It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Does increased traffic mean that TS is about to HTF?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

BREAKING: Does increased traffic mean that TS is about to HTF?

www.milaircomms.com

The Global HF System (GHFS) was stated by the US Air Force in June of 1992. This system was created by consolidating several other USAF HF networks, including the Strategic Air Command "Giant Talk" system. The goal of the system was to develope a worldwide HF network for providing Command & Control HF communictions to all authorized DOD aircraft and ground stations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
As a Ham Operator and shortwave listener for about 44 years, I have recently began monitoring the traffic on the GHFS net (see source).

This morning the normal message format was interrupted 3 times before 10:00AM today (MDT) by the addition of a voice message "FOR ACRYLIC ACID" which I assumed to be some sort of training message which might otherwise appear to be an authentic message.

However since about noon the message traffic has been almost non-stop and the message length (which usually averages around 40-50 characters) has suddenly jumped to 203 characters.

Additionally the have been 2 "SKYKING" messages within the last half hour.

Anybody know if this means anything, or should I call the boys in the white coats? LOL

www.milaircomms.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

I don’t know if TS is about to HTF...

But i do think that this is very interesting... and a thread that i shall be keeping a very close eye on.

Hopefully some of the more military minded ATS members can shed some light on this.

Great work

S+F

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, Here is some thing about ACRYLIC ACID from Wiki...

Wiki : Acrylic Acid

Acrylic acid (IUPAC: prop-2-enoic acid) is an organic compound with the formula CH2CHCO2H. It is the simplest unsaturated carboxylic acid, consisting of a vinyl group connected directly to a carboxylic acid terminus. This colorless liquid has a characteristic acrid or tart smell. It is miscible with water, alcohols, ethers, and chloroform. More than one billion kilograms are produced annually.[2]

Does it help you guys ?? Chloroform ? . any connection ??

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Thanks for the S & F. If you have access to an HF receiver, 11.175 MHZ seems to be the place. At the moment (13:57 MDT) the band is quiet and back to the usual "radio check" and phone patch traffic...but I'm keeping the radio on....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I really think that the name "ACRYLIC ACID" is one of the computer generated operation/project names of which the military seems so enamored. But then again... when you think about it.. Hmmmm

(Another long-format message being transmitted right now)

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Disregarding the possible meaning behind the cryptic message itself; I find the increase in traffic noteworthy. Such is always the case. HF communications are the backbone of emergency communications, due to the reach and relative low tech needed to use it.

I suspect this may be a preparedness exercise of some sort. Many states are gearing up emergency communications capabilities at this point, ostensibly to better serve the community should a large-scale disaster render satellite and computer driven systems off the air.

But of course, this is all speculation. Without the feedback of a participant in the communications, it is likely to remain that way.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Fascinating thread. Thanks, OP.

Stepping back, I would poisit an even larger dimension to this trend. I have noticed a great deal of "spike conditions" in all sorts of charts. For example, consider the 1,000-point drop and subsequent semi-recovery of the stock market on May 5, in about 15 minutes. Such "micro-crashes" are almost totally unheard of and involve a level of "systemic noise" that is very unnatural and perhaps even innately disturbing on some level. Other economic charts in recent days show disturbing, trend-breaking "amping up" of different variables...for example a personal favorite even if not the most fresh piece of news:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f0c1cd603cc.png[/atsimg]

Also, events such as the Gulf oil disasater, the sudden and dramatic wratcheting up of tensions in the Middle East and vis-a-vis Korea: These, too are kind of statistical "burts of noise" and pattern disturbance.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't get it. what does this all mean? someone or ''they' know ane conomic collaspe or something is coming? the end of all air communcations as we know it?

link   
I don't get it. what does this all mean? someone or ''they' know ane conomic collaspe or something is coming? the end of all air communcations as we know it?

link   
reply to post by silent thunder

WOW... I'm not sure exactly what that means when written, but put in the form of the chart... YIKES. I still don't know what it means, but I am smart enough to know that looks quite frightening...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
While ACRYLIC ACID is a chemical compound maybe they are using it as a special code word for something else.

Remember... the cow jumped over the moon
And the dish ran away with the spoon.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That was pretty much my thought when I decided to post this. The messages themselves are impossible to decrypt (well, as "impossible" an modern equipment can make it), but the format change together with the increased number of messages and characters within the messages gave me pause.

Considering the purpose of this particular radio network (especially the scary SKYKING messages) any variation from the "normal" grabs my attention.

Hopefully nothing will come of it, and I can take my place between Chicken Little and the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Truthfully, what it means is that there seems to be more (and somewhat at variance with the normal routine) information being transmitted via secure means on a military radio net. Any interpretation beyond that is pure speculation.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
.. _

_ _ . . _ _ . ...

_ . _ _ _ _ .... .. _. _ _ .

BT KING _ . . . _ _ . _

[edit on 4-6-2010 by endtimer]

[edit on 4-6-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Unless someone is a communications expert, you probably won't be able
to figure out what that says on my last post. I couldn't get the space bar
to give a space between letters. I tried to edit and it still wouldn't correct.
What the whiz is with this site sometimes?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
WOW!

Tie this in with the ban of 700 Mhz Headphones and we are on to something.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F and look forward to further development of this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hi OP,

Being a HAM Operator for so long, have you heard this sort of thing before?

Is it possible it's just some kind of Military Training exercise?

Can you tell where the signal is coming from, IE - is it local or is it coming through with Skip?

g.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

LOL Well, all I can say is that the font is making hash of the character spacing (i.e. is the First line "D" or "IT"??)

RST 199 de WB6QNS ... _._

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I simply said IT MEANS NOTHING.

The space bar would not let me actually put a space between characters
for some reason.

I know this is off topic. I am good at that. I will get my hands slapped for it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join