It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Course SOMETHING Is Going To Happen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

has proven that human consciousness alters photon reactions.

Really? Show me the evidence.

and only change it's molecular structure

LOL. Please correct this mistake.

then all thoughts are forever and since matter is formed by like energy clumping together

More mistakes. Two in fact.

Our collective thoughts (collectively energy...consciousness) is creating reality.

Got any proof of that? Please don't use Carlos Castenada since he admitted he faked all of his books.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It's obvious you know nothing about energy. Maybe you should read a few good books by physicists that support the information and get back to us. There are plenty out there.

You're the one with the nonsense claims. Please provide evidence.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can't teach quantum mechanics to you on a forum. Study experiments regarding Quantum Entanglement (google it).

A beginners book on the subject by a professor that taught physics for 30+ years at the University of Oregon would be The Self-Aware Universe or Physics of the Soul.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I can't teach quantum mechanics to you on a forum. Study experiments regarding Quantum Entanglement (google it).

So you have no evidence for the nonsense you are spouting. No surprise there.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hate to get into this argument but from what I see mr stereocrapologist can't back his claims either. the other arguing against him are somewhat correct in SOME of their claims but are just having a hard time articulating them.

Sorry stereo man, but you know as well as I that ALL MATTER spins and vibrates. the only thing that doesn't vibrate is at absolute zero

Like an infinitely thin rubber band, each particle contains a vibrating, oscillating, dancing filament that physicists have named a string.

A Theory of Everything?

Also I didn't not believe the 2012 hype either, just because the Mayan Long Count calendar ends on dec 21, 2012. But after seeing 2012 encoded in the great pyramid, showing up in crop circles that were made on rainy nights in 10 minutes with no footsteps leading into them, and almost every ancient civilization having prophecy dealing with this time, its hard to ignore the possibility that some change will occur.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by insideNSA

Sorry stereo man, but you know as well as I that ALL MATTER spins and vibrates. the only thing that doesn't vibrate is at absolute zero

That's not correct either. Absolute value is the point at which no energy can be removed from the system.

Absolute Zero

While molecular motion would not cease entirely at absolute zero, the system would not have enough energy for transference to other systems.

Like an infinitely thin rubber band, each particle contains a vibrating, oscillating, dancing filament that physicists have named a string.

String theory is distinct from quantum theory.

String Theory

String theory is a developing theory in particle physics which attempts to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Illustration of double slit experiment in wave form / particle duality... (everyone knows of the famous double slit experiment)

Quantum Electro-Dynamics (QED) tells us that particles only form into particles as a collapse of their wave of potential upon observation. It is observation, says QED, that collapses a wave-form into a particle; a point well documented in any number of experiments. To clarify, unless observed, a particle remains in its pre-particle, wave-form state. Echoing the sentiments of quantum physics' trail-blazers, the sooner you get over the strangeness and implausibility of this, the sooner we can get down to business!

In the most simplest of terms.... human observation alters the experiment. Human consciousness is what interconnects the ALL at the quantum scale. That's also why one particle can be in two places at the same time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

To clarify, unless observed, a particle remains in its pre-particle, wave-form state. Echoing the sentiments of quantum physics' trail-blazers, the sooner you get over the strangeness and implausibility of this, the sooner we can get down to business!

The sooner you understand that observation does not mean the mind is involved the sooner we can get down to business.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For your information, I have degrees in Astrophysics, Math and other not related subjects.

I know very well everything there is to know, up to this point, about physics.

To say that you put the hand above a stone and can "feel" its "positive vibrations" is just ... oh I don't even wanna go there.

Have fun in your "fourth dimension".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom
For your information, I have degrees in Astrophysics, Math and other not related subjects.

I know very well everything there is to know, up to this point, about physics.

To say that you put the hand above a stone and can "feel" its "positive vibrations" is just ... oh I don't even wanna go there.

Have fun in your "fourth dimension".

