It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer shown the door at SE Portland cafe

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizzychicken73

You use a totally improper comparison, and I am calling you on it. You claim that ONLY A FEW bad apples are cops..the majority are wonderful human beings that would'nt think of violating anyones rights...correct?

Well, that is nonsense!! The VAST MAJORITY of police are PERJURERS and worse. Even a veteran cop like the former chief of Seattle, Norm Stamper, have said that he believes that fully 99% ( Ninety nine) of all cops LIE on the stand to make a case. Most ALL cops will IGNORE seeing their fellow cops violate the laws and rules and protect each other.

The mailmen in a year arrested for stahing mail is miniscule..a few at most. But HUNDREDS of cops are arrested or sued for their crimes every year and far more escape detection. Police are NOT just regular guys out there...they are a clique,a club..an exclusive members only bunch that cover up for each other ( if you are a cop and deny you have ignored violations by others you are a LIAR)..and far worse.

Forgive me for not having any sympathy for this cop, he KNEW that this was a place that did not like cops, and he figured he would SHOW THOSE RADICALS that they could not gather together in peace and comfort....HE could go and bother them, in uniform.

A cop in uniform is like waving a red flag at a bull....it brings out all the hate. Hate for abuses...hate for all the lost lives due to police murder...all the time spent in jails due to PERJURY of cops...it goes on and on.

GOOD for the owner, and I hope one day to see cops so despised, so hated, so unwelcome that they have NO where to go but back to the station so the cockroaches can gather together with their own kind and leave the decent people alone.

Who wants a cop in uniform approaching your customers and engaging them? It looks bad...like they are investigating and harrassing. Most places should be private clubs anyway....that makes it easy to keep the trash from blowing in and infecting the customers with their bad vibes.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Are you kidding me?

What the hell is wrong with you?

This is why that cop was asked to leave. It's because of this behavior, that you represent. They operate a cafe on the corner, out in the open. They're not pedaling drugs, I can assure you.

Your assurances mean nothing, and in fact reinforce the possibility that the owner himself is supplementing his income by dealing drugs. After all, most anarchists are grubby miserable little malcontents with a chip on their shoulder because they got spanked by their mommy or because some gal stole their g/f. They rarely have more than a nickel in their pocket.

So it's very likely that the cafe owner needs to work outside the law to make ends meet. But that's the price of his anarchist philosophy.

And you say you're from New England? I don't believe it. That kind of crap would never happen up here. Seriously, are you a west coast transplant?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

its amazing to hear the police blowing hrs following people like this and often not pulling them over at all in the end, theyll call it off after so long, longest i heard was 5 hours,

We won't ask about your ability to waste 5 continuous hours listening to a police scanner. But where are you? No cop in any city of any size can afford to spend 5 hours following anyone, unless they are on undercover assignment. Normal calls always interfere. And not too many people spend 5 hours driving around buying tomatoes.

You must live in East Podunk, Brackish Water, Arkansas, yes?

Who spends 5 hrs buying tomato supplies?

I'm calling BS on this one...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
In what police state do you reside?

This incident happened in the US, which is not a police state, so if you are speaking of the US, I might ask you the same two questions you opened your last post with.

I'll respond to your query by referencing your prior post. This about sums about the "police state" theory.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
That might happen, but I rather doubt that they would do that. Certainly, the uniformed police might choose not to drop in from time to time as a show of support and I wouldn't blame them.

However, what I would suspect is that since the manager has stated on video that his customers are made uncomfortable by the mere presence of uniformed officers, the police department will happy to send some undercover officers to pay periodic visits to see just what really goes on there.

These guys are really good at what they do and are perfectly capable of blending into any setting they so desire.

I don't care if you're a cop or not, but you act like a typical thug cop. You don't deserve any respect if you wear a badge. I hope the next coffee shop that this "cop" walks into makes him his coffee and then splashes it all over his uniform and badge. That about sums up the majority of America's feelings towards people like you.

Rather than just do your damn jobs, you carry this attitude around with you. Your quote, above, that. It's clear that you understand what's going on here, but you choose to be the arrogant thug. Congratulations, you're such a tough guy. Guess what? You're never going to get any respect, ever, not until you get rid of your thug attitude.

There are over 2 million citizens incarcerated in the United States now, and I believe it just recently broke 2.5 million. That isn't to include the many citizens on probation. It's estimated that the prison population increases by 1000 every single week. We imprison more people than any other country in the world, even some of the worst countries combined.

Then on the streets, we have these cops, as seen in the video. Who think they are Roman prefects reincarnated, bound by law to be respected, or else the citizens be damned, and harassed. Going undercover to spy on people for nothing, and harassing customers at a coffee shop that just wants to be left alone.

