It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers seem to be attacking ATS....Again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I keep seeing breaking new threads with negative posts using names like miketysonpunch and jacksonbrown and captainskyhawk

He is claiming he did 6 months in jail because of his posts to ats and that ats is a government run website... Ha ha ha ha Whatever!!!!

Hang in the ATS mods and staff and keep the red bulls flowing it might be a long afternoon

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i saw one of this guys posts. is what he is saying true and is he a hacker?
seems pretty spooky to me

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah. This guy really seems determined to post his rant. Does each username need a different email address? If so, this person must have a ton of them. If not, hacker? That thought is a bit troublesome.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Probably just means some of the Posts and Threads in here are truly frightening and True !

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
most likely he is a college student with access to multiple computers and servers, this kinda debunks him spending any time in jail....

[edit on 5-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yeah I saw all those weird "minus replies" threads....

Odd.

link   
Yeap it has been a bit weird on here today - Even had problems getting onto the site ....kept getting 503 error & Internal Service error 123

[edit on 5-6-2010 by vesta]

link   
Meh...

Just someone who has too much time on their hands... It's been dealt with.

They will eventually return under a new username.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

Yeap it has been a bit weird on here today - Even had problems getting onto the site ....kept getting 503 error & Internal Service error 123

[edit on 5-6-2010 by vesta]

That's what I get when S.O. is working on stuff. Unrelated to the spammer(s).

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Yeah I saw all those weird "minus replies" threads....

The - reply threads are not that uncommon ... if I remember the staff explanation correctly they are old threads that the reply counter went wonky when ATS switched servers or software and the such.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
i saw one of this guys posts. is what he is saying true and is he a hacker?
seems pretty spooky to me

And to add to Mirthful's post (and to answer yours)..

No, Nothing he is saying is true.. I'd think we'd know if there was anything legal involving our beloved website that we frequent

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
perhaps a peed off banned member wanting lime light?

usually go away if "ignored"

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ah ok.... so that's not related?
The OP seemed to say about the negative replies count too?

Thought it must have been connected since now all those negative/minus reply threads are gone....

Hmmmm

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ahhhh

keyboard warriors....

They are SOOOOO funny.

Just ignore them - like trolls...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks Johnny. I saw one of his personas in a thread today, and he has since been banned by the moderators, at least under that name.

I think one or more threads here at ATS have hit a nerve with somebody with an agenda; if it had to guess, I would say it was BP related, but
since there are so many other possibilties, who knows?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If he had a genuine case then surely he would have posted his former user name so that some of our long term members woud be able to at least remember him being a member and possibly posted anything controversial.

I know for a fact the staff etc wouldn't dream of releasing his ex username, and quite rightly, but being the sort of people most of us are I bet most of us would like to know.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Bumping old threads is kind of a lame tactic but whatever floats their boat I guess. Speaking of boats, I wonder if this has anything to do with the IDF

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well it was Jedimiller's threads that were bumped so.... maybe him?

:shk:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Lol.

What a character, had me in hysterics at times, but there was always that 'something' about him.

Sorely missed, but rightfully banned!

[edit on 5/6/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Of course you all will deny it!

I don't see motive other than trolling, so that's pretty much that.

Trolling on ATS, in a trolls perspective, is one of the best places to do so. Why? Take a look at our topics. It's pretty much asking for it with today's closed minded society. Thankfully, ATS has a system in which you can easily tell trolls from honest members. Flag and star system, along with many other ways ATS members are recognized for what they contribute. (comment box, friend or foe, warning signs, so on so forth, its full proof)

Although there are the trolls that master their game, ones in which will contribute for so long only to get reputation, and then say something that with their contributions, isn't easily ignored. These are the serious ones.

I would hardly call them hackers. Hacking takes brains, skill, and guts. Trolling takes a complete idiot with a Internet connection.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join