Who said it would be fourth dimensional? Don't many quantum physicist speculate there are at least 11 dimensions?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
...it is the scientific fact that when we look at the stuff our world is made of — tiny quantum particles such as an electron, for example — the very act of us watching that electron changes the way it behaves in our presence. What’s more, the longer we look, the more it changes! In 1998, scientists at Israel’s Weizmann Institute of Science documented this phenomenon showing that “the greater the amount of ‘watching,’ the greater the observer’s influence on what actually takes place.” (Nature, Feb. 26, 1998) Citing such experiments, Princeton University physicist John Wheeler suggests that we not only play a role in the creation of our everyday world, but we play the prime role in what he calls a “participatory universe.” Wheeler states that we can no longer think of ourselves merely as onlookers who have no effect on the world around us, because it is impossible to simply watch. If we are alive and conscious, then we are affecting our world. “The old word ‘observer,’” he says, “simply has to be crossed off the books…and we must put in the new word ‘participator!” The key to Wheeler’s proposition is the word “participatory.” In a participatory universe, you and I are part of the equation. We are both creating the events of our lives, as well as the experiencers of what we create. Both are happening at the same time! In other words, we are like artists expressing our deepest passions, fears, dreams, and desires through the living essence of a mysterious quantum canvas. The difference between us and conventional artists, however, is that we are the canvas, as well as the images upon the canvas. We are the tools as well as the artists using the tools. And just as artists refine an image until it is just right in their minds, we may think of ourselves as perpetual artists, building a creation that is ever changing and never ending. Through our artist’s palette of beliefs, judgments, emotions, and prayers, we find ourselves in relationships, jobs, and situations of support and betrayal that play out with different people in different places. What a beautiful, bizarre, and powerful concept.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Are you referring to the Buks article?

We do know that many scientists do not agree with Wheeler's ideas on the universe.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You might want to give the source of this quote before you get smacked for plagiarism.

Then again, I wouldn't want to acknowledge quoting Gregg Braden either.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't buy it, but I'll throw my two cents in. Let's say that we can cause a slight reaction on a molecular level, maybe giving credence to things like knowing when you're being watched. This is such a small scale event that it would translate into a humming bird farting into a hurricane and saying that would have any effect on the hurricane itself. Wheeler is a crackpot, entertaining, but nuts all the same.

2012 has been blown so out of proportion that when no global event happens, some will take their own lives, some will have to accept that they shed all their material posessions on a farce, and others (like me) will gloat and laugh at the insanity of the whole thing.....

and then it will start again with another crackpot date. sigh

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Hello KILL_DOGG-

So I agree with you that each year there are disasters all around the world. I also can't tell you that 2012 will be the end all year. I can however see what is going on in the world and see that we should be ready for the next few comming years. Why?

The gulf oil spill is going to get much worse. I don't know how bad it will get I just know it will get worse, and in 2 years time when 2012 comes, it might be killing many people.

The wars that are going on right now, and the ones that are comming in the next couple years (you can see them comming), will cause even more divide and destruction on earth.

They predict there could be huge solar storms comming in 2012-2013 which could do much damage to all our satellites. What would people do if it happened right around the time of the doomsday prediction?

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

I know there are many more things that are going on but i'm at work so I need to keep it kinda short. So just one of these things is bad but if you start looking at all the things going on right now all at once it spells disaster on a large scale. If enough people "panic" there will be mass chaos.

So I don't think life will end on our planet on that day but I do think we are all in for major major changes in the next two years and to me that makes me think, the 2012 predictions are in there own right, true....

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wars have been going on forever it seems. Some parts of the world have been in conflict so long it seems that is all that happens there. Some wars resolve and others do not. New wars come and go all of the time. Think about Vietnam, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Congo, Angola, Colombia, Chad, Libya, Pakistan, afghanistan, Israel, Chechnya, Kosovo, Georgia, Ingushetia, Mali, ...