Congratulations scumbags, you make America so proud.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Xtrozero

Just to be clear, when you say "repercussions", does it not occur to you that the fact that there will be repercussions is the entire point here? This man is either coerced into liking people he just doesn't like (whether he is right or wrong), or standing up for himself and having those people (who his tax dollars support) retaliate.

A "rock and a hard place" decision is not freedom. It is not liberty. It is tyranny. It is the whole problem here. You either cooperate and comply, or you get targeted.

There being "repercussions" is not freedom, and it proves that cooperation is coerced via threat, be it implied or not.

By repercussions I don't mean directly from the cops in the local area, I mean from what he has biased his attitude towards everything around him, and what he did with the cop is not some isolated thought, but more a lifestyle he has chosen to live. That lifestyle or attitude towards the country he lives in will generate repercussions during his life.

In short, some people without the help of anyone or thing around them have the tendency to create their own little version of hell that they willingly live in....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer

Just because he wears a uniform doesn't mean he has the right to go in there. He has that right so long as the owner/management allow it.

Well he bought a cup of coffee.. Do you ask yourself if you have the right every time you enter an establishment?

It is an establishment open to the public is it not, and to support that establishment in buying its produce i would say it gives him some rights at least or maybe the manager should put a sign on the door that says "No Cops' allowed.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gravykraken

I agree with you 100%

2nd line

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
In most circles, the cop's reaction by going on television and claiming he was "embarrassed" (with a grin on his face by the way), and the referring to the civil rights abuse era and saying it "reminded him of segregation"..

In most circles, that person and his reaction is what would we calla "Drama Queen". I actually know many cops, in person, and quite a few of them would have just nodded and said "No problem, have a nice day.", then calmly walked out the door and found a cup of coffee somewhere else.

Why would these cops do that, might you ask? Well, because they know their place. They don't expect to walk into a cafe with clientele that is clearly "anti-establishment" and get greeted warmly and casually. They don't care, they just go elsewhere, there are plenty of places to do it.

That cop walked in there to cause a scene, and so did that woman. They saw fit to not only be drama queens, but they decided to go on TV as well. It was all a setup, for who knows what, maybe they're trying to crap on the cafe because they don't like those sorts of people.

One has to wonder how a reporter even gets a hold of this story in the first place. Clearly the news network was approached, and for the sole purpose of launching a smear campaign towards a select group. Frankly, I don't think it worked, it just made the cop look rather ridiculous.. Maybe if he put some menthol under his eyes and cried, people would have been more sympathetic to his 'embarrassment'.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

There are over 2 million citizens incarcerated in the United States now, and I believe it just recently broke 2.5 million. That isn't to include the many citizens on probation. It's estimated that the prison population increases by 1000 every single week. We imprison more people than any other country in the world, even some of the worst countries combined.

Then on the streets, we have these cops, as seen in the video. Who think they are Roman prefects reincarnated, bound by law to be respected, or else the citizens be damned, and harassed. Going undercover to spy on people for nothing, and harassing customers at a coffee shop that just wants to be left alone.

Congratulations scumbags, you make America so proud.

I disagree wholeheartedly with my country's War on Drugs. I publicly advocate for the repeal of the insane drug laws and support an individual's right of control over his/her own body.

That said, there is a reason the US has a higher prison population than "any other country" and it is not really related to our insane and schizophrenic drug laws. Instead, it is because many of the countries JUST EXECUTE those that break their laws. "Go to the Gallows... Go directly to the Gallows... Do Not Pass Jail." To paraphrase.

Really! Does anyone honestly believe that China or Russia has a Gentler - Kinder- more "liberal" penal system than the US? What about Singapore or Iran? Two very different countries.

The US *incarcerates* more BECAUSE we EXECUTE FEWER. Not exactly a BAD THING... especially when you are considering "victimless crimes".

PS: Critial Thinking Caps are not really optional.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Well, I disagree with that sentiment. Yes, some countries are brutal and have no mercy in their judicial systems, but that doesn't negate the fact that we simply imprison too many people in the United States.

Most are in prison for questionable crimes, with extended sentences for the sake of it. I say questionable crimes, because these people are thrown in jail next to murderers and rapists, and all they did was have a possession charge, or something no one cares about.

The prison system is a business now, and this business would prefer to incarcerate "the easy ones", as it's simply more cost effective and simpler to imprison someone who isn't going to be a problem, rather than hardcore criminals. They jump all over marijuana possession because these people are usually soft targets, and will not make a fuss. It comes out of the taxpayers pocket, but a select group is making cash hand over fist.

We simply put a Lot of people behind bars, it's not because we "execute less". I always find the typical argument to support America's problems, is to reference one of the worst countries in the world and say "They have it worst, so we are doing better." When someone expresses concern over their country, they are told to leave and go "live in Iran, or China, or Turkey". It's a really silly argument in my opinion.

The prison population is massive, and it cannot be denied.

