It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Herald Sun has a story with a video and pictures. Been Reported all along the east coast from Melbourne to brisbane. www.heraldsun.com.au...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here's another report from yahoo7.
If you click 'enlarge' on the photo it shows a pretty clear swirl / spiral.
Damn, wasn't up that early to see it.

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As this phenomenom was clearly not a failed rocket launch, it begs the question: what was the Norway Spiral? And as for the astonomer quoted previously who tried to explain this event away: what planet is he on? This is clearly something that's never been widely documented or witnessed previously in Australia.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

source given byppk55
au.news.yahoo.com...
'Geoffrey Whyatt from the Sydney Observatory says it was probably a satellite, space junk or a rocket.

"The fact that you've got the rotation, the spiral effect, is very reminiscent of the much widely reported sightings from Norway and Russia last year, which both turned out to be a Bulava missile which was being adjusted in its orbit," he said.'

Did you read the observatory in Sydney says it might be something similair to a bulova rocket being adjusted lol these people come up with lame explanation a even a high school student wouldnt believe ..........

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Ashcool007]

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Ashcool007]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007
'Geoffrey Whyatt from the Sydney Observatory says it was probably a satellite, space junk or a rocket.

What I don't get is how these observatories never report it FIRST. They always have to offer up some explanation AFTER everyone else has seen it.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
one thing i failed to mention was how slow it seemed to travel...initially it appeared stationary, then slowly moving off...but SLOWLY!!

I mention this because I see a lot of commentary saying it "shot" through the sky , or it "reminded people of a comet..."it was none of the sort....and it was BIG...bigger than a full moon, which the photos I have seen today,do no justice to....

Also, a few comments have also concurred that (on the Gold Coast) the sky was clear....so why the mist/foggy stuff???

Hmmm......

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

I agree with you and on top of that why do they never give a proper scientific explanation as to why the spiral movements occur pathetic astronomers.....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

Go to page four of this thread, and look for my first post. You are even named in it!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
On the Rabbit hole, Lucus had a part of the presentation that stated there are spirals scratched into stone at high elevations all over Earth, and not just spirals, but whole pictographic stories. The gist of the story seems to be "When you see spirals in the sky, gather up your goats and your children and move to higher elevations before the waters come and destroy your cities." If I lived near an ocean, I think I would be moving about now.

www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If you look at the comment section of this link someone reported seeing the trajectory of the Falcon 9 from the Gold Coast of Australia:

news.cnet.com...

So, I'm sticking with my original instinct. Falcon 9.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here's a series of still photo's taken from the Mt. Coot-tha location in Queensland.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05396dc70b6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a very clear indication of a spiral structure very reminiscent of the Norway Spiral event.
This image was taken in Hastings Point, New South Wales.
I've also produced a x20 enlargement.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9841fffc7efd.jpg[/atsimg]

I've managed to get an initial indication of the viewing locations and they extend all the way along the Australian east coast .... from up north in Queensland all the way down south to New South Wales.
We can immediately conclude that based on the significant geographical spacing, that this was unquestionably a high altitude event/observation.
Here's a map indicating these locations and a tentative direction of travel based on various observer comments.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68024064c393.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a halogram?????

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinau
what was the Norway Spiral?

The event in Norway was definitively proven to be another failed test of the new Russian RSM-56 Bulava missile. The test on December 9th was the 7th failed test in the 5 years the missile has been in testing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Super Sweet!
Thanks for those pics and information, very nice!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by comradespartan

So this is another Russian test from near Australia, man I am sick of these lame explanations given by the TpTd people.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This has to be the best footage ive come across so far. Really good quality footage almost right overhead!

news.ninemsn.com.au...^technology^1064435

[edit on 4-6-2010 by flipp]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Check the video they have up there now, they change it every so often but this is the best video footage so far.

Wow.

ETA: Poster above me beat me by a minute, we are talking about the same footage. Good stuff.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
If you look at the comment section of this link someone reported seeing the trajectory of the Falcon 9 from the Gold Coast of Australia:

news.cnet.com...

So, I'm sticking with my original instinct. Falcon 9.

Hi Mate

Great work I was looking at the same article and wondering myself that what was witnessed was the Falcon 9

www.astronautix.com...

Cheers

Ocker

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007

So this is another Russian test from near Australia, man I am sick of these lame explanations given by the TpTd people.

Nope. Pretty sure Australia would be upset if the Russian Navy conducted missile tests near its waters. But if you look at the pictures closely, the two sets of images look nothing alike. This new event over Australia looks more like a crescent than a spiral. Also, the failed test in Norway was stationary in reference to the people who saw it. IE, the object was moving away (in this case up). This new event is reported to have moved laterally. I don't know what it is, but the 2 events are not the same.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by comradespartan
But if you look at the pictures closely, the two sets of images look nothing alike. This new event over Australia looks more like a crescent than a spiral. .

It's actually identical to the Norway Spiral:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9841fffc7efd.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join