It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Does increased traffic mean that TS is about to HTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Interesting thought (and one that I overlooked).
Seems just a bit too obvious - but ya never know!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Okay...quick question here for someone that is a little slow..LOL. If this came in at 10am, just what time would it have come in in Australia? As Doc Velocity said that For Acrylic Acid might stand for FAA and SKYKING...I was just reading a post about the Austrailian spiral. It was seen at 5am over there, though, and I am not good with time zones.

?
-FCL

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Funny you should mention the phonetic alphabet. I spent a few years with the FAA back before the PATCO strike in 1981 and we called it the ICAO (International Civil Aeronautics Organization) alphabet..LOL But you are right, they are all the same with a couple of exceptions (BRAVO vs BAKER comes to mind).

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by First Curiosity Last

Interesting! According to the time zone chart on the "Account Settings" page, my time zone is GMT -7 hours and Sidney is GMT +10. Therefore 10:00AM Friday here would be 17:00 GMT Friday which would make it 3:00AM Saturday in Sydney.

What is fascinating to me is that the unusually long messages and the two SKYKING messages would seem to coorelate nicely with the Australian sightings. Makes me say "Hmmmmm"

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Thank you for your reply, and the direction of where I can go to find these time zone things out!

I am grinning so big right now. LOL.

I am addicted to reading and refreshing the "most recently active" page, and I read all sorts of threads. I hope we get some more people to comment on this!
That would be crazy...gives a whole new meaning to SKYKING, huh? (Some people think its aliens, lol)

Doc Velocity, you chimed in on the spiral thing on the other thread, and I am a pretty good fan of yours, so please come back and give us your thoughts!
-FCL

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

COMSEC/SCI? Broadcasting in the clear with a gazillion watts on a published frequency sort of renders that moot don't you think? LOL (Granted that the actual contents of the messages are undoubtedly classified to the moon..)

But it's nice to hear from the Antelope Valley! (My FAA time was spent at LA Center in Palmdale and after the controllers strike, I spent some time out at North Base. No point in letting a good clearance go to waste..LOL)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I can neither confirm nor deny if I had the clearance at one time or another but I promise you that was all Google baby. I'm pretty sure Google has a SCI though...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well..after a day of quiet puctuated by routine traffic, I think I can safely put away my Chicken Little costume until another day.

Glad it turned out to be a false alarm.

But, of course, I'll keep listening (grin)

Thanks all for your comments and ideas.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join