There are ongoing threads on ATS to reiterate my claims, here:
Highly questionable Life sentencing.
and here:
Judges accepting Bribes for harsher sentences.
Check it out.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I think you misunderstand. And it is actually worse.

It isn't "good" as in "exceptional". It is "good" as in "not corrupt".

The measure isn't job performance. The bar is far lower than that. It is about whether or not they are corrupt, or fit to serve.

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

The standard for what is right has gotten so low that all you have to do to be a good cop is not get drunk, snort a bunch of coke, kill a woman's unborn baby and walk home.

It is sad but it seems even more sad that we have people defending that as a standard we should be happy with.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I was just rereading this story. Jeebus.

Well, I wonder what the owner is going to say when the place is robbed? You know, since everyone now knows that there are no cops there.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow I really find all this sad and confusing. The police officers in our area stop and get coffee all the time since they are running around a lot and on calls they need a coffee. some may be not so great people like some of every profession but wow! to decide all people in one profession are bad is stange to me. to kick anyone out of your business until they do something horrible is plain weird to me.
When the owner of the business has his home broke into or is mugged or something and calls the police he will be really glad someone answered his call. I respect the police, they face danger all the time a lot of dumb husbands beating wifes or like my dad when i was a kid he always had a gun but the police came anyway even though he shot at them more then once (messed up war hero) and i am probably still alive because they came every stupid time! Who would want to work that job with the low pay they get.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Well, I wonder what the owner is going to say when the place is robbed? You know, since everyone now knows that there are no cops there.

I wonder what the manager would do if I ordered a coffee and when they put it on the counter I just took it and walked out....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by signal2noise

I wonder what the manager would do if I ordered a coffee and when they put it on the counter I just took it and walked out....

Because you do not approve of how he exercises his rights, you feel that it is appropriate to break the law and steal from him? What country are you from? In America, we do not break laws to show people that we do not like their opinions.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
america imprisons a higher percentage of its population then ANY other country in the WORLD, that sounds like a police state to me!!!! if you dont believe that then that is an example of how ignorant you are.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

america imprisons a higher percentage of its population then ANY other country in the WORLD, that sounds like a police state to me!!!! if you dont believe that then that is an example of how ignorant you are.

That is a hollow statement. What you mean is, the United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world. Take a look at China, NK, or many African or Asian nations. They refuse to keep or disclose numbers. Have you ever heard about the Gulag Archipelago? Research it sometime;

Though the scope of the text ends in 1956, the last prisoners sentenced according to the political paragraphs of the criminal code were quietly released in 1989. The exact number of Soviet citizens who went through the camp system will never be known, especially as key documentation was deliberately destroyed as the USSR was collapsing. Figures apparently compiled by the Gulag administration itself, and released by Soviet historians in 1989, show that a total of 10 million people were sent to the camps in the period from 1934 to 1947. The true figures remain unknown. Western estimates of the total number of deaths in the Gulag in the period from 1918 to 1956 range from 15 to 30 million.

en.wikipedia.org...

What have you got to say about that?

So your statement is hollow. If you don't accept what I have pointed out, "then that is an example of how ignorant you are".

[edit on 11-6-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

That's because most of the crimes you commit in America that get you imprisoned will get you killed instantly in other countries. Like China and Russia for instance. As well as in most South American countries; cops over there have the right to shoot at anybody who commits a serious crime and runs from them whether they are armed or not. And in some middle-eastern countries? Doing something as simple as shoplifting will result in your hand being cut off.

Here in US when somebody is executed? They get a lethal-injection. In Saudi-Arabia they let you pray to Allah for forgiveness before they cut your head off with a solid-gold sword.

Don't take my word for it. Go see for yourself.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
SMARTEST FREE PUBLICITY FOR A COFFEE SHOP EVER.

That coffee shop owner is a very smart business man. He just got his coffee shop on national news.

Knowing Portland (Bush once called it "Little Beirut") there were be so many latte liberals now going out of their way just to go to this "cop free" zone.

SALES are going up for him, for sure.

As for the cop? He'll live even though his feelings got hurt. "Cop's feelings get hurt - News at 11!"

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

SMARTEST FREE PUBLICITY FOR A COFFEE SHOP EVER.

Dumbest move by a businessman ever. What kind of clientele is he trying to attract? The loser dregs - anarchist wimps. But he is sure to attract them. Problem is, they rarely have two nickels to rub together.

That coffee shop owner is a very smart business man. He just got his coffee shop on national news.

And Fred Phelp's church is now nationally known. Want to know how much enrollment in his 'church' has increased because of it? Go on, take a guess.

SALES are going up for him, for sure.

So it's all about the MONEY, huh???!!!

As for the cop? He'll live even though his feelings got hurt. "Cop's feelings get hurt - News at 11!"

And the normal ones of society will cruise past the cafe, windows rolled up, laughing and pointing and

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join