say anything about anyone having time on their hands?
What are you on about?

Ever heard of banter? Ever heard of taking the piss?
It's fun... and a very British and Aussie thing
(note the 3 people involved)

Just ignore him.

I can't, he was banned a long time ago... I thought we'd established that?

Honestly, I'm ashamed at people speculating with no proof.
Deny Ignorance, much?

really?

90% of the threads on this site are "speculation with no proof" What are you doing on here? Shouldn't you be too ashamed to be here?

Seriously.... what is the problem?

Get a grip.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There will come a time when you are no longer a member, for whatever reasons. You could be banned, or die.

Some people just need to be let go of, and you posting the picture, plus yor thoughts, on a PERSON, were not acceptable to me. CAN I MAKE THAT anymore clearer?

You have no proof, this person was Jedi Miller, you speculate.

I am sorry sir, you think your having fun, and I think your pompass.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
There will come a time when you are no longer a member, for whatever reasons. You could be banned, or die.

Indeed.... that's a pleasant thought huh?
Nice of you to think that way.

You have no proof, this person was Jedi Miller, you speculate.

Exactly... It was a joke really, a suggestion.
I haven't seen you attacking the other people who also mention him?
But that's cool... I have broad shoulders and your argument is pathetic, so no worries.

I am sorry sir, you think your having fun, and I think your pompass.

Thanks, I think you're uptight and have so sense of humour so...., I'm glad we got it all out in the open

Well this was fun, perhaps the next time you're feeling in such a fun mood, you can let me know.
Perhaps we could attack other people having fun or perhaps talk about other people dying (or maybe me again) or something else?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This thread has now run its course.

Issue dealt with by staff.

Thread now closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join