Solar predictions are part of the cycle of the sun. There is an 11 year cycle with the sun. Meteor showers come every year. The question is whether the orbit of the Earth goes through the center of the zone or brushes the side of the zone where the particles are.

So far no one has pointed to anything other than the fact that things happen all of the time and that normal things will happen in 2012.

What would be really weird is that nothing happens in 2012. It's going to be a regular year and things will happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
History is full of examples of people denying concepts they didn't understand.

I will admit, I am a pretty paranoid individual. Nobody joins a community like ATS without being influenced by some amount of paranoia about something. I'm probably a little more paranoid than most however. I'm also a realist though, and take most "new age gibberish" with a grain of salt.

However, I caution anyone who states that all of the theories surrounding 2012 are baseless. Or that a basis is sourced "from ancient people who were afraid the sun god was going to come down and give them an enima". It's my opinion, that these ancient peoples lacked understanding, not intelligence. They described things they didn't understand as best they could. The fact that something was described using an elementary understanding doesn't mean what they were describing didn't (or wouldn't) happen, or wasn't fact. Show a caveman a flashlight, and he'll scream "magic!". He'll tell stories about how you held a star in the palm of your hand, and used it to cast light into the darkness. The fact that he describes you as a god in his cave murals, doesn't mean that the flashlight didn't exist. It only means he didn't understand what he was seeing.

Additionally, the one thing most of these ancient peoples did understand, was the sky, the cosmos, and it's related cycles. Their understanding of these concepts rivals, or perhaps even exceeds our own. That said, I would add that I don't think it's prudent to assume that nothing out of the ordinary will happen when they said it would. It may not be the end of the world, or some wacky "shift in consciousness". But, we really have no basis for saying nothing new will occur. We know that our Milky Way galaxy is structured around a plane. A plane that no doubt acts as an orbital "freeway" around the super massive black hole at the center of the galaxy, the same way the planets orbit our sun in a plane. We have no way at this time, of knowing what type of detectable or undetectable matter or energy exists in this plane, or what will happen to our planet or sun when we pass through this plane. Maybe nothing, maybe everything. Perhaps vast quantities of unknown particles or energy (think Hawking radiation) live in this plane, and may or may not have a direct impact on the behavior of our solar system in a way that may or may not affect us directly.

So I guess in a way, I'm agnostic when it comes to 2012. While there's no proof that anything is going to happen, there's no proof that it's going to be business as usual. In the mean time though, the sky is blue today, and the leaves are green, so I'll get on with my life.

As far as Apothos in 2029, it's ludicrous to emphatically state that it simply will not hit, almost 20 years before it arrives. We know it will be close, that much is certain. But it's got 20 years to travel around a solar system that is cluttered with debris capable of altering it's trajectory. It doesn't take more than a tiny little nudge, to make a significant change in where it's actually going to be after years of traveling.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ugh 2012....What a bad year...and it hasn't even come yet!
I honestly think, the big event is going to be nothing devastating.
IF (and I stress, IF) something goes down, it's probably going to be something along the lines of entering a new age, maybe a global shift in conscience
(spelling? ^)

But, being cursed with an open mind, I'll still prepare for the worst...Somewhat...
Illegal substances, and beer, yeehaw, bring on the apocalypse!!
I'll make sure I'm so blitzed, that I won't even know I'm about to die

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

I know very well everything there is to know, up to this point, about physics....

Sorry, but I had to highlight this.

Did you really say you know everything there is to know about physics?

Perhaps you can confirm as to whether or not 42 really is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

Seriously, you can't really think you know everything there is to know about physics, do you? If so, that truly makes you a god among men. What are you waiting for? Give us cold fusion already. Lets get on with interstellar travel, and hundred thousand year anti-matter AA batteries.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

As far as I am aware, we already passed through this supposed (arbitrary) galactic plane many light years ago. It will be many more light years before we even begin to head towards it again.

www.examiner.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join